Photo
- - - - -

How to add scenery to FSX with Windows 7.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 squeeker

squeeker
  • Registered
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:46 AM

It seems to be a common issue when trying to load in a new piece of scenery in to FSX with Windows 7, that the logical way of selecting and clicking things does not work.

It has been covered here in the forums before, but I thought I'd post a more or less "definitive" guide. This is a cut'n'paste of a reply that I gave on the OZx forum in this thread: http://aussiex.org/f...?showtopic=4236 This guide is also posted on the ORBX fora here: http://orbxsystems.c...p?topic=15818.0

I have used a piece of scenery that I am working on (Parkes Observatory) as an example. Just substitute the scenery you want to add in its place. Just ignore the other scenery entries in my screengrabs.

Directions:

1. Open the "scenery library" box from within FSX

2. Left click on "Add Area":
Posted Image

3. Navigate to the scenery folder that you wish to add. Left-click once on the scenery folder that you wish to add:
Posted Image

4. When the correct area is highlighted, Click 'OK":
Posted Image

5. You should be taken to the next screen. Then click anywhere within the white portion of the box:
Posted Image

6. You should be spat back to this dialogue box with th new scenery at the top of the list:
Posted Image

Then just click "OK" and the scenery should be loaded into the sim.

Hope that helps. Steve.

[EDIT: Hcornea]

A User submitted Video in German that also explains how to do this can be downloaded HERE

Here is Bill Womack's video tutorial in English (Thanks Aidan for the link)
:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8kO1IsJMuE
Posted Image

#2 flymba

flymba
  • Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:43 AM

this is the only helpful answer i found in 3 days! thank you!

#3 level135

level135
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:15 AM

very usefull

Thank you to

#4 Mad40

Mad40
  • Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

Thankyou for this VERY helpfull post.

#5 eno

eno
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:05 PM

I've attempted to use this solution .......... however it doesnt work for everyone ...... ie ME. The only foolproof way of getting the scenery to work is the rather tedious method of cutting and pasting the scenery and texture files into the relevent Addon Scenery folders.

#6 eno

eno
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:50 PM

I've attempted to use this solution .......... however it doesnt work for everyone ...... ie ME. The only foolproof way of getting the scenery to work is the rather tedious method of cutting and pasting the scenery and texture files into the relevent Addon Scenery folders.

That was yesterdays alternative solution ........... since then I've tried another method ....... Much the same as the original posted by squeeker however with a slight modification.

Follow all the steps but instead of LEFT clicking in the white area ........ click ok then RIGHT click in the white area ...... bingo ..... it works.

#7 Mojave

Mojave
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:47 PM

I should have been reading this forum long ago. I just happened upon this thread. I've always had trouble with adding scenery in Windows 7 and here is the answer, plain and simple. Thanks!

#8 AChristoff

AChristoff
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

This worked great for me too - using FS9 with a recent Windows 7 clean install.

Alex Christoff
Baltimore, MD

Alex Christoff

Baltimore, MD

#9 chirp65

chirp65
  • Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:45 AM

Thank YOU! That was all truly helpful.

Windows 7 H.P. 64bit /FSX Deluxe Gold w/Accl Pack

Asrock Z 77 Extreme4 /RAM: Crucial (2x8) 16GB /700W PSU /Intel i7 2600K /Radeon HD 7850PE /CPU cooling: Swiftech H220 CLS, (4) 120mm fans push/pull config)  /OS drive: Samsung 840 Evo 500Gb /FSX Main Program drive, (dedicated): Plextor M5 Pro 256GB SSD /All other program software & support drive: 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD /FSX related programs:  1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD /“Misc.” Drive: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

(MANY FTX, UTX, GEX, ST, REX, Meshes, High-Res add-on Aircraft, utilities, etc.)

Nemith choppers include My most recent; the EC-135 (PC Aviator Order id: #133554).

I also have the CH53E, CH54A, MIL MI-24 Hind, SA-2, MD-902, (I will have to look up the PO's and Seller for those and then I'll list them here),

#10 Timmy74

Timmy74
  • OZx Developer
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:51 AM

This little tip is FANTASTIC and a great life saver!!!

My hair is naturally falling out, but until i read this it was getting even shorter.....

Thanks squeeker. YOU ROCK!!! :motorsyko:

Timmy....... :thumbsup:

#11 OLD flyboy

OLD flyboy
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

Many,Many thanks for this thread. I spent an hour or more over the last two days trying to install an openVFR scenery. It took 30 seconds after reading this thread.
Neal Howard

#12 Rob Mueller

Rob Mueller
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

I notice there is a folder called Parkes Observatory in the 2nd screenshot. Where can I get this scenery addon, or is it already included in the OZx scenery?

#13 flight3564

flight3564
  • Registered
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:wood work and flightsim

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

This is fantastic I might even start growing my hair back  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users