• 6,742 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

Posted Image

File Name: New Berlin-Spandau Map
File Submitter: JayKae
File Submitted: 21 May 2011
File Category: OMSI Maps

THIS MAP WAS UPLOADED WITH PERMISSION FROM CRISTIAN

My project is now updated and it's available to download in version V1.4 !
All informations about installing process as well as other things can be found in download package, so I highly recommend to read this first and you will get no trouble Posted Image

Here we go then....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VERY IMPORTANT !

If you have already installed former version, please delete 'New Berlin-Spandau Map" folder from your game folder
(default directory: C:\Program Files\m-r-software\omsi\maps), and then extract files of V 1.4 archive.

If you use new addon bus, please copy Berlin.hof file to correct folder of that bus.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:

Regular Lines:

5 - between U Rathaus Spandau and Spandau Freudstr. (via Zeppelinstr., Platze)
13 - between Hahneberg and Maxim.-Kolbe Str. (via Melanchthonplatz, Am Omnibushof)
31 - between S Bahnhof Galenstr. and Reimerweg (via Altern Str., Baluschekweg)
34 - between S Bahnhof Galenstr. and Zoologischer Garten (via U Altstadt Spandau, Spandau Friedhof)
35 - between Heerstr. E Gatowerstr. and Spandau Friedhof (via Altern Str., Aalemannufer)
54 - between Waldkrankenhaus and Spandau Aalemannufer (via Zoo, Zeppelinstr.)
56 - between Maxim.-Kolbe Str. and Zoologischer Garten (via Gatowerstr., Westerwaldstr.)
63 - between Am Omnibushof and Olympiastadion (via Melanchthonplatz, Hohenzollernring)
69 - between Am Omnibushof and S Bahnhof Staaken (via Sandstr., Paewesiner Weg)
80 - between Zoologischer Garten and S Bahnhof Staaken (via Zeppelinstr., Hohenzollernring)
91 - between Reimerweg and Waldkrankenhaus (via Lutonerstr., Platze)
92 - between Stadtgrenze and Spandau Freudstr. (via U Rathaus Spandau, Westerwaldstr.)
94 - between Heerstr. Gymnasium and Spandau Aalemannufer (via Lutonerstr., U Altstadt Spandau)
97 - between Heerstr. Gymnasium and Zoologischer Garten (via Wilhelmstr., Spandau Friedhof)

Night Lines:

5N - between Waldkrankenhaus and Seeburger Str. (via Zoo, Platze)
13N - between Stadtgrenze and U Rathaus Spandau (via Sandstr., Seeburgerstr.)
34N - between S Bahnhof Galenstr. and Olympiastadion (via U Altstadt Spandau, Falkenseer Chaussee).
97N - between Heerstr E Gatowerstr. and Zoologischer Garten (via U Rathaus Spandau, Spandau Friedhof).

Express Lines:

100 - between Stadtgrenze and Olympiastadion (via Am Omnibushof, U Rathaus Spandau, Platze)

Features:

* Many regular lines with different timetables (workdays, weekends, holidays, rush hours) & routes as well as express and night lines,
* New (real & fictional) destination points (e.g Zoologisher Garten, Waldkrankenhaus, Olympiastadion, Heestr. Gymnasium, Maxim.-Kolbe Str. and more),
* Full working IBIS system as well as rollband textures for new places with new linelist inside buses,
* No 92E anymore:
---- for morning services it's replaced by 31 (between Reimerweg and S Bahnhof Galenstr. via Baluschekweg and new Alternstr.)
---- for afternoon services it's replaced by 5 (between U Bahnhof Rathaus Spandau and Freudstr. via Zeppelinstr. and new area called Platze),
* Express line's services only by D92 buses (for AI/for user - free to choose ),
* Route helpers are clearly set and easy to see,
* Improvment of some original map's areas and created brand-new locations (e.g: Alternstr., Fabrik, Friedhof Spandau, Siegallee, Spielstr., Platze, Zoo and many more).

Because of the real size of Berlin, some created terminuses use real names but they are placed in not real distances/areas.
I've used them to keep the climate in game.

Videos:

Line 5
Line 13
Line 31
Line 54
Line 63
Line 94
Line 97N

That's all what can be described by words Posted Image
Feel free to give me your opinions and suggestions !

Very important !

1) All future updates, changes and fixes will be announced in first (this) post of this thread --> CLICK ME
2) If you have any problems or issues to discuss, please post in this topic --> CLICK ME
3) If you want to contact me, post there or send me an e-mail (included with map). I do not prefer forum's PM.
4) I speak only english, so please write using this language.
5) I will not answer about already explained issues.

