Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest hcornea

Corrupted Download? - Read Here

Question

The OzX2Go downloader is pretty robust, and has been used because of the number of problems people have had in the past.

It is not 100% bulletproof, so if you've had a corrupted download follow the folowing steps before attempting again.

1. Navigate to C:\Users\{username]\AppData\Roaming\GetRightToGo directory (where [username] is the Windows username that you are logged on with.
  2. Delete the Relevant Downloader information files (see here)

post-121-12558236587_thumb.jpg
  3. Empty your Internet Temporary Files Via your Browser

post-121-125582377549_thumb.jpg
  4. Follow the download link again and re-download and start the OzX2Go Installer

43 answers to this question

After reading this I decided to try another download of Ozx 3.0 on another WinXP computer (my previous downloads are documented in the Downloads section) another no go for me, this time my download stalled after downloading 2,237,799 of the 2,237,854 required and then a disconnection. The Aussieex site seemed to be down for a while but even when it came back on line there was no joy in trying to resume the download (download Link edited out by JayKae). After 9 - 10GB of download I think I'll give up.

Ray

That is strange, what download manager are you using for the direct link ?

Flashget

Ray

Hmmmm it should have just worked right out of the box. I don't know what Ian just PM'ed you but if you cannot work it out, I can give you another alternative link

Hmmmm it should have just worked right out of the box. I don't know what Ian just PM'ed you but if you cannot work it out, I can give you another alternative link

Jaykae,

Would certainly appreciate an alternative link, my last attempt has just broached my 20gb download limit for the month, however the new month starts tomorrow, so if the link is available I'll give it one more try.

Just for info, I have used Flashget for several years now and this is the first time that I have ever had a corrupted download on so many occasions.

Thanks Ray

You have mail, let me know how you get on with that

Jay,

Thanks for the link, however I couldn't get it to even start downloading http forbidden message. I uninstalled my Flashget and reinstalled the latest version on my Win7 computer and then tried downloading using the normal site, the download looked promising, reaching about 80% in an hour (500+kBs) and then for some strange reason it dropped from 80% completed to 68% and then fluffed around the 69% for 5 minutes until I terminated the download.

Thanks for your time and effort but I'll give it a miss for a while, might try again later.

Regards

Ray

*scratches head* Ok, well let me know when you are ready again I might see if I can get you another link

*scratches head* Ok, well let me know when you are ready again I might see if I can get you another link

Jay,

Something very strange has popped up, I went to my Win7 computer essentially to delete the download which had behaved quite strangely dropping from 80% to 68% and wavering on the 69% before I aborted the download, and as I was about to press the delete button I noticed that the partial zip size was 2185mb, since there was no preallocation of space I decided to check the zip.jc file. I used 7Zip to test the file and it detected no errors. I then used 7Zip to extract the files into a folder and lo and behold there was Part 1, Part 2 and a Readme file. I have not tried to install these yet but it looks as if my aborted download finished. The file sizes are Part 1 = 1,492,159KB; Part 2 = 746,126KB and the Readme 1KB. The zip file is still showing as OZx_AUS_v3.0.zip.jc.

How strange is that, I'll try to install tomorrow (Sunday) and keep you posted as to the results.

Regards

Ray

Ok cool, be interesting that is for sure

Jay,

Both Part 1 and Part 2 installed without a problem although I haven't used FSX since. But that's the strangest thing that I've come across in a long, long time. Anyway many thanks for all your help, also a big thanks to Ian.

Ray

The OzX2Go downloader is pretty robust, and has been used because of the number of problems people have had in the past.

It is not 100% bulletproof, so if you've had a corrupted download follow the folowing steps before attempting again.

1. Navigate to C:\Users\{username]\AppData\Roaming\GetRightToGo directory (where [username] is the Windows username that you are logged on with.
  2. Delete the Relevant Downloader information files (see here)

post-121-12558236587_thumb.jpg
  3. Empty your Internet Temporary Files Via your Browser

post-121-125582377549_thumb.jpg
  4. Follow the download link again and re-download and start the OzX2Go Installer

I have tried the procedure you recommend several times, however I am still having problems with a corrupted Grand Canyon KGCN V2 file, both in Winzip and 7Zip. Here is the 7Zip error log when I try to extract:

Extracting to "C:\Users\jim\Desktop\Grand_Canyon_KGCN_V2\"

Use Path: yes Overlay Files: yes

Extracting Grand_Canyon_KGCN_V2.exe

Error: invalid compressed data to inflate

I also get an "unsupported compression format" error.

Any further suggestions as to how I can remedy this? Is there a direct DL link that I can use instead of running the OZ installer?

Thank you for your help.

