Bungo

Want to Develop an Airport and use OZx Developers Image and Source Library?

3 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Announcing the OZx Developers Model and Texture Library.

To assist in the collection of photos and textures to create OZx airfields, aircraft, and sceneries we have made an upload section available to anyone who registers to log into the library. This will be a temporary staging point for any texture or airfield photos you might have that will help the OZx developers work their craft.

Once uploaded, 'Admins' (just me at the moment) will move your submissions to a relevant folder.

Make an album with your dev tag or forum nickname, and sub-albums under that to group the content into logical arrangements. Be descriptive with each image you put in. If all the images have is the DSC12345.jpg style numbers that the camera gives the image, I *might* just delete them as irrelevant, or if you are unlucky, I'll give them names of what I *think* they are, rightly or wrongly.

By submitting photos, you agree for them to be used by OZx developers in the preparation of OZx scenery without further explicit permission being asked.

I have found the 'Gallery Remote' Java application to be the easiest one to use. You will need to give it your gallery login details, and tell it where our server is (as above). Make sure that in the Options menu->Preferences->Upload section you have 'Pre-set captions with metadata caption' selected. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://aussiex.org/developers_library/">http://aussiex.org/developers_library/</a><!-- m --> is the Gallery URL, and your password when you registered in Gallery is the password (*not* your forum password). Gallery type is 'standalone'

If using the 'from Web Browser' interface in Gallery, make sure you have 'Set item titles from: Caption', 'Assign caption to: Summary', and optionally to 'Description' selected. These will reset every time you do an upload, so change them every time.

Obviously, for any upload option, Make sure you type in a caption for each photo!!

There is also an area for Airshow photos as well, so submit them too.

You won't actually see much if you don't register, so register and log in to see what's there.

Let me know if there are any issues, as I'm still comming to grips with gallery's permissions system.

cheers

Bungo

Have a Favourite Airfield You Want to See in OzX ?

Got a digital Camera? Read on

Whilst aerial images are a great basis for an airfield, there is nothing like on-the ground photos to really make things happen.

We can't be everywhere, but you are.

We want your photos, and in particular we want you to go out and take photos.

What we need:

Really almost anything is useful, but:

1. Context shots - showing where things are - to correlate with aerial/satellite images

2. 4-Sided elevations - there are "Straight-on" shots of each side of buildings and objects at the airfield, especially air-side

• Close to straight on is ok
  • Unimpeded view is best but not imperative
  • If you can only get 3 sides, that's good too but 4 is better - and extra points if you can get roof textures!
  • Hi-Res is great (and the higher the better - within reason)

3. Aerial Imagery - to be useful this really needs to be top-down / vertical imagery. If you have access to imagery or anything you are able to contribute that we can use for scenery creation we'd love to have it.

What do you need to do?

1. Get over to the Ozx Image and Source Library which has been set up by Bungo, and register.

2. Charge your digital camera batteries

3. Get in the car and drive to that airfield and get snapping.

Not sure what to do? Ask.

(Note: Please ask permission to take photos. My experience at small fields is that if you tell people what it is for, they are a little bemused at first, then very helpful. Controlled airports may require more formal permission.)