My main objective is to bring you as much fun as you can take !
This map could be not perfect because I'm not professional creator Posted Image But I did my best to keep the very high level of original map.

Drive safe !

Cristian Skytter 8)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADDITIONAL FILES

Linelist in pdf file

Route Map updated 05/06/2011

Click here to download this file

Posted Image

Like Our Site?give us kudos to make our day!

Lian-Li PC PC-P80R, Intel Core i7 980X (OC44), GA-X58A-UD9, G.Skill 12GB Trident DDR3 RAM, 4 x ATI Radeon HD5970 2GB GDDR5 (xfire), 4 x G.Skill PHOENIX SSD - 240GB, Thermaltake Tough Power 1500W, Corsair Cooling Hydro H50, Zalman CNPS10X, Antec TriCool 120mm Fan, NZXT Sentry 2.5" TSDFC 

... and where is the Batman ?

#2 kopmania

kopmania
  • Registered
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:00 PM

This map is so great, but unfortinatly i cant play becouse my computer is so [sheeks-a-shambling-shocking-sheep!], so i have many freezing and jumping at some point..

#3 JayKae

JayKae
  • Topic Starter
  • Admin
  • 6,742 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:59 PM

I love this map, especially the Zoo area

Posted Image

Like Our Site?give us kudos to make our day!

Lian-Li PC PC-P80R, Intel Core i7 980X (OC44), GA-X58A-UD9, G.Skill 12GB Trident DDR3 RAM, 4 x ATI Radeon HD5970 2GB GDDR5 (xfire), 4 x G.Skill PHOENIX SSD - 240GB, Thermaltake Tough Power 1500W, Corsair Cooling Hydro H50, Zalman CNPS10X, Antec TriCool 120mm Fan, NZXT Sentry 2.5" TSDFC 

... and where is the Batman ?

#4 eportuguesas

eportuguesas
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:00 AM

Many lines :D

This game is the best :P

#5 DavidR.

DavidR.
  • Registered
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:24 AM

Many lines :D

This game is the best :P

I absolutely agree, it's the best fictional map around ;)

...well actually I like Tropical City as much too.

#6 eportuguesas

eportuguesas
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:42 AM

I absolutely agree, it's the best fictional map around ;)

...well actually I like Tropical City as much too.

Tropical City is nice too, but have some bugs to correct :)

#7 JunGRail

JunGRail
  • Banned
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Buses, trains, planes - Music Production, Touring, Music Business.

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:58 PM

Sorry to dig up an old post,

But lately, i've had textures not loading on certain cars, the next bus display, some cars are white and some are transparent? Anyone know what that could be? It works superb at 2AM as i run it on real time.

Cheers

#8 EirikhO

EirikhO
  • Registered
  • 801 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:23 AM

The map is large and requires a lot of power. I have these problems myself, the easiest solution is to turn down stuff like AI cars/peds and texture quality.

esuszk.png

#9 Mr Drive

Mr Drive
  • OMSI Staff
  • 4,505 posts
  • Interests:Omsi, Jazzmusic, Nice Girls, Cats, Buses, Trams, Trains, Food, Wine tasting, Whiskey, Recording and mixing, Star Trek (all series) and the meaning of life!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:39 AM

Sorry to dig up an old post,

But lately, i've had textures not loading on certain cars, the next bus display, some cars are white and some are transparent? Anyone know what that could be? It works superb at 2AM as i run it on real time.

Cheers

Increase your texture memory:

Posted Image

Of courae not beyond the size of your RAM.

Edited by Mr Drive, 28 October 2011 - 01:40 AM.

#10 tos

tos
  • Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:11 AM

I also have a problem:
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#11 JunGRail

JunGRail
  • Banned
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:14 AM

Thanks Mr Drive! - I have 8GB RAM DDR 2, that probably explains the resetting of the GFX driver, the texture goes up to 706 max on certain maps.

Will try that later tonight, cheers bro

#12 JunGRail

JunGRail
  • Banned
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

The map is large and requires a lot of power. I have these problems myself, the easiest solution is to turn down stuff like AI cars/peds and texture quality.

I have more than enough CPU headroom, GFX is alright, but the texture fill rate of a newer card will improve things greatly, also if it can read and write data using a quicker clock speed, along with adequate memory bandwidth, but thanks to Mr Drive - i'll give that extra memory a go. I think this map, just has a lot of routes which converge with each other which can cause the bottleneck.

