Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
EirikhO

OMSI Utilities & Mods :: MAN SD84R

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=1861

File Name: MAN SD84R

File Submitter: EirikhO

File Submitted: 07 Aug 2011

File Updated: 11 Aug 2011

File Category: OMSI Utilities & Mods

I changed the name of the modification from this update onwards.

This is a modification of the default MAN SD200/SD84 bus. It does not edit the original bus in any way, but creates a new vehicle in the vehicle list.

Features include:

* All doors are manually controllable, the two front doors with the previous first front door button,

and the rear doors with the old 2nd front door buttons.

* A door bell is heard (from eight points throughout the bus) when a passenger wants to alight.

* An alarm is heard if the rear door is left open at speeds exceeding 7 kph.

* The 2nd front door can be locked out of use by using the release doors-button.

* If you press the front door button with the power off, the first leaf will open, just like the

outside button does.

* The light for the outside destination matrix boards are independently controlled with the "Lower

deck first light right hand side" button. All lower deck lights are controlled with the same button.

NEW FEATURES SINCE LAST UPDATE:

* The yellow buggy light on the dashboard lights up when the retarders are engaged.

* The headlamps dim to parking light if the parking brake is activated and the headlamps are on.

Full light (that one with the blue indicator light on the dashboard) does not have this feature.

* The rear doors auto-shut if they are still open when the speed reaches 15 kph

* A digital speedometer is added where the tape recorder was mounted, it looks identical to the

thermometer, but shows your speed (based on rear wheel rotation, same as the analog speedometer)

in kph. The old thermometer is still under the left-side window and still shows the temperature.

* The radio is turned on/off with the buggy button.

* The AI script has been rewritten to better utilise the functions of the bus.

Known bugs:

-Not really a bug, but I think I've forgotten to tie the radio up with the electricity system, so even when you cut the power the radio keeps going. IRL some buses do that too so maybe it's not such a problem

I'm not really sure if I like the new radio system, but it looks more integrated this way.

Just updated the file to fix the door cut-out button bug and the lack of light on the matrix light button (rewriting the entire matrix light script in the process when the error was a misplaces number). Basically the update changes two symbols in total and nothing else.

The next update will include an auto-closing rear door in case you have the radio on too loud so you don't hear the alarm in combination with sun so you don't see the lamp :ph34r:

Edited by EirikhO

Just updated the file to fix the door cut-out button bug and the lack of light on the matrix light button (rewriting the entire matrix light script in the process when the error was a misplaces number). Basically the update changes two symbols in total and nothing else.

The next update will include an auto-closing rear door in case you have the radio on too loud so you don't hear the alarm in combination with sun so you don't see the lamp :ph34r:

brilliant mod :) any chance same for the sd202's?

mike

I'll see if I do something like this with the SD202, I'm not really a fan of them. There'll most likely be a new version out today or tomorrow. If you have any ideas for further functions, please let me know.

I'll see if I do something like this with the SD202, I'm not really a fan of them. There'll most likely be a new version out today or tomorrow. If you have any ideas for further functions, please let me know.

only 1 i can think of but sure if it can work.. the ibis annoucements that the destinations get annouced automatically instead of manual?

I'll tell you what I'd love Eirikho;

In the UK, most buses have a "Door Master" system, which is where the driver presses the door 'open' button as he's approaching the bus stop, but the door doesn't open while moving; it opens automaitcally as soon as the bus comes to a stop.

That would be amazing!

I'll tell you what I'd love Eirikho;

In the UK, most buses have a "Door Master" system, which is where the driver presses the door 'open' button as he's approaching the bus stop, but the door doesn't open while moving; it opens automaitcally as soon as the bus comes to a stop.

That would be amazing!

That'd be doable, but I don't see how I could do it while keeping the current system. Maybe if I do one for the SD202 buses.

Problem! Since installing this, as soon as I select 'MAN' in the scrollbox of bus types, OMSI crashes with the following screen:

omsi-error.jpg

Can anyone suggest what I've done wrong? I copied everything from the unzipped folder into the correct places, so I don't know what I've done wrong! Unfortunately, this means I can't drive any of the MAN buses on OMSI now!

HELP!!!

Most likely you have a mod playing a sound when the stop buttons are pushed. The error would not have occurred if I had taken care to make sure I had included the right version of the .bus file, and removed reduntant files.

To solve the error, open /MAN_SD200/Script/door_varlist.txt and add stop_request_played on its own line at the bottom. If you get further similiar errors, but with another item, repeat for them. I will upload a new version of the mod immediately, but it will not fix the fault so you'll have to do it yourself, because if I include a fix it may affect other people with other mods.

Edit: New file uploaded, please re-download.

Edited by EirikhO

Most likely you have a mod playing a sound when the stop buttons are pushed. The error would not have occurred if I had taken care to make sure I had included the right version of the .bus file, and removed reduntant files.

To solve the error, open /MAN_SD200/Script/door_varlist.txt and add stop_request_played on its own line at the bottom. If you get further similiar errors, but with another item, repeat for them. I will upload a new version of the mod immediately, but it will not fix the fault so you'll have to do it yourself, because if I include a fix it may affect other people with other mods.

Edit: New file uploaded, please re-download.

Sorted, Eirikh0. Much obliged to you! I think the problem came from trying to install a bell mod into the wrong folder! All working properly now though, thanks. :thumbsup:

Great, 84 is one of my favorite buses and you make it even better :) Thank you.

One suggestion or request is it hard to remove this function -

* The headlamps dim to parking light if the parking brake is activated and the headlamps are on.

Because i'm using parking brake quite often, on the traffic lights for example and this function is a bit useless in this way. If it's not hard to do i can modify it by myself just give me the way :)

Looks like we are going to have to do something about your username person above me lol can you let me know what that is supposed to say and I will put a more noticable name down for you lol

Umm, I have a problem. Whenever I select the sd84r but from the list, I get an error and OMSI crashes. I have installed everything in the right places . Any help will be much appreciated!

Ummm, It quickly flashes then omsi closes so not really, but I can tell its 2 messages. The fitsr one is 2 words in German and the next is just like the error in the picture posted above... I know for a fact I have installed everything correctly, I even re-installed OMSI but that didn't help. I am new to forums and have no bloody idea how to post a picture because I have print screens...

Quote from other topic:

You can try to hold the plus-button on your num pad (large button immediately to the right of 6 and 9 on most layouts), it increases the pressure on the throttle pedal, from 85% pushed in without it to all the way to the floor when you push it. I don't know any easy way to add more stuff to the SD84R, but I'm currently making a D87R, which is going to feature a new gear box. I suspect it will be out within a week or so.

Hi, how this project is going? I mean that D87R? Can you tell what you are adding to this version? :rolleyes: I'm waiting it! :)

To take a screenshot, press the prt scr button on your keyboard, it is usually located near the F12 button. Open up Paint and select 'paste' from the menu there, then save the image. Then you open a picture hosting page like http://imgur.com/ and upload your picture there. Could you do that?