Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

UKV1277

OZx Airport Map

Hi Guys,

I've created an Airport Map for OZx, just like the ones I've created for AU Blue and AU Gold. You can find the map here:

http://www.mthake.com/FTX/OZx/ozx_map.php

For now you should consider this map in beta, I've had to extract the lat and longs from the object placement files for the airports which is not as accurate as methods used for my other maps.

Please let me know via PM on here if you find any errors on the map and I will get them fixed up asap.

Enjoy! icon_e_smile.gif

Coincidentally, just as I sat down here at my desk to begin the day's work I thought about making the same thing this evening. You know what they say about great minds!

My only suggestion would be to add the default FSX airfields too as a different group of items. That way you can use the tool to plan your trip with a little less referencing other maps.

Coincidentally, just as I sat down here at my desk to begin the day's work I thought about making the same thing this evening. You know what they say about great minds!

My only suggestion would be to add the default FSX airfields too as a different group of items. That way you can use the tool to plan your trip with a little less referencing other maps.

That's a good idea, I'm also going to update my FTX maps to show the OZx freeware so people can see which freeware airfields fall in which AU region. icon_e_smile.gif

G'day Tom,

I don't know if it's just me but bankstown, randwick and somersby are out of place?

Cheers

Hugh

As are a couple of the WA ones, great idea though, interesting to watch this develop.

Cheers and thanks,

That's a good idea, I'm also going to update my FTX maps to show the OZx freeware so people can see which freeware airfields fall in which AU region. icon_e_smile.gif

Hi Tom,

I like your map.

I have just started mapping the OzX Freeware Airfields in the FTX AU Gold region.

I'm doing this by flying to each airfield and recording the latitude/longitude of my position, in a Google spreadsheet that automatically updates the map.

Please feel free to view my map and use any of the information. It might be a slow process finding all these this way, but it's good fun! smile.gif

Cheers

I've updated the link in the first post for OZx 1.1 icon_e_smile.gif

Thanks so much, Tom. I'll download when my internet rolls over to the next month. Are you using the GE placemarks for your position info?

Yep, using the GE info to get the map to display.

Also, the link in the post is just to an online version of the map. A moving map version will be avaliable soon. So no need to worry about your download limit yet! icon_e_smile.gif

I can't access the OZX Airports site, all I get is this message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /FTX/OZx/ozx_map.php on this server.

Anything I'm doing wrong?

Cheers

John

Canberra

Guest hcornea

Move OzX above all of the other entries in the Scenery Library.

Note that most of the airports won't "appear" in your FSX library (a few will). You have to go find them ......

Guest hcornea

YNUA --- You got me

YNUB is Nullabor Motel Airstrip.

As a guide, no you don't need to have all or indeed any FTX regions to see the OzX airports ... but they are blended to the specific region ... so they won't match the surrounding terrain at all without the appropriate FTX region.

All the trimmings such as vegetation matching (autogen) and colour are somewhat dependant on FTX.

Given that OzX comes for free, you may as well invest in all the FTX regions .. as together you're getting unbeatable value. Think of OzX as topping for your ice-cream.

(or you could wait for the SP3 DVD release ... soon)

and no ... I'm not on their payroll, and I don't own shares.

Also Note: As oft repeated ... most OzX strips don't show up in your Airport list ... you have to go find them .. the way real pilots do ....

Any thoughts?

Use the documents and VFR methods to find the strips. There are a few AFCADed strips included. OZx should be up the top of your scenery library, too.

Use the documents and VFR methods to find the strips. There are a few AFCADed strips included. OZx should be up the top of your scenery library, too.

Got that. Thanks.

I did find several at this point but that first one had me stumped. I figured I would start on that side and work my way towards Brisbane. I am up to Cocklebiddy now (is somebody making these names up or does that place really exist?) FTX is on my list of things to pick up. So far, fantastic even without it. I can't wait to see what it looks like when I get it all together. Thanks for the excellent work.

Edited by Putt4eagle

Guest bliksimpie

Anybody know how I can contact the map creator. When I send and PM I get message that member close his PM or something like that.

I would love to have airfields added that I found not to be on the map.

If the member is not maintaining the map anymore, I would do this anytime on his behalve, but then need his permission to do so.

Regards

Anybody know how I can contact the map creator. When I send and PM I get message that member close his PM or something like that.

I would love to have airfields added that I found not to be on the map.

If the member is not maintaining the map anymore, I would do this anytime on his behalve, but then need his permission to do so.

Regards

Hey,

I know the map is not currently up to date - I do have plans to update it soon.

My pm system should be working again now - sorry about that. :)

Edited by UKV1277

Just wondering if the current version has all the airfields. I am using this map for my current "Cub around Oz" flight and am finding it most useful.

Cheers and thanks,

My Cub around Oz flight

Chris, maybe use Serge's Google Earth map ( Serges_OZx2.2_ORBX_Ant.kml ) in the "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\OZx\User Documents" folder. It should be accurate.

BTW there are some great WA and SA strips coming, hopefully the Cubbie is slow enough that they'll be released before you get there :)