Mr Drive

OMSI Maps :: Spandau Xtreme Gold Edition Complete - parts 1, 2 & 3

505 posts in this topic

I have a question, I got a little lost and wanted to turn on the route markers (yellow green things) and they are not there? Is that by design or is that a bug ? Please?

There are route markes and busstop markers. But... the route markers are only placed on spots where you have to take another road. Every busstop has a marker!

I have a couple questions regarding the M32....

First, I'm referring to the first few trips on tour 1 at the beginning of service... It runs from U Rathaus Spandau to Schullstrasse (or however it's spelled). What's the IBIS route code for this trip? The AI can set it, but the IBIS provides me no way to set it, and it's not listed in the .pdf...

Althought you're quite right, the final bus stop on that M32 routing is "Schulstrasse", the buses running this route show "Doberitzer Weg", as that is the main road opposite/adjacent Sculstrasse, and is better well known.

The IBIS route for R.Spandau <=> Doberitzer Weg is 07, and the return route (Doberitzer Weg <=> R.Spandau) is IBIS Route 08.

In case anyone was struggling with the "Linie" code for the M32, it is 03228.

:)

Regarding the M32 trip to Doberitzerweg (Schullstrasse) there are some strange things in the hoffile. I clear that up and will deliver a new hoffile with also some other little repairs. The trip is not intended to run a circle, so that one will be repaired to.

I'll just delete my earlier post text and start fresh, since it was getting a little long and messed up.... :)

So, as per my understanding of your response, I tried running the complete round trip, running in service from U Rathaus Spandau to Schulstrasse, then deadheading not-in-service from there. The run to Schulstrasse was fine. But then it wants me back at S+U Rathaus Spandau immediately, with absolutely no travel time whatsoever... Fine, so I blank out my destination sign and run back to S+U Rathaus Spandau as quickly as I can... Get there, and next it wants me back at Haupstr enroute to U Rathaus Spandau... Quit OMSI at this point, since I didn't want to do another complete round trip just to finish one scheduled round trip...

Am I missing something here?

Edited by StoneC0ld

You need to delete ONE file - "137+337.ttl" - not 2 files. Hope you saved the 2 files somewhere!!!

Cheers Tony

thanks again worked a treat great map appreciate all your hard work

I'll just delete my earlier post text and start fresh, since it was getting a little long and messed up.... :)

So, as per my understanding of your response, I tried running the complete round trip, running in service from U Rathaus Spandau to Schulstrasse, then deadheading not-in-service from there. The run to Schulstrasse was fine. But then it wants me back at S+U Rathaus Spandau immediately, with absolutely no travel time whatsoever... Fine, so I blank out my destination sign and run back to S+U Rathaus Spandau as quickly as I can... Get there, and next it wants me back at Haupstr enroute to U Rathaus Spandau... Quit OMSI at this point, since I didn't want to do another complete round trip just to finish one scheduled round trip...

No, no, no, sorry, my post was just explaining that the final stop shown on the in-cab timetables "Schulstrasse" equated to the route destination "Doberitzer Weg". ;)

.....The part where the tour goes from Schulstr, straight to Rathaus Spandau (with no time break) is indeed an error on that tour. The Tour that is supposed to follow your initial run from Rathaus Spandau <=> Doberitzer Weg (Schulstr), is supposed to be the return journey; Dobertizer Weg <=> Rathaus Spandau. :)

When assembling tours, it's easy to 'select' the wrong leg within the editor, as has happened in that case. I'm sure Mr Drive will address the few timetable anomolies (there are a couple of others in the tours) in good time. In the meantime, on this tour, upon reaching Schulstr, you can temporarily cancel the timetable in OMSI, and then do the return leg (back to R.Spandau) without a timetable loaded. When you get back to R.Spandau you can then reload another suitable timetable, time-wise.

Hope this helps.

That's totally correct.... :question:

When assembling tours, it's easy to 'select' the wrong leg within the editor, as has happened in that case. I'm sure Mr Drive will address the few timetable anomolies (there are a couple of others in the tours) in good time. In the meantime, on this tour, upon reaching Schulstr, you can temporarily cancel the timetable in OMSI, and then do the return leg (back to R.Spandau) without a timetable loaded. When you get back to R.Spandau you can then reload another suitable timetable, time-wise.

I made some of the schedules on basis of the real-time ones. As Davis states, it's very easy to pick te wrong leg. I'll correct that later. I saw more problem on the M32. The timetable are mostly correct, that sure is for the Heidebergplan trip. Bot at three o-clock i always see two busses leaving Heideberplan. One on the right time (15:04) and on that was supposed to leave at 07:55. No idea how that one got there....

In the meantime i have made a updatefile and with a little luck i gonna upload it right now!

It contains the following:

- A brand new 137-337.ttl file;

- An improved version of the AI-list (with some old busses in there;

- An improved version of the Hoffile, with the right stops and Ibis codes;

- I ad 30+ busses to the D92 file, so Omsi can't run out of busses and give a runtime error;

- Some map changes: placing a bus-entry at Wasserwerk and little cosmetic things.

