Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Anthony31

Christmas present

Have you been naughty or nice this year?

If you've been good then you can download this little Christmas present I made for you especially!

http://antsairplanes.com/downloads/aa11YWSG.zip

The download is about 52MB in size.

Inside you will find about 20sq km of photoreal ground textures around Watts Bridge Memorial airfield. Watts Bridge is about 70km NW of Brisbane, QLD Australia and as with most of my scenery I recommend that you have FTX Australia installed.

The airfield itself has about 30 hangars which I've made based on photos sent to me by Patrick who hangars his airplane at Watts Bridge. There are 3 grass runways, 12/30 is a parallel runway although the northern runway is usually only used by gliders and gyros. Be sure to exit the runways between the yellow cones as there is a drainage ditch running alongside the runways.

Watts Bridge is a busy little airfield/airpark with a couple of clubhouses as well as fuel available. You will notice that some of the hangars have accomodation attached.

As a super duper christmas special there are two additional private airstrips included in the photoreal area and they both lie about 2km west of the airfield itself. Watch out for some pretty tricky powerline placements on the small strips.

BTW for the grumpy old farts, I know there is a Watts Bridge in OZx done by Mark but as that uses generic objects I have made this more accurate version.

Finally, here are some pics:

915Preview10.jpg

263Preview11.jpg

813Preview12.jpg

231Preview13.jpg

837Preview14.jpg

240Preview16.jpg

383Preview17.jpg

Merry Christmas to you too Ant, looks great, I'm sure the boys will love it

:beerchug:

Ken

Merry Christmas to you and your family Ant. Looks brilliant from the screenies - thank you for your gift and all the other goodies you have provided us with.

Cheers Tony

Thanks Ant for your kind wishes and the present . a very merry xmas to you and yours and a very prosperous new year.

Guest johny123

Thanks Ant for your kind wishes and the present . a very merry xmas to you and yours and a very prosperous new year.

+1

Ant,

Downloaded and installed..... fabulous

Thank you so much for this little surprise :hyper::hyper:

About to load an online and fly the tiger... really is an "ANTS CHRISTMAS"

Cheers mate. and a happy Xmas to you and yours !!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

TonyM

Thanks Ant for your generous gifts to the flight sim community ... what a year it's been ... top stuff!

Cheers :beerchug:

Pete.

Wow... I've been naughty but I'll still take the present! Hehehe... love your work Anthony. Thanks very much and I wish you and your family seasons greetings.

I hope over the holidays you joins us on a MP flight, we may be doing one to Watts Bridge. :)

Cheers

Butch

Just got back from 3 weeks away and am catching up - what a great catch up surprise - thanks heaps ant - your work as always is hugely appreciated.

Cheers

What a beaut !

That's a wonderful Christmas present !

It will take time to explore it : all those details, like powerlines making curves (use of a vector drawing program, I suppose)

Many, many thanks !

If you could get back one tenth of the pleasure you give you'll have the best Christmas in the world :beerchug::applause::sorcerer:

I'm loving the scenery at Watts Bridge, but I have observed something odd about the AI that came with the airfield. There's a Cherokee that has been attempting touch 'n gos on an imaginary strip at about 2500 ft, and going around forever when it can't touch. Has anyone else seen it, or is it just my setup?

ottor