Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayKae

Do you want to post a screenshot ?

16 posts in this topic

For Flight Simulator X:

Take your Screenshot- Start a flight in Flight simulator and get a view that you like on any aircraft. When you like how it looks, you can take the picture by pressing "V". The game may stop for a moment or not. Other than a small pausing, there will not be any notification that you took the picture. Take as many as you like and when you are done, exit Flight Simulator.

Find your Screenshot- You will find your screenshot in a folder titled 'Flight Simulator X Files'. You can find this under C:Users[Your Username]Pictures. Go into the folder and you will see all of the screenshots you have taken within the game. Decide which one(s) you want to post in the forums.

Edit your Screenshot- For the most part, this is an optional step. Some people use editing software such as GIMP or Photoshop to add effects to their screenshots and/or edit the colors to make them look better. Even if you would like to leave the picture "Raw", which means unedited, you will want to change the picture to a smaller file. By default FSX saves the picture as a .BMP, which is a very large picture file. We want to make it take up less space and be more easy to upload, so we should change them to a smaller file such as a .JPG (JPEG) or .PNG file. To do this, right click on the picture of your choice and then click "Edit". This will open up paint. Go to File>Save as..., and in the drop-down box pick .PNG (You may also choose Jpeg or a comparable file). If you like, re-title the picture in the box. Then, click save. Exit out of paint. At this point, you should have two copies of your screenshot, one saved as a BMP and one as a PNG or JPEG. Delete the BMP copy as you don't need it anymore.

Upload your Screenshot- This step will allow you to upload the screenshot to the internet and make it a viewable link. To do this, you will need to use a website that will save your picture as a link. In this case we will be using http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2

Go to the address in your web browser, you will see this screen:

Screenshot2015-01-2623.43.58.png

In the space with a button that says "Start Uploading", click on that.

It looks like this tongue.png

Screenshot2015-01-2623.49.56.png

A window with your computer should come up. Go back to the file with your screenshots, it should be in C:Users[Your Username]PicturesFlight Simulator X Files. Select the edited screenshot that you want to post, the one saved as the png or jpeg(jpg). Highlight it, and click "Open".
The file should now appear in the box labeled "File". You can select multiple files (up to 10) as well.

Depending on your internet connection, it will only take about 5-30 seconds. When the picture is done uploading, a new window will open:

Screenshot2015-01-2623.57.44.png

In this window, it will open in 'About' To post on our forum the one you need is "BBCode" which you can find by clicking 'Embed Codes' next to the 'About'.

Click on that code in your actual own window and it should highlight, copy the text.

Post it!- Go to the topic that you want to post the screenshot in. Put all of your important words in the post. Move your cursor to where you want your shot to be and hit paste voila that

Done!- Your beautiful screenshot is displayed for all to see .

That is it!

For Flight Simulator 2004:

Take your Screenshot- Refer to step 1, but instead of pressing "V" just press "Prnt Scrn". Go into the Paint program and go to Edit>Paste. Save it to whatever folder, and Follow the rest of the steps above.

http://www.fsfiles.o...lightsimshotsv2

Visit:

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/

I have improved the OZx Image Hosting Service, you can now register and login to create a library and now it supports filenames as well so you can now like with Photobucket etc retrieve what you have put into the library :)

Hi J could you please tell me how to use your programe I have created a an account ticked the box uploaded my pics it shows me its down loading from PC and then a long wait but nothing happens

I get my pics from my albums wich I saved using the V key whilst in flight

Cheers Mike

Member registration has now been added to the list of features, so you can now upload while logged in and return to your images at a later stage to get links etc

Looks good Jay but my password doesn't work any more on sign-in and the recapcha device doesn't display anything except a tick box :well:

Me too..it is telling me that my email is incorrect.. Nice new front page though Jay.. well done old mate. Teecee.

Yes, well, I forgot to tell you guys that, this revamp meant the old databases had to be 'canned' they are not compatible with this version and upward.

Thanks Jay, created a "new" account with all the old details and all is sweet now :thumbsu: - new program is a definite improvement :goodjob:

Works for me.. Nice.. Great work Jay. Teecee

Just testing.

Newskysouthofengland.th.jpg

Thank you and really sorry the old accounts are gone guys but I had to do it now rather than later else many more people would have had problems.

This software is professional and now will have regular updates without getting rid of anything

I used Oz uploading for a long time but as of today I cannot log in any more, my username and password are no longer correct. Using the "forgot password" function returns a message that my username is not correct. I never changed that...

Is there anything I can do or do I have to open a new account?

Any help is being appreciated.

Disregard, just found the explanation, sorry!

Edited by Snorre

Hi,

I seem to be having problems with FSFiles as well. Every time I attempt an upload I get an "internal server error" and if I try and use the 'contact us' form I get an SMTP failure. Tried on two different PCs, and with different browsers. Asking here as my understanding is that FS Files and OZx are linked? Apologies, and tell me to  ***.off if this is not the case. I know there are other file facilities available (I've been using imgur as backup) but I like FS Files and would prefer to use it.

Any advice welcome and appreciated,

thanks

Andy