• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Camstair

Camstair
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:05 AM

I have been learning about scenery creation by making a fantasy airstrip on the shores of Loch Lomond in Scotland. I've had a lot of help from the Prof & his tutorials and also from various members here and I have reached the point where I would like to move on to a site in Australia and help with your project here. I thought some members might like an alternative day out in Scotland sometime, so I am posting here to ask if this strip is the kind of thing that can be hosted here; in which case I can submit it for review? Or, since it's not in Australia, (or if it not being a real site is a factor), will I host it on my own web site and post a link here instead?

{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif Sandy

#2 JayKae

JayKae
  • Admin
  • 6,763 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:26 AM

Hey mate,

THat is what "The World" section is for {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif I would LOVE to host this for you on here, please check your PM {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif

Posted Image

Like Our Site?give us kudos to make our day!

Lian-Li PC PC-P80R, Intel Core i7 980X (OC44), GA-X58A-UD9, G.Skill 12GB Trident DDR3 RAM, 4 x ATI Radeon HD5970 2GB GDDR5 (xfire), 4 x G.Skill PHOENIX SSD - 240GB, Thermaltake Tough Power 1500W, Corsair Cooling Hydro H50, Zalman CNPS10X, Antec TriCool 120mm Fan, NZXT Sentry 2.5" TSDFC 

... and where is the Batman ?

#3 markwlee

markwlee
  • OZx Lead Developer
  • 2,411 posts
  • Interests:Bicycles, Airplanes and _ _ _ (how many letters in FOOD?)

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:14 PM

...........I thought some members might like an alternative day out in Scotland sometime, so I am posting here to ask if this strip is the kind of thing that can be hosted here; in which case I can submit it for review?.........

Hi Sandy
Can you include magnetic direction and distance from Glasgow? in a doc like what's in your extras folder? Plus your kmz for GE.
Make sure your placement file is a PLC (NOT a PCL).
I'm sure there will be interested parties - Wolter lived there for a while and I think Triton lives there now.
Posted Image Regards, Mark
OZx_AUS/NA Ant's All 3032 5862 10958 18583 PNW YMML YWVA YJKT YSCH YPEC YCNK YSTW YHBA 3W5 WA56 [email protected]/2gBCorsairDDR2/Raid0/ATI4890OC/22"Samsung/Antec900w650W/SaitekYokeQuad/CHpedalsFighterstickQuad/TIR4/XFi/THX5500

#4 Camstair

Camstair
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:25 PM

Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply.
I'll add the location information to the text file in the zip.
And I'll change the name of the placement file.

I'll contact Jay too, once it's done. (A few minutes)

Sandy

#5 Camstair

Camstair
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:21 AM

Thanks to lots of help with pretty much all aspects of this engrossing hobby, Loch Lomond, Duck Bay is finished. Before finding this forum I had trawled the net & bought some magazines on scenery creation but failed to get going. Certainly I could never have understood the .inf file compilation and the mysteries of Autogen without the guys here - many many thanks. So have a flight around the lochs & mountains of Scotland and afterwards the Duck Bay Hotel has a fine selection of single malts I am told ...

The scenery has been submitted & cleared for release and I am told that Jay will put it on this forum for download in the near future.

{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif Sandy

Posted Image

#6 Uhu_Fledermaus

Uhu_Fledermaus
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:00 AM

As far as I can detect from the screenie it looks smashing Sandy,
Very much looking forward to a nice flight over the Highlands and a wee drop of "Highland Dew" afterwards, maybe I can even spot a few footprints I've left behind {SMILIES_PATH}/dirol.gif
Cheers,
Wolter
Posted Image
Posted Image
i7 2600K @ 4.7G | Asus P8Z68 deluxe | Corsair Hydro H100 | Mushkin Redline 8G DDR3 @ 1600MHz CL7 | Gainward GTX580 Phanthom3 | 280.26 WHQL drivers | 1x Vertex 3 120G | 1x Velociraptor 600G | 3x WD 500G | CM Pro Gold 1000W | CM HAF-X | Iiyama ProLite E2409HDS 24" 1920x1080x32 + HP w2228h 22" 1680x1050x32 | W7 pro SP1 x64 EN | fsX+Acc+FTX+OZx+REX2.0 OD

