Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Scenery Design Tutorial 1.0

29 posts in this topic

Posted

This first scenery design tutorial was going to be released through ORBX last week, but got caught up in this new initiative, so we will now be releasing it here. The second tutorial 2.0 will also be released here in a fortnight or so. Priority will be getting the freeware bush strips from 1.2 re-released here, but the tutorial should follow soon after I hope. It's all packaged ready to go, except it needs a new OZX cover icon_e_smile.gif

cheers and thanks for the patience all...

Prof

Posted

I know a lot of guys are looking forward to reading the tutorial Prof. Thanks for spending the time to create it share your knowledge with others. We sure do appreciate it.

Posted

I'm definitely looking forward to reading it!!

Posted

it's really welcome a good tutorial, for those, like me, are starting to design.... it's a great tool! I thank you in advance!

Posted

Looking forward to the tutorial too. icon_e_smile.gif

Posted

I've always wanted to make my own photo real airstrip icon_e_biggrin.gif .

Great work guys.

Cheers

Hugh

Posted

After having read so many individual scenery design tutorials I am lookin forward to one that can tie all of them toghether!!!

I am sure it will be a very welcome addition to the scenery developing beginners.

thankyou in advance...

Jorge

Posted

I have also always wanted to learn this stuff, can't wait

Posted

Me too! I'm interested in it all ... aircraft paints, terrain ... I shall be dabbling away in the background.

Posted

Great news icon_lol.gif

Posted

Thank you Prof!

I hope this will really open the floodgates for lots of airports. Is there a list where we can see what people are working on so as to not to duplicate precious talents and development time?

Looking forward to reading your tutorial almost as much as flying !

Kind Regards and God bless

Alfred

P.S: How do I get the smilies working. I am using SAFARI Browser?

posting.php?mode=quote&f=17&t=31&p=151#http://www.aussiex.org/forum/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif

posting.php?mode=quote&f=17&t=31&p=151#

Posted

I have not tested with Safari, I will do so tonight icon_e_smile.gif

Posted

It's a bit hidden, but please see board above for the scenery tutorial. Let me know how you find it, and what improvements we can make to it. Now that's written, I'm off to start another strip icon_e_wink.gif

Posted

I've tried the tutorial, but I can't get fsxget to work with FSX, it sits there saying FSX Ecxception after saying it's connected, and then sits there waiting for connection.

I can't find anything to say how to fix this, any ideas? Or is there another program that does the same kind of thing?

Posted

I've tried the tutorial, but I can't get fsxget to work with FSX, it sits there saying FSX Ecxception after saying it's connected, and then sits there waiting for connection.

I can't find anything to say how to fix this, any ideas? Or is there another program that does the same kind of thing?

There should be no problem getting FSXGet to work, especially when it's saying it has connected. Perhaps someone here can help, but in the meantime look through the options of FSXGet to see if you have something strange checked.

Posted

Great stuff mate!!

Posted

Nope still no joy. Not sure what to do from here icon_e_sad.gif

Posted

Nope still no joy. Not sure what to do from here icon_e_sad.gif

Pretty sure there's some payware FSX-GE Connector - can't find it just now.

Something called "Yet Another Google Earth Tool.(v0.94). YAGET FSX" as well.

Posted

I have not tested with Safari, I will do so tonight icon_e_smile.gif

Thank You Jay Kae.

Sorry it took a little while. I just toasted my BIOS when a flash went wrong....now it is with the "Dr."

Hopfully I will be back in the air soon....using the Laptop is just tooo slow!

All the best and God bless

Alfred

Posted

I must be blind, I can't find the tutorial anywhere, maybe I've failed the first test, finding the tutorial.

cheers

Posted

I must be blind, I can't find the tutorial anywhere, maybe I've failed the first test, finding the tutorial.

cheers

kman: I agree, it's hard to find. When you first open Community Scenery Design Workshop, you'll see there's a section called Freeware Scenery Submissions above the various topics listed in this part of the forum. It's there, in Freeware Scenery Submissions. Maybe we should call it Freeware Scenery Submissions and Developer Guides. I was going to put the link to the tutorial here in this post, but I can't attach anything here.

cheers

Prof

Posted

Follow this link mate: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=74

Cheers

Pat

Posted

I've been following this tutorial, which is really well written and I have enjoyed coming to grips with SBuilderX for the 1st time. Thanks very much Prof for the painstaking effort that you've put into this.

I have got myself successfully down past making all the Photoshop files and have reached 'Compile the Photoreal Background'. I have selected the image & pressed the compile button & the .bgl file & the Photo01.inf file have been created ok. The tutorial now says 'Open the photo.inf file and the appropriate SBX .inf file'. I dont know what the appropriate SBX file is and would appreciate some help here. I guess it's probably blindinly obvious but I am not giving up on this project, even if it means looking silly from time to time...

smile.gif Sandy

Posted

Sandy, try this, and let me know if you have success. It is to work with an ORBX Blue location.

cheers

Prof

Posted

Oh I see, you use the .inf file sample as the approporiate sbx.inf file and ammend it with the information specific to the new project. Thanks for the attachment above too - between the two of them I should be able to make a stab at it today. Thank you for the very fast reply Prof.

Sandy