- - - - -

OZx Scenery :: OZx Tuscany Complete

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Maurizio G

Maurizio G
  • Registered
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:music (i am also a composer for hobby, i play keyboards, guitar, drum and bass, i program the computer applied to the electronic instruments), computer and aviation in general. Videogames.

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:53 PM

Posted Image

File Name: OZx Tuscany Complete

File Submitter: Maurizio G

File Submitted: 25 Sep 2009

File Category: OZx Scenery

Posted Image

OZx is proud to release the new full version of Tuscany!

As in the previous version, where people had a sensation of full immersion in this new concept of photoreal, this upgrade wants to improve the autogen of the already covered area, adding anyway a new zone, Lucca and its environment.

The coast from Marina di Pisa to Lido di Camaiore has been fully implemented with the autogen, along as the wonderful area of Puccini lake. Inside the Apuan Alps (provided with mesh developed by Holger Sandmann), another fantastic lake, the late of Vagli, with its little city.

Beautiful landmark 3d objects have been added, we speak about the famous miracles' square in Pisa (developed by Dario Bortot) and an ancient castle, the castle of Malaspina, in Massa (developed by Loreno Venanti). The Isle of Elba and other cute islands are also availables here (developed by Antonio C.)

All the territory is perfect to be flown also at the sunset or in the night, a real experience with the well experimented true nightlights system. Fluidity and hi graphic details, a project by Maurizio G.

This release will be the base to cover the entire area with the autogen, and to develop completely in 3D the town of Lucca too (already in progress).

Posted Image
Click on the logo above to read the AVSIM review

Please download the manual from here while you are waiting for your download to come in.

Last version had 6223 downloads.

Click here to download this file

Posted Image

AMD Athlon X2 5600+ 2GB RAM * ATI 4870 HD X2 2GB DDR5 * SOUNDBLASTER X-FI EXTREME
3 HD Western dgt 10k rpm * 1,25 TB HD ext * MATROX RTX-100 EXTREME real time video editing * SAITEK X-52 PRO
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Intel 3,4 GHZ dualcore 2GB RAM * NVIDIA 6600 GT 512 MB* SOUNDBLASTER X-FI EXTREME
2 HD SAMSUNG 320 GB * PINNACLE DV 500 video editing

#2 Jigsaw

Jigsaw
  • Nemeth Beta Tester
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:13 PM

This looks great! I wonder if I'll be able to find the places where I spent my vacation 13 years ago. :D
Happy Flying
-Patrick
Posted Image
FlightSim Store:
Order Number: 37649 - Nemeth Bell UH-1

#3 JayKae

JayKae
  • Admin
  • 6,743 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:26 PM

I am pretty sure you will mate :)

Posted Image

Like Our Site?give us kudos to make our day!

Lian-Li PC PC-P80R, Intel Core i7 980X (OC44), GA-X58A-UD9, G.Skill 12GB Trident DDR3 RAM, 4 x ATI Radeon HD5970 2GB GDDR5 (xfire), 4 x G.Skill PHOENIX SSD - 240GB, Thermaltake Tough Power 1500W, Corsair Cooling Hydro H50, Zalman CNPS10X, Antec TriCool 120mm Fan, NZXT Sentry 2.5" TSDFC 

... and where is the Batman ?

#4 JayKae

JayKae
  • Admin
  • 6,743 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:23 AM

1500+ downloads in 2 days... well done Maurizio and dare I say it... no support issues that I have seen anywhere

Posted Image

Lian-Li PC PC-P80R, Intel Core i7 980X (OC44), GA-X58A-UD9, G.Skill 12GB Trident DDR3 RAM, 4 x ATI Radeon HD5970 2GB GDDR5 (xfire), 4 x G.Skill PHOENIX SSD - 240GB, Thermaltake Tough Power 1500W, Corsair Cooling Hydro H50, Zalman CNPS10X, Antec TriCool 120mm Fan, NZXT Sentry 2.5" TSDFC 

#5 caribou

caribou
  • Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:59 AM

Great scenery of Tuscany and Elba - Many thanks to all of those who produced it. Many thanks also to JayKae for letting us download it from his site. Howard
FTX Blue 10193
Gold 10316
Green 11005
Red 14136
Coffs 13081
Warnervale 17417
Avalon airshow edition cd 25358

I only fly in FTX land...... and soon PNW land.

#6 Maurizio G

Maurizio G
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:music (i am also a composer for hobby, i play keyboards, guitar, drum and bass, i program the computer applied to the electronic instruments), computer and aviation in general. Videogames.

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:40 AM

I am very very happy Jay :) Many thanks to all the people who downloaded and enjoyed the scenery! It's for sure a good incentive to make even better!!! Posted Image Maybe our sceneries could win also some awards.... Take a look at this site...

http://www.vfrreview...php?topic=234.0

I think that for our staff it would be really a big honour!!!!
Posted Image

AMD Athlon X2 5600+ 2GB RAM * ATI 4870 HD X2 2GB DDR5 * SOUNDBLASTER X-FI EXTREME
3 HD Western dgt 10k rpm * 1,25 TB HD ext * MATROX RTX-100 EXTREME real time video editing * SAITEK X-52 PRO
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Intel 3,4 GHZ dualcore 2GB RAM * NVIDIA 6600 GT 512 MB* SOUNDBLASTER X-FI EXTREME

#7 JayKae

JayKae
  • Admin
  • 6,743 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:21 AM

I am glad you are happy mate :) Now, I think VFR Reviews was thinking of reviewing it, I will check :)

Posted Image

#8 volcom1720

volcom1720
  • Registered
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:32 AM

That is just stunning. Pure Stunning.
Posted Image

#9 JayKae

JayKae
  • Admin
  • 6,743 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:11 PM

OK, VFR reviews will do a review of it and... I just wanted to extend a massive congrats to everyone involved, I have not seen a single support issue, anywhere, period.

