OMSI Maps :: Spandau Xtreme Gold Edition Complete - parts 1, 2 & 3

• Please log in to reply
492 replies to this topic

#81 DavidR.

DavidR.
  • Registered
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:58 PM

I'll just delete my earlier post text and start fresh, since it was getting a little long and messed up.... :)

So, as per my understanding of your response, I tried running the complete round trip, running in service from U Rathaus Spandau to Schulstrasse, then deadheading not-in-service from there. The run to Schulstrasse was fine. But then it wants me back at S+U Rathaus Spandau immediately, with absolutely no travel time whatsoever... Fine, so I blank out my destination sign and run back to S+U Rathaus Spandau as quickly as I can... Get there, and next it wants me back at Haupstr enroute to U Rathaus Spandau... Quit OMSI at this point, since I didn't want to do another complete round trip just to finish one scheduled round trip...

Am I missing something here?

No, no, no, sorry, my post was just explaining that the final stop shown on the in-cab timetables "Schulstrasse" equated to the route destination "Doberitzer Weg". ;)

.....The part where the tour goes from Schulstr, straight to Rathaus Spandau (with no time break) is indeed an error on that tour. The Tour that is supposed to follow your initial run from Rathaus Spandau <=> Doberitzer Weg (Schulstr), is supposed to be the return journey; Dobertizer Weg <=> Rathaus Spandau. :)

When assembling tours, it's easy to 'select' the wrong leg within the editor, as has happened in that case. I'm sure Mr Drive will address the few timetable anomolies (there are a couple of others in the tours) in good time. In the meantime, on this tour, upon reaching Schulstr, you can temporarily cancel the timetable in OMSI, and then do the return leg (back to R.Spandau) without a timetable loaded. When you get back to R.Spandau you can then reload another suitable timetable, time-wise.

Hope this helps.

#82 Mr Drive

Mr Drive
  • Topic Starter
  • OMSI Staff
  • 4,800 posts
  • Interests:Omsi, Jazzmusic, Nice Girls, Cats, Buses, Trams, Trains, Food, Wine tasting, Whiskey, Recording and mixing, Star Trek (all series) and the meaning of life!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:12 PM

The terminus line 134 is here:

http://maps.google.f...1,40.44,,0,2.02

(Hottengrund)

The complete route :

Posted Image

It is the principal street of "Gatow Str." then that of "Sakrower Landstraße".

Timetables :

http://www.vbb-fahri...wkdx644_1_1.pdf

That's totally correct.... :question:

When assembling tours, it's easy to 'select' the wrong leg within the editor, as has happened in that case. I'm sure Mr Drive will address the few timetable anomolies (there are a couple of others in the tours) in good time. In the meantime, on this tour, upon reaching Schulstr, you can temporarily cancel the timetable in OMSI, and then do the return leg (back to R.Spandau) without a timetable loaded. When you get back to R.Spandau you can then reload another suitable timetable, time-wise.

I made some of the schedules on basis of the real-time ones. As Davis states, it's very easy to pick te wrong leg. I'll correct that later. I saw more problem on the M32. The timetable are mostly correct, that sure is for the Heidebergplan trip. Bot at three o-clock i always see two busses leaving Heideberplan. One on the right time (15:04) and on that was supposed to leave at 07:55. No idea how that one got there....

In the meantime i have made a updatefile and with a little luck i gonna upload it right now!

It contains the following:
- A brand new 137-337.ttl file;
- An improved version of the AI-list (with some old busses in there;
- An improved version of the Hoffile, with the right stops and Ibis codes;
- I ad 30+ busses to the D92 file, so Omsi can't run out of busses and give a runtime error;
- Some map changes: placing a bus-entry at Wasserwerk and little cosmetic things.

Edited by Mr Drive, 09 August 2011 - 11:24 PM.

#83 Thiago

Thiago
  • OMSI Staff
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:14 PM

Let me say a great thank you for this superb map! :) :)
I hope to play it a lot more this weekend!
It runs very well here! :) :)

Great job mate!!

