Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
JayKae

Utilities :: 340+ Selectable Ozx airstrips

340+ Selectable Ozx airstrips

If you want the OZx airstrips (340+) to show up in FSX airport selection list and being able to select to fly to and from them, you can download the BGL files at the bottom. That will add these airstrips to FSX list of airports/airstrips. The download contain one BGL for each region.

This is very basic. It does not contain afcad files, but you can select the airstrips in FSX list of airports, and start at a airstrip or fly direct to an airstrip by using the FSX flight planner and GPS. The airstrips that did not have an ICOA code I have allocated a YZ.. code so to facilitate selecting the airstrip by name or by code. I have added an excel spreadsheet for all the airstrips with their ICOA codes that is included with the download file.

If u don’t want to see the airstrips, they just remove the BGL. A very easy process.

Thanks you for this comprehensive work!

It's a great relief to find the small airstrips quickly.

Dieter

Thanks you for this comprehensive work. I started from Tasmania's Waddamana to Interlaken and then to Woodbury Gliding Club and ends in Jericho in a Piper J3 Cub.

And the next weeks I will discover the other small airfields.

Again many thanks....Peter

Guest Bliksimpie

thanks guys.. Enjoy but most importantly we get to enjoy the magnificent airstrips created by the Ozx masters.. and believe me there are truely stunning airstrips to be visited..

I have downloaded and installed these airports and the bgl files. The airports are in the scenery and I have flown to and landed at many of them. However, the YZ airports do not show up in the FSX airport ID lists. I have checked my files with other Aussie pilots and my files are the same as theirs and in the same locations. Theirs show up in the FSX airport ID window and mine do not. Can you offer me any help? I am using Windows 7 64. Thanks, Lazyeight

This package is for 340 custom OZX airfields  that dont have an afcad, 

Its use was for GPS flying or start points in case you dont want to use dead reckoning

Of course the thread is almost 6 years old and as Penzoil3 points out some of the airports do not require the file.

Funny about these old files. I have over the years re-installed my sim many times and each time I tend to forget little add ons that I had. Just last week I was trying to spawn at Palana on Flinders Island but could not locate it in FSX whilst everyone else in the flight had no problem. The airflied was in my scenery I just could not spawn there. This is the little addon that I was missing. Thanks for bringing it to my attention Tipton and thankyou Bliksimpie whoever/wherever you are:smile: