YNAU Nannup & YPLP PerthLangleyPark

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 shedman51

shedman51
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:3D modelling, textures and airfield design.

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:42 PM

Thanks Steve, I've got them and made a start. The problem I had was that the GE background tile from SBX was only 1280 pixels wide and 92 dpi so I was compressing everything right from the start. I've tripled the size of the background for my working file and now nothing should compress until I do the first compile in SBX.

#22 Guest_hcornea_*

Guest_hcornea_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:57 PM

Always get the highest res image you can (unless it is jus too big)

You can't upscale an image, but you can downscale, and downsampling always looks better.

The only downsize is marginally longer compile times, but really, for this size imag .. I don;t think that's a problem.

#23 shedman51

shedman51
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:3D modelling, textures and airfield design.

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for all the advice and I'm pretty much going back to square one and re-working everything. Mark has made the comment that my modells look like FS2002 so I've uploaded the zipfile again with a testfield and just the models. If it's OK, I wouldn't mind if you had a look at them and offered some suggestions. Am I condensing the textures too much and losing the detail? Are there any particular models that need more modelling detail? There is an email address in the textfile or you can PM me.
If you go to WA Testfield and start from runway 10, LIB1 is on the left and LIB2 is on the right.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users