Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

JayKae

North Tuscany Photoreal X Release is Imminent!

well done mate happy.png I am happy happy!

this is a very good news! In the middle of the developement i was a bit afraid about this aspect, because i planned to fill entire areas! Thanks for your comment and also thanks for the report!

this is a very good news! In the middle of the developement i was a bit afraid about this aspect, because i planned to fill entire areas! Thanks for your comment and also thanks for the report!

Phantastic, mille grazie, will you also do the rest of Tuscany? Since several years I spend my vacations near Cortona and would like to fly there too.

Otto

Thank so much Otto! I hope so, this is the idea.... wink.png

Thanks you to have enjoyned the scenery cool.gif

Maurizio,

I'm still enjoying this beautiful scenery and I still can't believe this is for free, excellent work!

Kris

Thank so much Chris, i hope to make some upgrade for Christmas if i have time :)

Sometime ago I downloaded Tuscany and Elba, installed them, but for some reason, maybe PNW, I did not fly in the area.

This afternoon FSX was running perfectly, flying with Active X and X Graphics in Washington state.

I then decided to try the Elba scenery. Then the trouble started. Loading time extended out to twenty minutes (instead of a few seconds earlier in the day), and the scenery was blurry. At first I thought it was badly made scenery so I uninstalled it from the main FSX folder, and deleted the entries from the scenery library. But the loading time for the default was just as long and it was just as blurry.

Elba and Tuscany must have caused the problem, but my FSX seems to be damaged in some way.

I have re-booted, CC cleaned and no luck. Can you help prevent a reinstall for me.

And I rebuilt the cfg file as well, but that didn't help.

Hi,

sorry to hear your problem. Tuscany and Elba is a scenery that doesn't modify your FSX settings, and the loading of the scenery is pretty normal, not longer than other sceneries. In your post it sounds like this scenery could have damaged your FSX, but sincerely i wouldn't know in which way...

Have you installed some other addons recently? The blurries that you experienced maybe depends on the FSX settings. Photoreal sceneries are not totally focused if you have a low setting as quality in the detail. Technically is the lod_radius parameter that acts on the way you see the scenery. If you have the FSX slider at maximum for this parameter you should see on focus also in the distance, but it's obvious that the load time with this parameter changed it's higher, and you can also going out of RAM memory depending on your system. In which way did you modify the FSX.cfg? I guess that the problem is here, maybe you forced some parameters too high and your system suffers these changes. Another thing, Tuscany and Elba works only with FSX SP2, maybe this could be another reason, if you haven't the SP2 installed. Let's hope to fix the problem.

Guest hcornea

Hi Ian,

As Maurizio says .. the installer doesn't really alter FSX in any core way .. it adds a scenery and texture folder.

Further .. if your install had been damaged, it woulld have become apparent when you installed them (not when you flew them). So I think it is pretty safe to say this is not the problem.

A few things ... cold start FSX (after a reboot) will always be slower (no disk cacheing). Similarly if the contents of any of the scenery libraries have altered (eg switching FTX central, or installing an update) then the recataloging process will occur, and cached scenery will not load. This will slow things down.

With large installs and particularly FS addon's and patches it is fairly easy to fragment large chunks of your FS drive. I note you have a Vraptor ... which is still quite capable of being fragmented. The other thing with these addons ... how much space is left?

It may be that something has broken your FS install ... but it is extremely unlikely (given that nothing is impossible) to be this package.