:)

#13 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Registered
  • 644 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

Yea i also have some memory problems on this map and i have a very powerful pc Intel7 2600K 3.40 Ghz with 8Gb ram GTX580 with aftermarked fans, win7pro64bits, 11 fans etc... i can run all games on max 1920x1080HD ressolution on a 24inch alienware 3d monitor
also have the problem sometimes white cars...should i increase the memory texture beyond 1gb?

I noticed i get more problem when using the Mb405 (Specialy the first version) then i often get error for example if i load a mb405 then try to load another mb405.
dont have this problem on other maps.

If someone could post a screenshot of their perfect AI and texture settings for the most powerful PC and graphics that would be great.
Berlin 1.4 is one of the greatest map but right now i playing Newcastle pro a lot and dont have those problem with it only with berlin 1.4

Edited by Gilgamesh, 18 November 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#14 Thiago

Thiago
  • OMSI Staff
  • 4,160 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:02 PM

Yes mate, problems seem to be more capable of happening when using the O405. I believe that it is due to the 3D model: it is very heavy.
OMSI also has a great issue when handling the memory. To avoid white cars, you can try to increase the max. texture memory size.
My PC is not high-end but you can try to decrease the number of Scheduled vehicles and see if this errors go away.
AI Human count also seem to overload the processor sometimes. I recommend using it at the default value

OZx OMSI Wiki | Forum Rules

Temporarily out from OMSI development.

supporter_banner1.png

#15 Zulnex

Zulnex
  • Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

Yes mate, problems seem to be more capable of happening when using the O405. I believe that it is due to the 3D model: it is very heavy.
OMSI also has a great issue when handling the memory. To avoid white cars, you can try to increase the max. texture memory size.
My PC is not high-end but you can try to decrease the number of Scheduled vehicles and see if this errors go away.
AI Human count also seem to overload the processor sometimes. I recommend using it at the default value

I agree with Thiago.
Having an old pc (2005), I have reduced the amount of cars to 45 and the number of people to 80. Schedule priority is also important so I have set it at 2.
Loving the map by the way. Cristian did a splendid job.Posted Image

Edited by Neven, 22 November 2011 - 11:12 AM.

#16 Necronomicron

Necronomicron
  • Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

I have a problem with route 54. There are only 2 tours: 2 & 3 those contain only some stupid 5-minutes routes like Brunsbütteler-Wroehmaennerpark. But there is no route Aalemannufer-Waldkrankenhaus, although I saw video on youtube with this correct route. I tried to set weekdays & holidays, morning, noon, evening, night... What's the problem? :/

Edited by Necronomicron, 27 January 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#17 gazz

gazz
  • Registered
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Building an SD202/D92 cab replica using mostly real parts.
    Also building a wittenberger steuerwagen train cab, using all real train parts from Germany.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:47 PM

omsi just isnt very good on modern pc's it seems,

i have an i5 2500k, running at 4.5 gig, 8 gig DDR3, HD5870 gfx with 1 gig gddr, runnin win7 ultimate, and i still have to back off some sliders,

225 ai cars seems to be my sweet spot, something like 400 peds, the sceduled vehicles slider is in the middle, particle emitter at 250,
reflections on economy (full is nice, but it does take a lot more power in certian parts of the map) view 1km and so on.

i also have the gfx card's settings on max for everything in the catalyst manager when omsi is runing, doing that made a large improvement to the smoothness of the maps, as well as making everything look sooooo good, only 'prob' i have is flat objects have moving lines/artifacts as you move past them, mostly the bus stop signs, not sure which setting in the gfx card i need to alter to stop that.

it's just a shame omsi can't utilise more than 1 core of the cpu, would be good if it could do the reflections processing in another core, the ai scedules etc in another and so on, (thats prolly not how it works at all mind)

But we can all hope that marcel and rudi are working on an omsi core update as well as the bendy buses they are modeling..... i believe they said an update would be needed to handle the bendyness properly,

#18 eamons85

eamons85
  • Banned
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:all things bus related really

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:43 AM

Hi Guys, I seem to be missing some objects on the map, when doing the route 97 and at the end were im driving down the road to the gymnasium terminus the place is empty no houses just the big buildings at the end of the road....when its loading its not giving me any warnings or telling me something is missing, but when it loads they are gone...any ideas??
Thanks
Posted Image

#19 Horace Chan

Horace Chan
  • Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

I have ended up worse with mine still start up with the Integeruberlauf error

#20 justinxfan

justinxfan
  • Registered
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Transportation, and simulator games.

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

On the first time when I started the map, I selected load map without buses and then after a while, something came up that said "Integerüberlauf". When I tried to start it up again, it said "Omnibussimulator is not responding". Can somebody help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users