OZx OMSI Wiki | Forum Rules

Temporarily out from OMSI development.

supporter_banner1.png

#84 Freeman1001

Freeman1001
  • Registered
  • 490 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:21 PM

Hi

Thanks for the nice map...... I do get those small lag bites in some areas but its easy to cope with. Hope you manage to fix the current problems and keep up the hard work.

#85 AgoraRATP

AgoraRATP
  • Banned
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Bus and train

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:40 PM

That's totally correct.... :question:

Yes ;) !

#86 S.o.a.d

S.o.a.d
  • Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:53 PM

Sounds good!

I think it is best to only use default buses in the AI list for the map, as it's not possible to know which addon buses people have on their systems. So using defaults will be safer. :) And it sounds great that Marcel (s.o.a.d) has discovered this potential error caused by running out of buses. :cool: (Good work Marcel!). It makes logical sense actually that if there aren't enough bus types available of the bus type listed on the AI list for the tour, it will generate an error.

Isn't it great that we have a community that can put it's heads together and crack these problems :cool:

Hi mates!
I'm very pleased to hear (read) that! :smile:
Thank you guys!

Yes, it's indeed great, that we are together able to solve these probs!
A fantastic community that we got here!

Edited by S.o.a.d, 10 August 2011 - 12:01 AM.

Posted Image

#87 DavidR.

DavidR.
  • Registered
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:39 AM

In the meantime i have made a updatefile and with a little luck i gonna upload it right now!

It contains the following:
- A brand new 137-337.ttl file;
- An improved version of the AI-list (with some old busses in there;
- An improved version of the Hoffile, with the right stops and Ibis codes;
- I ad 30+ busses to the D92 file, so Omsi can't run out of busses and give a runtime error;
- Some map changes: placing a bus-entry at Wasserwerk and little cosmetic things.

Excellent work Mr Drive, can't wait to try out this 2nd update :cool:

You're putting a LOT of hard work into this map, and it's very appreciated. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
David.

#88 M29

M29
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:04 AM

.Thank U, the installer didn't contain announcements, but when you upload the official M32 annoucements provided by Mozart it works fine!!!

Thanks,I´ve donwloaded the announcements.At some stops it works now but at other there is no announcement as before.

Edited by M29, 10 August 2011 - 02:29 AM.

#89 S.o.a.d

S.o.a.d
  • Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:05 AM

Thank you very much, Mr Drive!!
Posted Image

#90 Mr Drive

Mr Drive
  • Topic Starter
  • OMSI Staff
  • 4,800 posts
  • Interests:Omsi, Jazzmusic, Nice Girls, Cats, Buses, Trams, Trains, Food, Wine tasting, Whiskey, Recording and mixing, Star Trek (all series) and the meaning of life!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:29 AM

Hi Folks,

I'm busy now with update 1.2, and i'll try also to solve the issues mentioned above.

Only the announcements will be done a little later, i'm thinking about making a new annoucementpack. As musician and former sound engineer i must be able to handle that job. More about that later... I'll keeping an eye on this topic, so when you have a proposal for an improvement, be swift!

#91 Zulnex

Zulnex
  • Registered
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:36 AM

Thank you very much Mr Drive. Keep up the awesome work. :thumbsup:

#92 Mr Drive

Mr Drive
  • Topic Starter
  • OMSI Staff
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:47 AM

I'll just delete my earlier post text and start fresh, since it was getting a little long and messed up.... :)

So, as per my understanding of your response, I tried running the complete round trip, running in service from U Rathaus Spandau to Schulstrasse, then deadheading not-in-service from there. The run to Schulstrasse was fine. But then it wants me back at S+U Rathaus Spandau immediately, with absolutely no travel time whatsoever... Fine, so I blank out my destination sign and run back to S+U Rathaus Spandau as quickly as I can... Get there, and next it wants me back at Haupstr enroute to U Rathaus Spandau... Quit OMSI at this point, since I didn't want to do another complete round trip just to finish one scheduled round trip...

Am I missing something here?

