- - - - -

Cowell ready for testing!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 kman

kman
  • Registered
  • 1,610 posts
  • Interests:apart from flying, fly fishing, virtual sailing, repaints, would love to learn how to create some of these incredable freeware airports

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:30 PM

Hi Alex, your link at 4share doesn't work.
cheers

#22 AlexDz

AlexDz
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:17 PM

Hi Alex, your link at 4share doesn't work.
cheers

Yeah, I deleted that link cause apparently it was confusing based off of my file names.

I gave jgrugshow (spelling that off of memory, bear with me) a link to my folder to post, and I believe he'll post the link to the folder {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif.

#23 jgruschow

jgruschow
  • OZx Scenery Tester
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:OZX

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:34 AM

This is a better effort.
But, get rid of one windsock.
Add some runway markers. Threshhold and lateral.
Straighten your tarmac sides. Get rid of the zig-zags

Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 AlexDz

AlexDz
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:44 AM

This is a better effort.
But, get rid of one windsock.
Add some runway markers. Threshhold and lateral.
Straighten your tarmac sides. Get rid of the zig-zags

Posted Image

It looks kind of awkward just being a square.

And I fixed those windsocks.

Check the updated scenery, I just uploaded the update {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif.

I'll fix the tarmac and add runway markers right away.

#25 jgruschow

jgruschow
  • OZx Scenery Tester
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:21 AM

Didn't I tell you yesterday. ONE FOLDER!. Why do I now get Cowell1.zip?

Everything into Cowell. Get rid of Cowell1
Posted Image

#26 AlexDz

AlexDz
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:25 AM

Didn't I tell you yesterday. ONE FOLDER!. Why do I now get Cowell1.zip?

Everything into Cowell. Get rid of Cowell1

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I updated the files in the folder, but you probably had a folder that was already named cowell, so that's why.

Go check the 4shared again, I deleted the old one and replaced it with the new one... again.

Guess I shouldn't use the "update" feature?

#27 Uhu_Fledermaus

Uhu_Fledermaus
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:02 AM

Just for informational purposes,

we use a "fixed" filestructure this to avoid misunderstandings and messups.

See the attached screenie as to how they should look,
all files submitted should be in that structure,
if they are not they will be refused to be added to the build,
for the very simple reason that I do not have the time to play detective for missing or "misplaced" files.

Attached Images

• test_041.jpg

Cheers,
Wolter
Posted Image
Posted Image
i7 2600K @ 4.7G | Asus P8Z68 deluxe | Corsair Hydro H100 | Mushkin Redline 8G DDR3 @ 1600MHz CL7 | Gainward GTX580 Phanthom3 | 280.26 WHQL drivers | 1x Vertex 3 120G | 1x Velociraptor 600G | 3x WD 500G | CM Pro Gold 1000W | CM HAF-X | Iiyama ProLite E2409HDS 24" 1920x1080x32 + HP w2228h 22" 1680x1050x32 | W7 pro SP1 x64 EN | fsX+Acc+FTX+OZx+REX2.0 OD

#28 AlexDz

AlexDz
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:07 AM

I'm aware of the filenaming structure, but I did label my scenery like this:

DUR_YCWL_PR
DUR_YCWL_CVX
DUR_YCWL_ADE

and such, and then put it in a folder named Cowell, and of course, right now, I'm trying to make it simple, so they just plug in the files and go, and I am planning to put them in the way they'll go for the final copy once I get approval from others, first, since it isn't officially in OZx yet.

#29 markwlee

markwlee
  • OZx Lead Developer
  • 2,411 posts
  • Interests:Bicycles, Airplanes and _ _ _ (how many letters in FOOD?)

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:29 AM

*ADE.bgl should be *AFX.bgl
Posted Image Regards, Mark
OZx_AUS/NA Ant's All 3032 5862 10958 18583 PNW YMML YWVA YJKT YSCH YPEC YCNK YSTW YHBA 3W5 WA56 [email protected]/2gBCorsairDDR2/Raid0/ATI4890OC/22"Samsung/Antec900w650W/SaitekYokeQuad/CHpedalsFighterstickQuad/TIR4/XFi/THX5500

#30 AlexDz

AlexDz
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:33 AM

*ADE.bgl should be *AFX.bgl

Roger mate {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif.

Runway markers... Like the 4-22 signs ? Or something else?

And Threshold/lateral? Please explain to me a bit more.

I put some of the 4-22 and the correct runways there already, in their correct places, but I'm wondering if that is what you meant, Jgruschow.

#31 jgruschow

jgruschow
  • OZx Scenery Tester
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:37 AM

This is a sample of what markers should look like

Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Meatycus

Meatycus
  • Registered
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:07 AM

so we submit files the way Wolter wants or the way Jack wants?

??

