26 posts in this topic

Posted

thumb-61ac5006f396037b53a20311f7dc57f3-tuscany.png

File Name: OZx Tuscany Complete

File Submitter: Maurizio G

File Submitted: 25 Sep 2009

File Category: OZx Scenery

1263633127.png

OZx is proud to release the new full version of Tuscany!

As in the previous version, where people had a sensation of full immersion in this new concept of photoreal, this upgrade wants to improve the autogen of the already covered area, adding anyway a new zone, Lucca and its environment.

The coast from Marina di Pisa to Lido di Camaiore has been fully implemented with the autogen, along as the wonderful area of Puccini lake. Inside the Apuan Alps (provided with mesh developed by Holger Sandmann), another fantastic lake, the late of Vagli, with its little city.

Beautiful landmark 3d objects have been added, we speak about the famous miracles' square in Pisa (developed by Dario Bortot) and an ancient castle, the castle of Malaspina, in Massa (developed by Loreno Venanti). The Isle of Elba and other cute islands are also availables here (developed by Antonio C.)

All the territory is perfect to be flown also at the sunset or in the night, a real experience with the well experimented true nightlights system. Fluidity and hi graphic details, a project by Maurizio G.

This release will be the base to cover the entire area with the autogen, and to develop completely in 3D the town of Lucca too (already in progress).

logo1.jpg

Click on the logo above to read the AVSIM review

Please download the manual from here while you are waiting for your download to come in.

Last version had 6223 downloads.

Posted

This looks great! I wonder if I'll be able to find the places where I spent my vacation 13 years ago. :D

Posted

I am pretty sure you will mate :)

Posted

1500+ downloads in 2 days... well done Maurizio and dare I say it... no support issues that I have seen anywhere

Posted

Great scenery of Tuscany and Elba - Many thanks to all of those who produced it. Many thanks also to JayKae for letting us download it from his site. Howard

Posted

I am very very happy Jay :) Many thanks to all the people who downloaded and enjoyed the scenery! It's for sure a good incentive to make even better!!! beerchug.gif Maybe our sceneries could win also some awards.... Take a look at this site...

http://www.vfrreviews.com/index.php?topic=234.0

I think that for our staff it would be really a big honour!!!!

Posted

I am glad you are happy mate :) Now, I think VFR Reviews was thinking of reviewing it, I will check :)

Posted

That is just stunning. Pure Stunning.

Posted

OK, VFR reviews will do a review of it and... I just wanted to extend a massive congrats to everyone involved, I have not seen a single support issue, anywhere, period.

Posted

A big thanks Jay! :) I will thank Kevin by VFR review for this honour, and i saw that also Grand Canyon and Death Valley were in the list. I just subscribed on sim-outhouse to thank everybody for the appreciation they are giving to the scenery!

Posted

Another great scenery package Maurizio. Unfortunately I will have to wait until after 10/10/09 to download as my download quota is nearing slowdown point ... a testimony to how much great simming material is coming thru.

Rest assured, come 11th, I will be straight into Tuscany with a vengeance - the agony of the wait is burning me up LOL.

Congratulations mate - a wonderful package to add to your previous sceneries, which I fly in often.

Cheers

Posted

Thank so much Tom, i can assure you that this waiting will pay you when you take off from Pisa wink.png A beautiful world is waiting you....

Posted

This stuff is absolutly fabulous.how good is it to fly around a area and know it is exactly as would be in real life. As good as FTX is it is mostly only textures and terrain ,coastline is preaty good as well but towns are not where they are really, you still have what i imagine is default roads every where where as this is just amazing.No disrespect to FTX team who are doing a terrific job especially with their airports.but oh how i would love to see the north east of Tas.and the furneaux group look like this .maybe some day.cheers all Doug.

Posted

Thank you Maurizio and everyone else who worked on this project.

I just did a trip around the scenery and it is very nice.

I am learning how to make scenery too and spotted one error.

In the harbour of Portoferraio on the Island of Elba, the waves come from the land into the sea!

I look forwards to your next project.

Thanks,

Toby

My flight plan:

LIRP - Take off

WP1 - N44 5.59 E10 25.92

LIQW - Does not exist anymore as you will see

LIRJ - Land at Elba

Posted

thank so much guys smile.gif The problem about the sea waves orientation is not fixable by a photoreal, because it's FSX that manages this apsect. Think that i neither see the waves anymore, because, i think, it's Flight environment X that inhibits this effect. In my other pc, instead, where i have a clean FSX copy, i can see the waves, and i noticed that when the coast is well done, also the waves end in the right point. Sometimes instead, when the scenery has an incorrect sea transition, you can see the waves above the land.

Who has got UTX Europe, will see another island, the famous Isola del Giglio. We noticed that in the default scenery is not present.... With TMF viewer you can see it but it is not displayed by FSX. UTX fixed this bug, so UTX users can see also this island.

Posted

Fantastic work Maurizio! Bravo! this as well as your work on the Grand Canyon have the reasons I have flown outside to AU.

Well done mate! :beerchug::applause:

Posted

Ciao Maurizio,

It should be fixable, this happened to me too on my scenery project.

You just need to reverse the direction of the shape you used to create this part of the coastline.

FEX doesn't remove your waves, UTX does.

If you have UTX installed, open the control panel, click on Ultimate Terrain and then click Change FS9 Wave Effects to get them back!

Thank you for your hard work, you made a lovely scenery,

Toby

thank so much guys smile.gif The problem about the sea waves orientation is not fixable by a photoreal, because it's FSX that manages this apsect. Think that i neither see the waves anymore, because, i think, it's Flight environment X that inhibits this effect. In my other pc, instead, where i have a clean FSX copy, i can see the waves, and i noticed that when the coast is well done, also the waves end in the right point. Sometimes instead, when the scenery has an incorrect sea transition, you can see the waves above the land.

Who has got UTX Europe, will see another island, the famous Isola del Giglio. We noticed that in the default scenery is not present.... With TMF viewer you can see it but it is not displayed by FSX. UTX fixed this bug, so UTX users can see also this island.

Posted

Thank so much Butch and Tobyhappy.png Ah.... i thought it was FEX to suppress the waves, so it's UTEX and now i have the solution. I am very happy i can reenable it on this PC. I really didn't know about this feature. Regards the possibility to correct the orientation i don't know, because the shape can be done only in this way, at least using FS Earth Mask, the program i use to compile the water mask. Someone uses Inkscape, with blend commands, but the system i use is different. I use multicolour water masks, assigning different colours depending the function it has to display. Sea water is done passing from a green colour to the yellow, that mantains the photoreal texture below. Green shows FSX water, instead yellow creates water above the land below, and the effect is very different. It's an aspect to be evalued and to try. Maybe, creating sceneries with SBuilderX allows this type of function but for what i know FSEarth Nask, doesn't.

Posted

9 days after release and it has more than 3000 downloads, I reckon that is darn impressive :)

Posted

The scenery seems to be now unavailable. The link to rapidshare given above doesn't work, as the megaupload link (for obvious reasons)

Posted

The scenery is available for download for me. The Rapidshare link doesn't seem to be working but the download through the main server is still working

Posted

I have just discovered your scenery and it is the best freeware (and better than many payware) I have seen.

I am a member of a well known VA and first downloaded Genoa which was incredible. I downloaded Tuscany after that which is excellent. Just a slight disappointment that the Pisa FSX default building hadn't been replaced but I understand that this is an area scenery and therefore you didnt have time to design airprt buildings. Maybe in the future?

Posted

Hi Maurizio,

I'm your fellow citizen (fiorentino)

nice job over there often reported as one of the best freeware addon, you made us proud to live in tuscany!

i tried it without other addon and it was reallly beautifull

now that i installed Orbx global+vector+Europe OpenLC+FSGENESIS+REX, i would like to know if it will interfere with these addons or if the results will be even bette

Don't know how photoreal fits with landclass and autogen,,, sorry i know it is a newbee question, but consider that i'm new to FSX

tks

see you around

Alessandro

Posted

Hi Alessandro. Welcome to the forum.

Maurizio is now a full time Orbx developer and spends all of his time there.

Regarding the scenery, if it is listed above Orbx in the fsx scenery library it should still appear ok.

Give it a try and see.

Posted

Hi Trev

thank you very much for your response, another question noob: the scenery will be better with orbx textures and the rest of addons or will it be the same because it is photoreal?

Nice to know that Maurizio is working for orbx!

regards