Edited by Mr Drive

Let me say a great thank you for this superb map! :) :)

I hope to play it a lot more this weekend!

It runs very well here! :) :)

Great job mate!!

Hi

Thanks for the nice map...... I do get those small lag bites in some areas but its easy to cope with. Hope you manage to fix the current problems and keep up the hard work.

Sounds good!

I think it is best to only use default buses in the AI list for the map, as it's not possible to know which addon buses people have on their systems. So using defaults will be safer. :) And it sounds great that Marcel (s.o.a.d) has discovered this potential error caused by running out of buses. :cool: (Good work Marcel!). It makes logical sense actually that if there aren't enough bus types available of the bus type listed on the AI list for the tour, it will generate an error.

Isn't it great that we have a community that can put it's heads together and crack these problems :cool:

Hi mates!

I'm very pleased to hear (read) that! :smile:

Thank you guys!

Yes, it's indeed great, that we are together able to solve these probs!

A fantastic community that we got here!

Edited by S.o.a.d

In the meantime i have made a updatefile and with a little luck i gonna upload it right now!

It contains the following:

- A brand new 137-337.ttl file;

- An improved version of the AI-list (with some old busses in there;

- An improved version of the Hoffile, with the right stops and Ibis codes;

- I ad 30+ busses to the D92 file, so Omsi can't run out of busses and give a runtime error;

- Some map changes: placing a bus-entry at Wasserwerk and little cosmetic things.

Excellent work Mr Drive, can't wait to try out this 2nd update :cool:

You're putting a LOT of hard work into this map, and it's very appreciated. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

David.

.Thank U, the installer didn't contain announcements, but when you upload the official M32 annoucements provided by Mozart it works fine!!!

Thanks,I´ve donwloaded the announcements.At some stops it works now but at other there is no announcement as before.

Edited by M29

Hi Folks,

I'm busy now with update 1.2, and i'll try also to solve the issues mentioned above.

Only the announcements will be done a little later, i'm thinking about making a new annoucementpack. As musician and former sound engineer i must be able to handle that job. More about that later... I'll keeping an eye on this topic, so when you have a proposal for an improvement, be swift!

Well when you reach the end of a trip, the ibis show you the destignation of your next trip. (in this case Rathaus Spandau), when you press Q the next busstop woll be announced, in this case hauptstrasse. I'm looking in the M32 files, they seems correct. No wrong legs there... :cool:

Spandau Xtreme Update V1.2 is uploaded and waiting for approval!

Edited by Mr Drive

Well when you reach the end of a trip, the ibis show you the destignation of your next trip. (in this case Rathaus Spandau), when you press Q the next busstop woll be announced, in this case hauptstrasse. I'm looking in the M32 files, they seems correct. No wrong legs there... :cool:

Spandau Xtreme Update V1.2 is uploaded and waiting for approval!

Ok, I installed and tried the 1.2 update, and I get the exact same thing. The .hof file is fine, it cycles through the stops in the correct order. It appears the problem is in the timetables, which is where the shift-Y display gets its "next stop" information from. It would appear that all the runs from Schullstrasse to U Rathaus Spandau all are erroneously configured to start from S+U Rathaus Spandau instead of Schullstrasse, so in order to satisfy the timetable (and not the IBIS), I literally have to drive 2 round trips for every 1 scheduled round trip.

I just finished recording one round trip on video to document exactly what I'm seeing, I can post it on Youtube if you like...

Edit: Oddly enough... After the first run to Schulstrasse, I never get another passenger again....

Edited by StoneC0ld

Ok, I installed and tried the 1.2 update, and I get the exact same thing. The .hof file is fine, it cycles through the stops in the correct order. It appears the problem is in the timetables, which is where the shift-Y display gets its "next stop" information from. It would appear that all the runs from Schullstrasse to U Rathaus Spandau all are erroneously configured to start from S+U Rathaus Spandau instead of Schullstrasse, so in order to satisfy the timetable (and not the IBIS), I literally have to drive 2 round trips for every 1 scheduled round trip.

I just finished recording one round trip on video to document exactly what I'm seeing, I can post it on Youtube if you like...

Edit: Oddly enough... After the first run to Schulstrasse, I never get another passenger again....

Please post the video, i'll like to see what you mean.

About that passengers, i mentioned it to but there's nothing changed in that field (also litteraly). I saw AI busses driving towards Spandau without taking passengers. I consider it as a coincidence at that moment.

I am getting this message while loading terrain

and funny thing, last night i played this map and now dont work XD

omsi22222222131.jpg

Edited by kopmania

I am getting this message while loading terrain

and funny thing, last night i played this map and now dont work XD

omsi22222222131.jpg

Have you downloaded the V1.2?

Hey,

in one of the last "Spandau modern" version, there was an announcement for "Krumme Garten", too.

It would be great if this file could be add again.

Is there still a download anywhere for this announcement?

Regards

Stoag