Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Lockheart

OMSI Utilities & Mods :: Background Sounds

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=1801

File Name: Background Sounds

File Submitter: Lockheart

File Submitted: 29 Jun 2011

File Updated: 31 Aug 2011

File Category: OMSI Utilities & Mods

I present to you, background ambiance sounds, have your terminals by a woodland area/park? Feels empty with out birds chirping right?

This download contains hidden cubes(visible only in the editor) that emits sounds within an area, for example, birds chirping, bustling people, crashing and splashing of water or the sounds of a marketplace/square. This can really bring an area to much more life then empty dead air and the sound of distant traffic.

More sounds are planned and ideas are welcome!

Please download sounds16.zip to get the newest files

Legendary mate, thank you!

Legendary? Dunno if that praise is the same over here cause that seems a little high for what I've done :blush:

Regardless, I hope you guys enjoy it. Makes things much more interesting for me at least! And I will continue to update this file(mainly since I'm making these for my map so I'll be adding mostly what I need beyond any requests)

I KNOW this is a stupid question but...... as I'm from Sweden (living in Spain)........

HOW/WHERE do I install the downloaded files?

Jack

the Swede in Spoain

I also would like to know what to do with these SCO files, are these just for scenery creators, or, can anyone use them and if so, where do we put the folders please, after we've extracted them from the zip??

Thanks.

Transport Steve.

To install the files simply place the extracted fold into Sceneryobjects then load up your map in the editor and click on LOAD ALL under the objects tab. Then simply place down the white cubes to add the sounds to your map.

Version 1.5 is now available!

* -New sound cubes available such as:

* -Train Station announcements[Three flavors]

* -Countryside sounds

* -Harbor sounds

* -Industry sounds

* -Park sounds

Please be sure to let me know if there are any problems or errors.

Also I'd like to point out that the train station sounds are currently set to go off roughly every hour, so they may appear not to work, but they do.

Enjoy!

Version 1.6 is now available!

* -New sound cubes available such as:

* -Road Construction sounds

* -School yard sounds(requested)

* -Sporting Event[Warning this sound DOES NOT loop]

* -Shopping Centre sounds[This one is different from the marketplace, little quieter and more modern sounding]

As always let me know if there are any problems or errors.

Please note to keep the files sizes down(as the last one was 20 megs) I've decided NOT to include the original sound files, the new file you want to download is Sounds16, Backgroundsound and Backgroundsounds 1.5 do NOT include these new files.

Personally I'd like to note, I took a bit of time off this project for personal reasons and due to claims of betraying Janniboy on the official forums(since we both appeared to have similar ideas for sounds). However I've moved on and will continue to work on this project until it appears enough sounds have been compiled.

Enjoy!

Hi 

Where is Scenery opbjects in P3D.?

And what is "map in the editor" ?

I write this because I cant find the install instruction?

All the best 

Regards 

Jens

P3D, is that not a Flightsim?  You're here in the Omsi section.  This soundobjects are made for Omsi. We're talking about a bus simulator here. :smile:

In the first post.....

On 27/4/2017 at 11:30 AM, Mr Drive said:

P3D, is that not a Flightsim?  You're here in the Omsi section.  This soundobjects are made for Omsi. We're talking about a bus simulator here. :smile:

Ups....:oops:

Ha ha 

Thank you for waking me ^_^

Jens