Well when you reach the end of a trip, the ibis show you the destignation of your next trip. (in this case Rathaus Spandau), when you press Q the next busstop woll be announced, in this case hauptstrasse. I'm looking in the M32 files, they seems correct. No wrong legs there... :cool:

Spandau Xtreme Update V1.2 is uploaded and waiting for approval!

Edited by Mr Drive, 10 August 2011 - 05:47 AM.

#93 DavidR.

DavidR.
  • Registered
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:31 AM

V1.2 update installed and map (and timetables and AI) all working perfectly here. :cool:

#94 JayKae

JayKae
  • Admin
  • 6,759 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:01 AM

Ok cool, I will reinstall and see what happens :)

Posted Image

Like Our Site?give us kudos to make our day!

Lian-Li PC PC-P80R, Intel Core i7 980X (OC44), GA-X58A-UD9, G.Skill 12GB Trident DDR3 RAM, 4 x ATI Radeon HD5970 2GB GDDR5 (xfire), 4 x G.Skill PHOENIX SSD - 240GB, Thermaltake Tough Power 1500W, Corsair Cooling Hydro H50, Zalman CNPS10X, Antec TriCool 120mm Fan, NZXT Sentry 2.5" TSDFC 

... and where is the Batman ?

#95 StoneC0ld

StoneC0ld
  • Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:39 PM

Well when you reach the end of a trip, the ibis show you the destignation of your next trip. (in this case Rathaus Spandau), when you press Q the next busstop woll be announced, in this case hauptstrasse. I'm looking in the M32 files, they seems correct. No wrong legs there... :cool:

Spandau Xtreme Update V1.2 is uploaded and waiting for approval!

Ok, I installed and tried the 1.2 update, and I get the exact same thing. The .hof file is fine, it cycles through the stops in the correct order. It appears the problem is in the timetables, which is where the shift-Y display gets its "next stop" information from. It would appear that all the runs from Schullstrasse to U Rathaus Spandau all are erroneously configured to start from S+U Rathaus Spandau instead of Schullstrasse, so in order to satisfy the timetable (and not the IBIS), I literally have to drive 2 round trips for every 1 scheduled round trip.

I just finished recording one round trip on video to document exactly what I'm seeing, I can post it on Youtube if you like...

Edit: Oddly enough... After the first run to Schulstrasse, I never get another passenger again....

Edited by StoneC0ld, 10 August 2011 - 03:41 PM.

WOSFIRST.jpg

#96 Mr Drive

Mr Drive
  • Topic Starter
  • OMSI Staff
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

Ok, I installed and tried the 1.2 update, and I get the exact same thing. The .hof file is fine, it cycles through the stops in the correct order. It appears the problem is in the timetables, which is where the shift-Y display gets its "next stop" information from. It would appear that all the runs from Schullstrasse to U Rathaus Spandau all are erroneously configured to start from S+U Rathaus Spandau instead of Schullstrasse, so in order to satisfy the timetable (and not the IBIS), I literally have to drive 2 round trips for every 1 scheduled round trip.

I just finished recording one round trip on video to document exactly what I'm seeing, I can post it on Youtube if you like...

Edit: Oddly enough... After the first run to Schulstrasse, I never get another passenger again....

Please post the video, i'll like to see what you mean.

About that passengers, i mentioned it to but there's nothing changed in that field (also litteraly). I saw AI busses driving towards Spandau without taking passengers. I consider it as a coincidence at that moment.

#97 kopmania

kopmania
  • Registered
  • 462 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:18 PM

I am getting this message while loading terrain
and funny thing, last night i played this map and now dont work XD
Posted Image

Edited by kopmania, 10 August 2011 - 06:19 PM.

#98 Mr Drive

Mr Drive
  • Topic Starter
  • OMSI Staff
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

I am getting this message while loading terrain
and funny thing, last night i played this map and now dont work XD
Posted Image

Have you downloaded the V1.2?

#99 kopmania

kopmania
  • Registered
  • 462 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

yes

#100 Stoag

Stoag
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

Hey,
in one of the last "Spandau modern" version, there was an announcement for "Krumme Garten", too.
It would be great if this file could be add again.
Is there still a download anywhere for this announcement?
Regards
Stoag

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users