#33 jgruschow

jgruschow
  • OZx Scenery Tester
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:26 AM

so we submit files the way Wolter wants or the way Jack wants?

??

No difference Tim. I'm talking about folders submitted for testing.. Just trying to get him to do the same things you and the others are doing.. Remembed Alex is not a developer yet, but he's learning fast
Posted Image

#34 Suburpy

Suburpy
  • Registered
  • 954 posts
  • Interests:Go the Crows

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:18 PM

We all learn every day - and I never get the filenaming right, but I do try {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_redface.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_redface.gif . I am gonna go print out eh filenaming convention and pin it to the wall above my computer {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_idea.gif
Posted Image

#35 AlexDz

AlexDz
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:32 AM

Ok, well, I did a few more things (added some markers) to the strip today, I won't upload it to 4shared as I am really busy, got around 4 tests this week, 3 of them in high school credit courses.

#36 AlexDz

AlexDz
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:16 AM

Crap, apparently I didn't add markers the right way, and they never appeared in the first place o.O.

Anyone know the name of the markers that Jgruschow posted in the library objects?

#37 AlexDz

AlexDz
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:26 AM

Crap, apparently I didn't add markers the right way, and they never appeared in the first place o.O.

Anyone know the name of the markers that Jgruschow posted in the library objects?

Just gonna bump this so it pops up as new, since I'm really not able to work on it until I find the marker ID's :S.

#38 markwlee

markwlee
  • OZx Lead Developer
  • 2,411 posts
  • Interests:Bicycles, Airplanes and _ _ _ (how many letters in FOOD?)

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:06 AM

Gable markers are in an mwl lib and a royals lib (the royals ones show a little late)
The mwl libs have associated txt files which list GUIDs and Friendly Names (I think)
e.g. "mwl_FSX_lib1.txt":

32B405424E98146A017EC0987CE58C0A Gable_M

I don't know if that's what you need.
Posted Image Regards, Mark
OZx_AUS/NA Ant's All 3032 5862 10958 18583 PNW YMML YWVA YJKT YSCH YPEC YCNK YSTW YHBA 3W5 WA56 [email protected]/2gBCorsairDDR2/Raid0/ATI4890OC/22"Samsung/Antec900w650W/SaitekYokeQuad/CHpedalsFighterstickQuad/TIR4/XFi/THX5500

#39 Suburpy

Suburpy
  • Registered
  • 954 posts
  • Interests:Go the Crows

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:40 PM

Alex there are lots of libraries with many different types of runway markers. The runway tyres Jgrushcow posted are in the MWL library 5. But i doubt that the cowell aerodorome uses these as runway markers, they are more for little country strips that the farmer painted his own tyres white (probably to avoid disposing of the tyres). You need to think -- saying you cant do anything until you find these and then bumping the post, mate we are not going to do it for you. Import the libraries into sbuilder place them at a test spot and see what they are in the sim. write down the guid if neccessary so you remember it. I downloaded the free trial version of IS, and placed them using that so i could match the names to the models in sbuilder. couldnt use IS to actually make scenery but could print out the screen shot with IS running (in test zone) that then told me the freindly names of each model at least, which i could then find in the imported libraries in sbuilder - tedious yes, but far out I kept at this for a fair while (read 6 months) before I even thought of posting on the forums, then i spent probably another three before I submitted my first project (which went ok, but I could see so much now that i could have done better). You gotta try and nut it out , can't help you much more than that.

Cheers
Jerry
Posted Image

#40 AlexDz

AlexDz
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:53 PM

Alex there are lots of libraries with many different types of runway markers. The runway tyres Jgrushcow posted are in the MWL library 5. But i doubt that the cowell aerodorome uses these as runway markers, they are more for little country strips that the farmer painted his own tyres white (probably to avoid disposing of the tyres). You need to think -- saying you cant do anything until you find these and then bumping the post, mate we are not going to do it for you. Import the libraries into sbuilder place them at a test spot and see what they are in the sim. write down the guid if neccessary so you remember it. I downloaded the free trial version of IS, and placed them using that so i could match the names to the models in sbuilder. couldnt use IS to actually make scenery but could print out the screen shot with IS running (in test zone) that then told me the freindly names of each model at least, which i could then find in the imported libraries in sbuilder - tedious yes, but far out I kept at this for a fair while (read 6 months) before I even thought of posting on the forums, then i spent probably another three before I submitted my first project (which went ok, but I could see so much now that i could have done better). You gotta try and nut it out , can't help you much more than that.

Cheers
Jerry

Yeah, things like this hit me right after I do them, and I never thought of using the IS demo {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif.

Right now I feel lightheaded (LSU tigers), and I'm just going to work all day today, I'll dig up photos of the airfield and such, and on monday night expect a new file, that'll be better but not done, but it'll have a breathshot to be seen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users