Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

JayKae

OMSI Maps :: Tropical City 1.1

thumb-291ce322c1294e11a2b08a1acaa7b456-monthly_05_2011_d0a1189b265e7cc2409880686be8ee65-picture.jpg

File Name: Tropical City 1.1

File Submitter: Thiago

File Submitted: 20 May 2011

File Category: OMSI Maps

Attention! This is an old map made by me (2011)

Tropical City is a fictional map that features:

The website 'tooo.com.br' referred in the documentation doesn't exist anymore. All support is now given here.

4 neighborhoods + 1 rural district, an airport and a forest park;

10 bus routes (including 1 night route);

New liveries for buses D92 and D85;

New sound announcements for D92;

New ticket packs;

Detailed documentation and timetable;

JPG Route Maps (optional - download them here: http://dl.dropbox.co...ty/Maps_JPG.zip).

Required mods:

gcw Strassenobjekt 1.3

by Seeadler (mods.gcworld.de)

SULO Mülltonnen

by Nordenhamer and Ventyres (Download at OMSI CZ/SK (www.omsi.cz). Search in "Download - Objekty" for "Sulo popelnice")

Extract both mods to your \Omsi\Sceneryobjects\ folder.

This setup package was built specially for OZx. You cannot upload it anywhere else.

Considering we're all mainly using the standard (German) objects, I think this map is the most successful at giving the feel that it's some place else .... it really feels tropical.

:)

That's odd, Flippy. I know some people have problems with Access Violation when they choose a high number of unscheduled vehicles, but I didn't notice any complain about extreme lag. I tried to put some detail in some locations (trash bins, benches, street name plates) but anything that could cause that.

But I really feel a fps dropdown when I'm using Aero theme. But that is known.

I get that now and then with this map but the Readme states it happens at random so its sort of expected. Just amazed how other maps, with even more detail, dont have the lag issue!

This is one of the smoothest, least laggy maps I've used.

The heaviest maps for me, are all of the Spandau based ones (Spandau-89, Spandau Modern, and New Spandau (Cristian's map), always around the Rathaus Spandau area.

But I find Tropical City very smooth.

I'm on good old Win XP SP3, E9650 Core 2 Quad 3.0Ghz, 3GB DDR2 RAM, nVidia 8800GTS 512Mb.... was in it's time a great 'gaming PC' but that was 4 years ago! .... long in the tooth now, but generally runs OMSI & FSX great.

:)

David.

Haven't got to try this yet as fathers know lol, babies and pregnant wives come firstt, which leaves me very little time to even eat let alone drive a simulated bus lmao. But this map along with many others are downloaded and installed so there is always hope rofl

Haven't got to try this yet as fathers know lol, babies and pregnant wives come firstt, which leaves me very little time to even eat let alone drive a simulated bus lmao. But this map along with many others are downloaded and installed so there is always hope rofl

I know the feeling mate, have a 3 year old and a pregnant wife too! ..... I find energy drinks (red bull etc) and going without sleep helps to get everything done LOL!

D.

I know the feeling mate, have a 3 year old and a pregnant wife too! ..... I find energy drinks (red bull etc) and going without sleep helps to get everything done LOL!

D.

I'm off to Woolworths now to see how much red bull they have in stock lmao. I don't think she'll notice a few dozen cans mixed in with the shopping lol

I have little problem when i'm leaving from airport and on highway i came to big uphill... I can't get up if i dont have enough speed... So my point is that that uphill is too steep...

And sorry my bad english

I have little problem when i'm leaving from airport and on highway i came to big uphill... I can't get up if i dont have enough speed... So my point is that that uphill is too steep...

And sorry my bad english

Hello! Great to know that 'Tropical City' has reached Finland!

Hm that's odd, I can go up the hill with the conventional buses. But Tony's suggestion will solve this, giving more power to the buses.

There is also a turbo button in OMSI that may help you going up hills.

Greetings from Brazil!

Hello! Great to know that 'Tropical City' has reached Finland!

Hm that's odd, I can go up the hill with the conventional buses. But Tony's suggestion will solve this, giving more power to the buses.

There is also a turbo button in OMSI that may help you going up hills.

Greetings from Brazil!

Hi,

Thanks to tony. I will try this. And thanks to you Thiago too! I just recommend to couple other my friend from Finland to try this map! :) I love this hills, curves and towns! I found last night other little bug. In E2 line in Estandes in terminus it have some hole tms. when i go from road to terminus or when i leave E2 terminus to Fazenda. Every time my passengers just want to leave bus...

And can you tell, what is this turbo button? I like use SD84R -bus which found on this site because this have full manually controllable front and backdoors! Can Tony suggestion add more power SD84R too?

Thanks for replys! :)

And can you tell, what is this turbo button? I like use SD84R -bus which found on this site because this have full manually controllable front and backdoors! Can Tony suggestion add more power SD84R too?

Thanks for replys! :)

You can try to hold the plus-button on your num pad (large button immediately to the right of 6 and 9 on most layouts), it increases the pressure on the throttle pedal, from 85% pushed in without it to all the way to the floor when you push it. I don't know any easy way to add more stuff to the SD84R, but I'm currently making a D87R, which is going to feature a new gear box. I suspect it will be out within a week or so.

You can try to hold the plus-button on your num pad (large button immediately to the right of 6 and 9 on most layouts), it increases the pressure on the throttle pedal, from 85% pushed in without it to all the way to the floor when you push it. I don't know any easy way to add more stuff to the SD84R, but I'm currently making a D87R, which is going to feature a new gear box. I suspect it will be out within a week or so.

Hi, thanks for reply. I have laptop with dont have numpad. So is there some other way do this? I try new D92 and it work perfectly and i like it. But i dont like automatic backdoors and that when passengers want leave bus and "press stop-button" and no sound hear... In D84R it can be hear because EirikhO add it...

But now i can drive that big uphill and i'm happy! :)

so if your using a steering wheel, is there a point to using this button?

because i have noticed if im putting my foot down 2/3rds ish, going at constant speed, i can plant my foot down and feel the bus knock down a gear to get more acceleration.

Yes, the kickdown function (in the default buses at least) is called only when the throttle is fully down. Kickdown is where the automatic gear box gears down to get more power, for instance in uphills.