Jim

I have been giving these failed downloads a lot of thought and one question keeps popping up."How experienced are the would be downloaders?"

I'm a long way from being the brightest star in the sky and I very seldom read manuals or instructions. I NEVER clean temps before downloading. Yet I have never had a problem with downloads.

I must have downloaded V 3.0 seven or eight times from various sources and every one installed and worked without a problem. On the rare occasion when I have lost the connection my download manager (DAP) has picked it up and continued.

I suspect some of the problems may be caused by 7zip. I wish everyone would use winzip and leave these copycat programs alone. It would make life a lot simpler.

From the posts in the forums it seems that percentage wise, very few people have had problems. That should tell us something.

I have not heard from anyone who has been sent a disk complaining that it would not install. So it seems any problem is with the downloading. AND not at your end !

I have been giving these failed downloads a lot of thought and one question keeps popping up."How experienced are the would be downloaders?"

I'm a long way from being the brightest star in the sky and I very seldom read manuals or instructions. I NEVER clean temps before downloading. Yet I have never had a problem with downloads.

I must have downloaded V 3.0 seven or eight times from various sources and every one installed and worked without a problem. On the rare occasion when I have lost the connection my download manager (DAP) has picked it up and continued.

I suspect some of the problems may be caused by 7zip. I wish everyone would use winzip and leave these copycat programs alone. It would make life a lot simpler.

From the posts in the forums it seems that percentage wise, very few people have had problems. That should tell us something.

I have not heard from anyone who has been sent a disk complaining that it would not install. So it seems any problem is with the downloading. AND not at your end !

Just to clarify, I have and do use Winzip almost exclusively. I tried to open the file I downloaded with 7Zip after I had a corrupt error displayed by Winzip. I have also used WinRAR to "test" the file and it reports a CRC error. Incidentally, I have just completed downloading the Death Valley scenery file (1.1Gb +). Same problem!

I still don't have a clue as to what is causing the problem. This past year I have downloaded and installed over 80 Gb of scenery files for FSX. All zipped files. No problems.

I'm at a loss to continue.

The whole failed download thing is perplexing., The reason we "splashed out" and licensed OzX2Go was the inordinate number of Support Queries we had with the First Release of OzX

alcool.gif

I have just downloaded Grand Canyon KGCN onto my Laptop

It runs Vista32 Ultimate, User Account Control is off (it is always off -- because it is a follishly implemented annoyance -- but I digress)

I am on a Wireless-N connection behind a NAT wireless router, with SPI firewall. This computer doesn;t possess a software firewall.

1.60Mb/sec -- no hicoughs.

Here's the odd Bit ...

7Zip 9.07beta won't extract the file ... but the built-in Vista Zip support will.

I usually use 7Zip for everything ... but have only recently started using the beta 9.07 version.

Perhaps ... try the Windows shell extension. It is slow ... but it does work for KGCN GrandCanyon

Thanks for the hint. I'll try it. Also, I will try the whole drill on another friend's PC using XP.

Hope for joy on this.

Hi guys (Developers),

Last month I attemtped 7 downloads using up all of my usage ($89 worth) and the OZX forums are not able to help with this issue despite following all the instructions. Considering the cost of downloading 3Gig and the amount of failures out there costing followers like me alot of money, I have a fundraising suggestion for the developers ....... The supply of a DVD at say a $25 donation via Paypals would not only help fund the ongoing development of the fantastic OZX program, but make a lot of followers very very happy.

Please dont take this as an attack. It is an attempt at a resolution that would not only resolve download issues, but help fund your great program.

I sadly have had to give up on the program as I cannot afford to keep attempting failed downloads. A DVD is my only hope.

Ravemtech

Edited by Ravemtech

Thankyou for the kind words RavemTech.

It is a shame the team hasn;t been able to help you (I can't quite spot the request in your 4 posts attached to your username)

OzX, for various reasons, has to be unequivocally freeware - which means that not even a token amount can be charged for a DVD.

Your point is well taken, but the best I can suggest is that you post a request on the DVD swap forum, and someone nearby might be able to help you out.

As an aside - I have now downloaded the package no less than 6 times, onto various computers, and not had problems.

I am having problems too with downloading CFS3 ETO Expansion ( 1.0 and 1.20). I called Roadrunner from Brighthouse and we are trying to fix the problem. My browser is Internet Explorer 8. On both 1.0 and 1.20 I get messages that say the files are corrupted.....I will keep you posted . Thanks, Ed Burk

I too am having problems downloading the CFS3 ETO Expansion 1.0. I get the following error message in the box called "Error Coping File or Folder"....Cannot copy CFS3 ETO Expansion 1.0 Access denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use. Brighthouse Roadrunner in Florida say it is a compatibility issue. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ed Burk. [email protected]