Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Got a ?

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Its great to see a place in the forums for rest of the world scenery. My ? is simple how do you ctalog Cuba? South or North america. I ask because im 6 months into rebuilding the whole country.

Posted

Hmm, I had a look in the encyclopedia and as Cuba is on the North American plate I would say North America however I might merge the two ( north and south ) americas into one forum called 'The Americas' ... thoughts on this guys?

Posted

From the USCG standpoint, the caribbean C.American basin is the divider line between N and S. So merging into one americas catalog would be effective. For further steps to catalog id say childs board for N and S and C america. CAmerica is were cuba is except its in the caribbean basin. Just some sim for thought. I had to look at my USCG AVDET manual.

Posted

Ok, I see what you are saying but to avoid mistakes in the future, decategorising the North and South America into The Americas will make it easier for people to find, least that is what I reckon.

Posted

decategorising the North and South America into The Americas will make it easier for people to find, least that is what I reckon.

Unless they ................................... are let's say "Geographically Challenged" like me crazy.gif

Posted

The area south of Mexico and north of Venezuela is generally known as Central America - it is usually seen as three major geographical areas rather than two.

Therefore The Americas is a safe way to describe the two continents and the isthmus joining them.

However, even though we would normally think of the USA and Canada as the prime source for enthusiasts to create add-ons, in fact there is a tremendous volume of material out of South America including an individual (sorry, name forgotten) who has done freeware photorealistic scenery for Chile.

And a great guy who has built a freeware Citation of commercial payware quality and a 707. Alexander Rojas ... but who calls himself Alrot in the forums.

Posted

Well to add a bit,

I grew up in Venezuela and lived there for almost 16 years, hence I speak a little of the local lingo smile.gif

I even went to school there and when the subject of Geography was handled they told us that from the north border of Mexico upwards was "North America", from Mexico to Panama was "Central America and the Carribean" and from Colombia to Tierra del Fuego (Chile & Argentina) was "South America".

but of course I could be "misinformed"

Posted

Ok, I see what you are saying but to avoid mistakes in the future, decategorising the North and South America into The Americas will make it easier for people to find, least that is what I reckon.

The Americas sounds best. Simplifies things. IMHO icon_e_smile.gif

Posted

Thanks for the input guys, really appreciate it icon_e_smile.gif

Posted

Well to add a bit,

I grew up in Venezuela and lived there for almost 16 years, hence I speak a little of the local lingo smile.gif

I even went to school there and when the subject of Geography was handled they told us that from the north border of Mexico upwards was "North America", from Mexico to Panama was "Central America and the Carribean" and from Colombia to Tierra del Fuego (Chile & Argentina) was "South America".

but of course I could be "misinformed"

That means that Tasmania is South Australia

Posted

That means that Tasmania is South Australia

BOLLOCKS lol.gif

Posted

BOLLOCKS lol.gif

agreed...tassie is more a part of NSW really....

Posted

Tassie should be an independant republic yu.gif

Posted

Tassie should be an independant republic yu.gif

I thought it was an island of Antarctica. lol.gif

Posted

Re: Tasmania

I'll have to silence all this argument by showing you the map AGAIN:

Pubic_hair.png

Tassie is down South!

Posted

mmm nothing like a good ol map of tassie

Posted

The map needs a bit of trimming around the edges. Where is Bikini Atoll?

Posted

Tasmania has been merged with Scotland now, due to the gravitational effects arising from large chips on the shoulders. It's fevently hoped by the rest of the world that there are enough of these chips to create a black hole.

wink.gif Sandy

Posted

Tasmania has been merged with Scotland now, due to the gravitational effects arising from large chips on the shoulders. It's fevently hoped by the rest of the world that there are enough of these chips to create a black hole.

wink.gif Sandy

not quite following you there Cam, smile.gif but you sound a bit toey...maybe some girl_devil.gif needed ..prehaps?

Posted

Like your rendition of the Map of Tassie Mark.

Won't comment on Tim's avatar but they both seem to fit together icon_mrgreen.gif

Cheers

Pat

Posted

whats wrong with my little wet pussy? icon_evil.gif

Posted

wet pussy ?

looks more like a drowned cat after a big booze up and a rough night on the town lol.gif

Posted

Like your rendition of the Map of Tassie Mark.

Won't comment on Tim's avatar but they both seem to fit together icon_mrgreen.gif

Cheers

Pat

Pat,

your a dirty old man!!

wink.gif

smile.gif

lol.gif