#7 JayKae

JayKae
  • Admin
  • 6,763 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:32 AM

hey Cam, the download is now up, I would suggest to make a new post telling people about it and drawing attention to your fabulous work mate {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif

Posted Image

Lian-Li PC PC-P80R, Intel Core i7 980X (OC44), GA-X58A-UD9, G.Skill 12GB Trident DDR3 RAM, 4 x ATI Radeon HD5970 2GB GDDR5 (xfire), 4 x G.Skill PHOENIX SSD - 240GB, Thermaltake Tough Power 1500W, Corsair Cooling Hydro H50, Zalman CNPS10X, Antec TriCool 120mm Fan, NZXT Sentry 2.5" TSDFC 

#8 kman

kman
  • Registered
  • 1,610 posts
  • Interests:apart from flying, fly fishing, virtual sailing, repaints, would love to learn how to create some of these incredable freeware airports

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:53 PM

Great strip Sandy,buzzed around there , from memory though the magnetic heading is 330 I think you had 340.Colour matches the seasons well, can't get over the diff winter colours to here in OZ, I thought there would be more snow too. Crashed in the wheatfield again, night lighting may be better with hangars that have lighting on them. Both those hangars are non lit, I use IS at night sometimes to get buildins that light up. Theres a dark patch behind the main hangar that could have some trees, but thats very trivial. It's a great location next to the loch and looks very scenic, heres a couple of pics.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Nudge

Nudge
  • Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:26 PM

Great strip Sandy,buzzed around there , from memory though the magnetic heading is 330 I think you had 340.

Yep a heading of 340 will put you off target, took me a bit to find it, but got there, redid the flight with a 330 heading and would have to agree that this is the heading to find it.

Nice work BTW.
Cheers,
Charlie

Posted Image

Acceleration, FS Global, AU Gold, AU Blue, AU Green, OZx, VOX ATC, Various world sceneries
Cessna 172R and SP, Cessna 441 Conquest, Fokker 50, Nemeth Design EC 135 (447967), Bell 206B JetRanger
Saitek Pro Yoke Throttle, Rudder Pedals, Cyborg Evo Force

#10 Camstair

Camstair
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

Forgot about magnetic compass variation from true North - oops. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_redface.gif

The hangers are lit Ken and the wheatfield is long gone. There are now some autogen trees too. Maybe you are still using the old version of the files and haven't enabled the new & disabled the old? I have brightened the screenshot to make the outlines clearer.

Posted Image

#11 JayKae

JayKae
  • Admin
  • 6,763 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:37 PM

I have immediately adjusted the manual accordingly and a new installer is building/uploading now {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif

Posted Image

#12 Camstair

Camstair
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

Thanks Jay and I'm sorry for the wrong bearing. Now I'm worried that the Trossachs are full of lost Aussie Cessnas running out of fuel....

{SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif Sandy

#13 kman

kman
  • Registered
  • 1,610 posts
  • Interests:apart from flying, fly fishing, virtual sailing, repaints, would love to learn how to create some of these incredable freeware airports

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:46 PM

I landed in apaddock nearby and asked a local if he knew the way, but I dinna understand he's directions, ach, I foond it anyway.
No wheatfield, I loved that wheatfield, I'll download again cheers

#14 JayKae

JayKae
  • Admin
  • 6,763 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

T'is ok mate {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif Pssst, make an announcement of the release of your scenery mate ! {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_wink.gif

Posted Image

#15 Camstair

Camstair
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

The thing with the wheat field was that it was from instant scenery & I guessed it would not change colour with the seasons, although I didn't test it to see. You're correct though about the black blotches - I'll just claim them as haggis spoor.

Sandy

#16 Camstair

Camstair
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:50 PM

T'is ok mate {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif Pssst, make an announcement of the release of your scenery mate ! {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_wink.gif

{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif ok ok - I'm just making a new screenie to go with it !

#17 kman

kman
  • Registered
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:27 PM

welcome to the ranks of Developer Sandy, you of course now know that we expect heads down and tails up till you've dotted the countryside with airfields, looking forward to them.
cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users