Posted Image

#10 Maurizio G

Maurizio G
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:10 AM

A big thanks Jay! :) I will thank Kevin by VFR review for this honour, and i saw that also Grand Canyon and Death Valley were in the list. I just subscribed on sim-outhouse to thank everybody for the appreciation they are giving to the scenery!
Posted Image

#11 tom

tom
  • Registered
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:43 AM

Another great scenery package Maurizio. Unfortunately I will have to wait until after 10/10/09 to download as my download quota is nearing slowdown point ... a testimony to how much great simming material is coming thru.

Rest assured, come 11th, I will be straight into Tuscany with a vengeance - the agony of the wait is burning me up LOL.

Congratulations mate - a wonderful package to add to your previous sceneries, which I fly in often.

Cheers
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But, to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Cheers, Tom

Posted Image

#12 Maurizio G

Maurizio G
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:50 AM

Thank so much Tom, i can assure you that this waiting will pay you when you take off from Pisa Posted Image A beautiful world is waiting you....
Posted Image

#13 doug

doug
  • OZx Scenery Tester
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:flight sim . building radio control boats . family [retired]

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:56 PM

This stuff is absolutly fabulous.how good is it to fly around a area and know it is exactly as would be in real life. As good as FTX is it is mostly only textures and terrain ,coastline is preaty good as well but towns are not where they are really, you still have what i imagine is default roads every where where as this is just amazing.No disrespect to FTX team who are doing a terrific job especially with their airports.but oh how i would love to see the north east of Tas.and the furneaux group look like this .maybe some day.cheers all Doug.
Posted Image

#14 toby23

toby23
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:26 PM

Thank you Maurizio and everyone else who worked on this project.
I just did a trip around the scenery and it is very nice.

I am learning how to make scenery too and spotted one error.
In the harbour of Portoferraio on the Island of Elba, the waves come from the land into the sea!

I look forwards to your next project.

Thanks,
Toby

My flight plan:

LIRP - Take off
WP1 - N44 5.59 E10 25.92
LIQW - Does not exist anymore as you will see
LIRJ - Land at Elba
Shade Order - FSS0127414

#15 Maurizio G

Maurizio G
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 645 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:56 PM

thank so much guys Posted Image The problem about the sea waves orientation is not fixable by a photoreal, because it's FSX that manages this apsect. Think that i neither see the waves anymore, because, i think, it's Flight environment X that inhibits this effect. In my other pc, instead, where i have a clean FSX copy, i can see the waves, and i noticed that when the coast is well done, also the waves end in the right point. Sometimes instead, when the scenery has an incorrect sea transition, you can see the waves above the land.

Who has got UTX Europe, will see another island, the famous Isola del Giglio. We noticed that in the default scenery is not present.... With TMF viewer you can see it but it is not displayed by FSX. UTX fixed this bug, so UTX users can see also this island.
Posted Image

#16 Butch

Butch
  • OZx Painters
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

Fantastic work Maurizio! Bravo! this as well as your work on the Grand Canyon have the reasons I have flown outside to AU.

Well done mate! :beerchug: :applause:

paint_butch.png332sigbeta-1.png

#17 toby23

toby23
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:10 PM

Ciao Maurizio,

It should be fixable, this happened to me too on my scenery project.
You just need to reverse the direction of the shape you used to create this part of the coastline.

FEX doesn't remove your waves, UTX does.
If you have UTX installed, open the control panel, click on Ultimate Terrain and then click Change FS9 Wave Effects to get them back!

Thank you for your hard work, you made a lovely scenery,
Toby

thank so much guys Posted Image The problem about the sea waves orientation is not fixable by a photoreal, because it's FSX that manages this apsect. Think that i neither see the waves anymore, because, i think, it's Flight environment X that inhibits this effect. In my other pc, instead, where i have a clean FSX copy, i can see the waves, and i noticed that when the coast is well done, also the waves end in the right point. Sometimes instead, when the scenery has an incorrect sea transition, you can see the waves above the land.

Who has got UTX Europe, will see another island, the famous Isola del Giglio. We noticed that in the default scenery is not present.... With TMF viewer you can see it but it is not displayed by FSX. UTX fixed this bug, so UTX users can see also this island.

Shade Order - FSS0127414

#18 Maurizio G

Maurizio G
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 645 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:10 PM

Thank so much Butch and TobyPosted Image Ah.... i thought it was FEX to suppress the waves, so it's UTEX and now i have the solution. I am very happy i can reenable it on this PC. I really didn't know about this feature. Regards the possibility to correct the orientation i don't know, because the shape can be done only in this way, at least using FS Earth Mask, the program i use to compile the water mask. Someone uses Inkscape, with blend commands, but the system i use is different. I use multicolour water masks, assigning different colours depending the function it has to display. Sea water is done passing from a green colour to the yellow, that mantains the photoreal texture below. Green shows FSX water, instead yellow creates water above the land below, and the effect is very different. It's an aspect to be evalued and to try. Maybe, creating sceneries with SBuilderX allows this type of function but for what i know FSEarth Nask, doesn't.
Posted Image

#19 JayKae

JayKae
  • Admin
  • 6,743 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:27 AM

9 days after release and it has more than 3000 downloads, I reckon that is darn impressive :)

Posted Image

#20 knokke

knokke
  • Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

The scenery seems to be now unavailable. The link to rapidshare given above doesn't work, as the megaupload link (for obvious reasons)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users