Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

WayPoint

To The Designers

Question

Dear Sirs

As I type this, I have been a member for exactly five minutes. :-)

I have downloaded your latest release and will be installing shortly.

The Taroom/Wandoan (Qld) inclusion in the latest release is very welcome, and I'm looking forward to doing some circuits here shortly. The airport is not too from my home town.

I live in Roma (YROM) Qld and if it is appropriate, may I offer support to the team if you are planning to add Roma at some future time. The airport is less than a 10 minute drive from my home and it would be my pleasure to assist with photos of hangers, domestic terminal, navaids etc or in just about any capacity that you may need.

Thankyou again - to everyone.

Best regards

Graham (WayPoint)

10 answers to this question

That would be great, Graham. I spent 3 weeks in Wandoan in May - hence the strips. Annotate your pics so I can tell where and what they are. Get them as square as possible, too.

That would be great, Graham. I spent 3 weeks in Wandoan in May - hence the strips. Annotate your pics so I can tell where and what they are. Get them as square as possible, too.

Hi Mark

You spent 3 weeks in Wandoan? Good grief!! :-)

Did you per chance come across a guy by the name of Kingsley H. ?

I haven't spoken to him for some time now - but last heard he was home building a Europa VH-CUA

He probably has that aircraft hangered at Wandoan.

In Roma, there's only 4 hangers here, plus the local aero club building and the domestic terminal.

So, some pictures of these taken from squarely in front can be done.

Do you need approx dimensions? and perhaps a diagram in plan view ?

Best Regards

WayPoint

(Graham YROM)

Guest hcornea

Hey Graham, Usually the dimensions are best taken from the aerial imagery (assuming that it is vaguely up to date)

The reason is that - because that forms the basis for the Photoreal background (the carpet, if you like) then, even if the dimensions are NQR - it will still fit together best that way.

4 sided shots are good. If you can get some standing a bit further back that get the roof at reasonable resolution, those are a bit of a bonus - as that is usually a diffiecult texture to get right.

Hi Graham

I didn't meet or hear of Kingsley and there're no hangars at Wandoan. There's one way down the W end of YTAM but I didn't look inside.

Square on from all 4 sides and annotated on to Google Earth pic. Rough dimensions would be great, too! Signs, mowers, anything you'd like to see - p/g it and locate it by number or name on the GE pic.

gallery_53_12_29631.jpg

Left Click to see it bigger

Right Click - Save Picture as...

Hey Graham, Usually the dimensions are best taken from the aerial imagery (assuming that it is vaguely up to date)

The reason is that - because that forms the basis for the Photoreal background (the carpet, if you like) then, even if the dimensions are NQR - it will still fit together best that way.

4 sided shots are good. If you can get some standing a bit further back that get the roof at reasonable resolution, those are a bit of a bonus - as that is usually a diffiecult texture to get right.

Ok then.

NQR = Not Quite Right ???

Will make a start on the 4 main hangers hopefully this coming weekend.

It has been a bit overcast & stormy for last few days.

Where is best place to send pictures? and dimensions etc...

Would they be best emailed to you or do you prefer posted to the forum.

Regards

Graham

Zipped up and linked from a free 4shared account would be great, thanks Graham.

Try

YCCA257024YMLS346009Miles town330033YWNN330008Fraser's Farm346011YTAM to get to know those strips in your area.

Hello Josh,

This is an extremely old Topic, there seemed to be some early interest from the OP that he would like to assist with photos for the possible development of YROM - Roma Qld   by an OZx Developer.  Offers were also made to Orbx but it seems family, health, and the business of life/work may have prevented this little project going forward.

I don't think it progressed much further in any case, there is no evidence of "YROM" in the OZx Complete package 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5, or in the other OZx scenery packages. The only reference to "Roma" is in Orbx AU landclass, where the default/stock airfield is in-place.

The stock YROM can be selected from the airfield selection in your sim, but unfortunately it appears very much still in a default state, albeit with surrounding  Orbx LC textures, it may be Orbx default enhanced but still default none-the-less.

277e9839237c14d17df0a5b974b716f9.jpg

Edited by Jethro-VH-JET