Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlexDz

Cowell ready for testing!

50 posts in this topic

Didn't I tell you yesterday. ONE FOLDER!. Why do I now get Cowell1.zip?

Everything into Cowell. Get rid of Cowell1

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I updated the files in the folder, but you probably had a folder that was already named cowell, so that's why.

Go check the 4shared again, I deleted the old one and replaced it with the new one... again.

Guess I shouldn't use the "update" feature?

Just for informational purposes,

we use a "fixed" filestructure this to avoid misunderstandings and messups.

See the attached screenie as to how they should look,

all files submitted should be in that structure,

if they are not they will be refused to be added to the build,

for the very simple reason that I do not have the time to play detective for missing or "misplaced" files.

post-18-1223240558.jpg

I'm aware of the filenaming structure, but I did label my scenery like this:

DUR_YCWL_PR

DUR_YCWL_CVX

DUR_YCWL_ADE

and such, and then put it in a folder named Cowell, and of course, right now, I'm trying to make it simple, so they just plug in the files and go, and I am planning to put them in the way they'll go for the final copy once I get approval from others, first, since it isn't officially in OZx yet.

*ADE.bgl should be *AFX.bgl

*ADE.bgl should be *AFX.bgl

Roger mate icon_e_smile.gif.

Runway markers... Like the 4-22 signs ? Or something else?

And Threshold/lateral? Please explain to me a bit more.

I put some of the 4-22 and the correct runways there already, in their correct places, but I'm wondering if that is what you meant, Jgruschow.

so we submit files the way Wolter wants or the way Jack wants?

??

No difference Tim. I'm talking about folders submitted for testing.. Just trying to get him to do the same things you and the others are doing.. Remembed Alex is not a developer yet, but he's learning fast

We all learn every day - and I never get the filenaming right, but I do try icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif . I am gonna go print out eh filenaming convention and pin it to the wall above my computer icon_idea.gif

Ok, well, I did a few more things (added some markers) to the strip today, I won't upload it to 4shared as I am really busy, got around 4 tests this week, 3 of them in high school credit courses.

Crap, apparently I didn't add markers the right way, and they never appeared in the first place o.O.

Anyone know the name of the markers that Jgruschow posted in the library objects?

Crap, apparently I didn't add markers the right way, and they never appeared in the first place o.O.

Anyone know the name of the markers that Jgruschow posted in the library objects?

Just gonna bump this so it pops up as new, since I'm really not able to work on it until I find the marker ID's :S.

Gable markers are in an mwl lib and a royals lib (the royals ones show a little late)

The mwl libs have associated txt files which list GUIDs and Friendly Names (I think)

e.g. "mwl_FSX_lib1.txt":

32B405424E98146A017EC0987CE58C0A Gable_M

I don't know if that's what you need.

Alex there are lots of libraries with many different types of runway markers. The runway tyres Jgrushcow posted are in the MWL library 5. But i doubt that the cowell aerodorome uses these as runway markers, they are more for little country strips that the farmer painted his own tyres white (probably to avoid disposing of the tyres). You need to think -- saying you cant do anything until you find these and then bumping the post, mate we are not going to do it for you. Import the libraries into sbuilder place them at a test spot and see what they are in the sim. write down the guid if neccessary so you remember it. I downloaded the free trial version of IS, and placed them using that so i could match the names to the models in sbuilder. couldnt use IS to actually make scenery but could print out the screen shot with IS running (in test zone) that then told me the freindly names of each model at least, which i could then find in the imported libraries in sbuilder - tedious yes, but far out I kept at this for a fair while (read 6 months) before I even thought of posting on the forums, then i spent probably another three before I submitted my first project (which went ok, but I could see so much now that i could have done better). You gotta try and nut it out , can't help you much more than that.

Cheers

Jerry

Alex there are lots of libraries with many different types of runway markers. The runway tyres Jgrushcow posted are in the MWL library 5. But i doubt that the cowell aerodorome uses these as runway markers, they are more for little country strips that the farmer painted his own tyres white (probably to avoid disposing of the tyres). You need to think -- saying you cant do anything until you find these and then bumping the post, mate we are not going to do it for you. Import the libraries into sbuilder place them at a test spot and see what they are in the sim. write down the guid if neccessary so you remember it. I downloaded the free trial version of IS, and placed them using that so i could match the names to the models in sbuilder. couldnt use IS to actually make scenery but could print out the screen shot with IS running (in test zone) that then told me the freindly names of each model at least, which i could then find in the imported libraries in sbuilder - tedious yes, but far out I kept at this for a fair while (read 6 months) before I even thought of posting on the forums, then i spent probably another three before I submitted my first project (which went ok, but I could see so much now that i could have done better). You gotta try and nut it out , can't help you much more than that.

Cheers

Jerry

Yeah, things like this hit me right after I do them, and I never thought of using the IS demo icon_e_smile.gif.

Right now I feel lightheaded (LSU tigers), and I'm just going to work all day today, I'll dig up photos of the airfield and such, and on monday night expect a new file, that'll be better but not done, but it'll have a breathshot to be seen.

OK. I see them now. The buildings are well placed, but an "extremely dense" setting was needed to see them. The screenie was taken at "dense" which should show evrything. Remember a lot of people have computers not able to handle extremely dense settings.

Your windsock does nothing. It should respond to all wind settings.

Apart from that I think you are just about right for release.

OK. I see them now. The buildings are well placed, but an "extremely dense" setting was needed to see them. The screenie was taken at "dense" which should show evrything. Remember a lot of people have computers not able to handle extremely dense settings.

I'll set it to "Dense" and do a diff windsock, thanks icon_e_smile.gif.

Hi Alex

Autogen is such a variable thing. Probably best to place key buildings as "Scenery" rather than autogen - especially if standing alone. The same tends to apply for trees too.

Hi Alex

Autogen is such a variable thing. Probably best to place key buildings as "Scenery" rather than autogen - especially if standing alone. The same tends to apply for trees too.

Again, this is a trouble I'm having using the current object placer (ADE), I'm getting Instant Scenery within a week though, as progress reports are coming out and good grades = pay >: ).

EDIT:

Also, if anyone has dl'd the latest version, please remove it until I post a new one tonight on my 4shared (It'll be up there by tonight, I'm re-doing some stuff) as I used a wrong library and am fixing it up currently.

Check my 4shared for the files, and I included a "Source" folder with my .sbp and .ade files if there are any miniscule things left out.

If you want a higher compression image (this one is currently at 85, I can set it to 90 if needed), tell me then icon_e_biggrin.gif.

Hope this is good enough for y'all (if not, then, umm, yeah, let me know smile.gif ).

Hi Alex,

The sheds are some big footprints, and I've tried to stick objects you already have, but might have used some not in wide release (yet)

Have had to scale up some exisitn ghangars and some of kens sheds - but better than an empty footprint.

The files you posted didn't seem to have the agn files - not sure what happened there.

DUR_YCWL_PLC.zip