Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Just to round this thread out, tried Jorge's suggested yaw damper value of 100 (from P3D forum), and the AP works a treat. 

And Matt, if it ain't too much trouble, could you PM me the fixed wing AP you mentioned on the LM forum ?  I've a few planes it would work well with.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, tom said:

Just to round this thread out, tried Jorge's suggested yaw damper value of 100 (from P3D forum), and the AP works a treat. 

And Matt, if it ain't too much trouble, could you PM me the fixed wing AP you mentioned on the LM forum ?  I've a few planes it would work well with.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

PM sent, any questions we will do via PM

Hello,

I have installed this new gauge, I can popup the gauge BUT when gauge available I do NOT understand how to activate and use it when the Heli is on the runway.

Thanks in advance

Emile the AP is like any other AP , it will help when the Helo is in flight by maintaining a geading an altitude or a speed , the AP does not work on the ground., so , you start your flight , find your bearing and set it in the AP , decide on ALT  and SPD  when you are near this values engage the AP and the Hleo will fly by itself guide by the AP.

Jorge

Great work on finding and fine tuning the gauge! Has anyone played around with placing it within the virtual cockpit? Is it possible with this .swf? 

Edited by thommoj

We will have to learn sooner than later as the Flash/Scaleform method is the prefered by LM..

The SDK is not very friendly ...

Jorge

On 2/26/2018 at 5:41 PM, aeronauta said:

yaw_damper_gain=0.000000

and

[autopilot]
autopilot_available=1
flight_director_available=1
default_vertical_speed=700.000000
max_pitch=15.000000
max_bank=20.000000
helo_airspeed_hold=1
yaw_damper_gain=0.000000
nav_proportional_control=9.000000
nav_integrator_control=0.250000
nav_derivative_control=0.000000
nav_integrator_boundary=2.500000
nav_derivative_boundary=0.000000
gs_proportional_control=90.0000
gs_integrator_control=0.260000
gs_derivative_control=0.000000
gs_integrator_boundary=0.700000
gs_derivative_boundary=0.000000
autothrottle_available=0
autothrottle_arming_required=0
autothrottle_takeoff_ga=0
autothrottle_max_rpm=0.0
pitch_takeoff_ga=8.000000
max_pitch_acceleration=1.000000
max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt=2.000000
max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt=1.500000
max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt_breakpoint=20000.000000
max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt_breakpoint=28000.000000
max_bank_acceleration=1.800000
max_bank_velocity=3.000000
max_throttle_rate=0.100000
yaw_slip_control_gain=0.000000
yaw_control_uses_trim=0.000000

[yaw_string]
yaw_string_available=0

Jorge

Hi Jorge/Matt-

I just got this up and running in the Milviz MD530. Took a bit of doing as the GTN750 option seems to create it's own panel folder. Anyway, part of this process for me was to compare the MD530 panel folder(s) with other helis. What I couldn't figure out on my own was the meaning of the //----------------------------- that I found in some panel folders but not others. Is this a demarcation between certain sections or an indicator of some type that is used in some instances but not others?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark , good find , I have the MD530 so I will give it a try, the //---- or //  anything is a comment character , anything after it up to the end of line  is a comment .

Most of P3D cfg files use it , if you have an entry you want to temporarily remove , just put // in front and done ..

I use it when I want to change values like say  "yaw_damper_gain=0.000000" i do  yaw_damper_gain= 100.00  // 0.000000  then I don't lose the original value..

Jorge

Thanks Jorge.

Also, I enabled the GTN750 option so the WindowXX edit needs to go in that particular panel folder, not any of the others. You probably already know this. Anyway, took me a boatload of trying to figure that out last night but did it this morning and that AP works beautifully in that chopper. The sound set is unlike anything I've ever heard. Those Milviz guys....I'll tell ya!

14 hours ago, Newtie said:

Thanks Jorge.

Also, I enabled the GTN750 option so the WindowXX edit needs to go in that particular panel folder, not any of the others. You probably already know this. Anyway, took me a boatload of trying to figure that out last night but did it this morning and that AP works beautifully in that chopper. The sound set is unlike anything I've ever heard. Those Milviz guys....I'll tell ya!

I will pass on your complements to rest of MD500 team

Hi Matt-

I flew with your AP this morning (KSTS > O60) and it works perfectly, thank you. I've always liked helicopters but I've steered away from helicopters because you have to actually fly them :laugh:

Anyway, the AP helps a lot for the short and long hops. I plan to fly between ORBX NorCal airports which will be a blast.

Regarding Milviz, they don't create aircraft, it's art. I buy all their stuff whether I fly it regularly or not. I like just looking at it :smile:

Cheers,

Mark

well you wil be pleased to know there are several projects underway that have or not been publicly announced which you may like both fixed and not 

Anyone been able to assign keyboard entries to the AP functions?  I would like to do this so I can configure Voice Commands to control the AP.

Danny

Hi Jorge-

Quick question. I took a hop in the MD530 this morning and noticed something odd. Everything works fine after engaging AP except for roll. The ac, while following a heading either with the GTN750 or just with the AP, is tilted slightly to the right (roll) but tracking correctly. I thought this might be due to weather pushing the copter but I disabled that and the problem remains. Have you seen this? 

When I get home I'll add the AP to the R22 and see if it's aircraft specific. Thought I would run this by you in the mean time.

Cheers,

Mark

This always  been a problem with autopliots both in fsx and p3d and your not only one to raise it, many models have the same issue

Dirks fsx ap displayed the same issue

Some helos are affected more than others cerasim, neneth, milviz and others

To be honest noone has really looked into it and tried to understand why even adjusting the COG has no effect

It might very well be the counter action to the rotor torque, or it could be the limitations of the code as both ap fixed and rotory use bank for heading adjustments personally i would say the later of the 2 as it does happen in tandem rottor model ie ch46 and 47

On 3/28/2018 at 6:15 PM, aeronauta said:

Danny , it responds to the default AP controls so it would be easy...may be?

Jorge

Does it?  I haven't been able to get it to respond to the default AP control assignments.  I'll try again.

Danny

Can anyone with the Milviz 530F share their working cfg with me.   The default one seems to Max out my TOT win AP is engage.  Been getting lots of practice in Autorotation lately. LOL. 

:o

15 hours ago, FireRx said:

Bump??

Im aware however, just preoccupied with other things

Jorge has it in the 530, it might pay to send him a message, as I dont have the 530 installed at the moment and need to get the latest version from the beta forums to test it

On 23/03/2018 at 6:47 AM, aeronauta said:

Hi Mark , good find , I have the MD530 so I will give it a try, the //---- or //  anything is a comment character , anything after it up to the end of line  is a comment .

Most of P3D cfg files use it , if you have an entry you want to temporarily remove , just put // in front and done ..

I use it when I want to change values like say  "yaw_damper_gain=0.000000" i do  yaw_damper_gain= 100.00  // 0.000000  then I don't lose the original value..

Jorge

however im aware that the 407 and 530 if your rpm is in the red it causes engine failure

so with out even looking im suggesting, reducing in small increments in the following lines,

max_bank_acceleration=1.800000
max_throttle_rate=0.100000

Another option is not setting your airspeed or VS so high and allow the helo conserve the rpm, since no other p3d helo has engine failure like the 407 or 530, this is a unique scenario, this problem will arise again "when" dodosim update their 206

hey Matt,

I figured it out. I used that R22 version in the aircraft config. and it works great now. Thank you .  An yes I did exactly that on the RPMs. Both the 407 and 530 fly fine now

:smile: