Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Please find the attached Zip file and with a working P3D v4.2 code for the autopilot 2d pop window for helicopters written by Lockheed Martin

1. This a very basic file, it was a part of the SDK however most would over look it or are not aware that it exists.
  2. This is the new p3d v4.2 code and gauge  that runs like Dirks HAP not a  3rd party addon that runs external to the sim,  it runs the same way Dirks old one did.
  • Just remember to go into the joystick/keyboard controls and assign a key or button to toggle nav/gps, this way you can enter your airport, then toggle gps with the keystroke or button, then select nav on the AP and it will fly you to your GPS position automatically and then circle that spot on arrival, or fly a gps plotted flight plan using the flight programmer.
  • Otherwise you will need to manually edit the heading as you fly and continue to monitor it however it will over fly the final way point and keep flying on that heading, if you toggle nav/gps its fly and forget and you will have the freedom to get up and move around, have a nap, watch tv etc etc
  • All Support should be sort via LM forums as they are the code writers.

It has only been tested on a full update of v4.2 &  not been tested on a system that has only the client updated as the new helicopter coding is contained in the content update files.

Thanks for this file.  I have installed it and it works pretty well.  Couple of questions if you have time.  Does this AP have the capability to hover and move forward/backward, side to side like the last Dirk AP?  When I activate the AP I get a constant oscillation left/right of the helo, any idea what is causing that?

Danny

1 hour ago, RCFlyer said:

Thanks for this file.  I have installed it and it works pretty well.  Couple of questions if you have time.  Does this AP have the capability to hover and move forward/backward, side to side like the last Dirk AP?  When I activate the AP I get a constant oscillation left/right of the helo, any idea what is causing that?

Danny

Does this AP have the capability to hover and move forward/backward, side to side like the last Dirk AP?  No just hover and hover at a heading

When I activate the AP I get a constant oscillation left/right of the helo, any idea what is causing that? The Yaw entry in the Autopilot entry in the Aircraft.cfg

**All support should be sort via the LM forums regarding their code and additional feature requests.

Thanks for the response Matt.  I got the oscillation sorted out.  The yaw entry was in the autopilot config, but, a couple other autopilot parameters were not.  Once I entered those things were stable.

Regards,

Danny

Edited by RCFlyer

yaw_damper_gain=0.000000

and

[autopilot]
autopilot_available=1
flight_director_available=1
default_vertical_speed=700.000000
max_pitch=15.000000
max_bank=20.000000
helo_airspeed_hold=1
yaw_damper_gain=0.000000
nav_proportional_control=9.000000
nav_integrator_control=0.250000
nav_derivative_control=0.000000
nav_integrator_boundary=2.500000
nav_derivative_boundary=0.000000
gs_proportional_control=90.0000
gs_integrator_control=0.260000
gs_derivative_control=0.000000
gs_integrator_boundary=0.700000
gs_derivative_boundary=0.000000
autothrottle_available=0
autothrottle_arming_required=0
autothrottle_takeoff_ga=0
autothrottle_max_rpm=0.0
pitch_takeoff_ga=8.000000
max_pitch_acceleration=1.000000
max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt=2.000000
max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt=1.500000
max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt_breakpoint=20000.000000
max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt_breakpoint=28000.000000
max_bank_acceleration=1.800000
max_bank_velocity=3.000000
max_throttle_rate=0.100000
yaw_slip_control_gain=0.000000
yaw_control_uses_trim=0.000000

[yaw_string]
yaw_string_available=0

Jorge

Thanks Jorge .... I'm just trying to get it to work in the Robinson for starters. I've plonked the "Autopilot" folder in the Robinson Panel folder as per Matt's readme text, and changed the Autopilot entry in the aircraft config file as in the readme text and your post above, but I can't seem to get it to start, or even appear.

I'm obviously missing something..... should the change have been in the panel config file?? 

Please be gentle, .... I'm coming back into all this after an absence, and undoubtedly with fewer brain cells still operating LOL!

Cheers

at the bottom of the read me file

3, Add or amend panel.cfg to reflect

WindowXX=AP

//------------------------------------------------
[WindowXX]
SCALEFORM_FILE = Autopilot\Autopilot.swf
ident=MISC_POPUP_4
size_mm=700,128
pixel_size=700,128
background_color = 0,0,0
window_size=1.0,1.0
position=0
visible=0

Doh!!!! Knew I must have missed something .....my bad!!  Will have another go.

Thanks for that Matt .... sorry to be a pest.

PS Love your stuff.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, tom said:

sorry to be a pest.

Far from it Tom,  and your welcomed

I couldve written a war and peace  read me file or sourced a self installer, but i didnt,  here, there are some people who really have no idea and are pests with their overnight self taught knowledge base.

plus ive been guilty of not reading read me files on more than several thousand occasions

14 hours ago, RCFlyer said:

Thanks for the response Matt.  I got the oscillation sorted out.  The yaw entry was in the autopilot config, but, a couple other autopilot parameters were not.  Once I entered those things were stable.

Regards,

Danny

That would be my bad, it does respond differently to each helo, ive only had a look on a few, i was finding the oscillations at slower speeds with some and none with others, I really havent had too much of play recently, i was just looking at basic integration for now with improvements as I go when time permits to cfg inputs, Im glad you got it sorted, and there is always Jorge as well who knows cfg coding who I would suggest to hound in my absence

I used the new MH-60R AP settings as a base template as the SDK  Helo panel folder was based around the Romeo, as the many of the old FSX autopilot settings I used for Dirks AP I found I had adverse reactions with this gauge, I havent spent as much time on it as I would've liked, but like everything new, its a case of the need to edit the shit out of it until it breaks and start again till you find that sweet spot. Just like Dirks old AP

As for the hover adjustments, I have looked at dirks AP and its 32bit and hes not contactable, so there is no way of porting it into v4, I was in the process of writing a xml base code myself which was about 60% complete with basic heading and alt hold settings working, but this came out and it has more features than I had written, and theres no point racing a retarded horse (family guy reference)

If people jump on LM forums as request for additional features for the AP, LM might listen and update the gauge

Hi again Matt. You've encouraged me to persevere..... actually I am a stickler for reading read me texts, my sin here was neglecting to scroll to the bottom.

However, I still can't get this thing to work, or appear. I chose the Robinson to start on, as it's the simplest little focker (oops chopper). I think I've done everything, but obviously not. I put the window in the panel cfg as "Window09"(the next in sequence), but when hitting the shift 1 thru shift 8 keys all goes well, but shift 9 says nothing is mapped, and that autopilot is window "10"? , with no key mapped.   The Robinson doesn't seem to have a nav/gps key to map. Swapped window 9 for window 8, and can get it to show up as a black rectangle.   

Just a thought... I updated 4.1 to 4.2 with "client" and "content", but did I have to activate the new chopper capability?

Anyhow, I would really appreciate  guidance if you or anyone has the time, otherwise I will continue to get my jollies from flying these beasts manually.

Cheers.

try remapping the panel cfg to something otherwise than panel09 or greater, Ive sent you my panel folder for the R66

try this

Panel.zip

just a quick one, at the top of the panel cfg there is a few lines called window tiles, did you add the line to that

anyway also attached the stock blackhawk panel folder for you to have a look at as well

H-60 (Virtavia) panel.zip

Your panel folder has got it up and running, though I have Danny's oscillation problem. I'll have to study your panel versus mine to improve my knowledge of these things. I'll work on sorting out how to use it now, before maybe tackling the potentially more challenging task of inserting it in the Milviz Huey.

Thanks muchly for your assistance ...... greatly appreciated.  Cheers.

I can send you the cfgs if you struggle

if you make the adjustments as Jorge has posted you should be right

no, every helo will be the same, its just a case of which one oscillates or not

if they do, use jorges adjustment,

i haven't had a chance to check all my helos in flight yet

Me again - got it all working  except for these goddam oscillations.

With Jorge's mods and yaw damping reset to "0", the oscillations are huge, probably up to 80 degrees left and right of heading, and low frequency.

Tried it back at "1" .... much smaller, probably 10 to 20 degrees either side but higher frequency.

Tried "2",..... tiny oscillations, less than 10 degrees but very high frequency.  Should I keep pushing it up until they're so small and high frequency that they're indiscernible ??...... or are there other adjustments that could work better?

I wonder what Danny did to rid them.

Cheers

try with with the r22 (I have a very smooth flight)

[autopilot]
autopilot_available=1
max_pitch=15.000000
max_bank=20.000000
helo_airspeed_hold=1
yaw_damper_gain=0.000000
autothrottle_available=1
autothrottle_max_rpm=90.000000
yaw_slip_control_gain=1.000000

[yaw_string]
yaw_string_available=0

Finally got back to my computer. To address the tailwagging issue I put/adjusted the following entries in the AP config section:

default_pitch_mode=2

default_bank_mode=2

ya_slip_control_gain=1.000000

Things are better/good with these settings.  I am using the Cerasim UH-60.

Danny

Hi i try on the EH101

// EH101

[Window Titles]
Window02=GPS
Window03=Minipanel
Window04=AP
//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=456,378
position=8
visible=0
ident=GPS_PANEL
window_size=0.5

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500,  0,0

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window03]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=456,378
position=7
visible=1
ident=MINIPANEL
window_size=0.4,0.4
alpha_blend=0.7

gauge00=EH101!EH101_MFD,0,0,456,378, PFD

//------------------------------------------------
[Window04]
SCALEFORM_FILE = Autopilot\Autopilot.swf
ident=MISC_POPUP_4
size_mm=700,128
pixel_size=700,128
background_color = 0,0,0
window_size=1.0,1.0
position=0
visible=0

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$EH101_01

gauge00=EH101!EH101_MFD,6,7,280,230, PFD
gauge01=EH101!EH101_MFD,293,7,280,230, MFD
gauge02=EH101!EH101_EICAS,6,243,350,256, LEFT
gauge03=EH101!EH101_EICAS,6,507,350,256, RIGHT
gauge04=EH101!EH101_DEFIG,361,243,210,115
gauge05=EH101_map!radio,588,335,190,240    
gauge06=EH101_map!radio,805,335,190,240
gauge07=eh101_map!eh101_map,579,7,425,320
gauge08=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_gear,  1,1,1,1 //shockwave light

[fltsim.0]
title=AMC AgustaWestland EH101
sim=EH101
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
kb_checklists=EH101_check
kb_reference=EH101_ref
atc_id=N332
atc_airline=AIR FORCE
ui_manufacturer="AgustaWestland"
ui_type="EH101"
ui_variation="RAF"
ui_typerole="Giravion"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="Cet hélicoptère polyvalent capable de soulever des charges moyennes est utilisé lors de missions civiles et militaires par plusieurs pays. Conjointement fabriqué par Agusta en Italie, et Westland Aircraft au Royaume-Uni, le EH101 fait office de plate-forme d'armes, de transporteur de passager, d'ambulance aérienne, de véhicule de recherche et de transport, et de transporteur de fret."

[fltsim.1]
title=AMC AgustaWestland EH101 1
sim=EH101
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=1
kb_reference=EH101_ref
atc_id=N88D
ui_type="EH101"
ui_variation="Civil"
ui_typerole="Giravion"
description="Cet hélicoptère polyvalent capable de soulever des charges moyennes est utilisé lors de missions civiles et militaires par plusieurs pays. Conjointement fabriqué par Agusta en Italie, et Westland Aircraft au Royaume-Uni, le EH101 fait office de plate-forme d'armes, de transporteur de passager, d'ambulance aérienne, de véhicule de recherche et de transport, et de transporteur de fret."

[fltsim.2]
title=AMC AgustaWestland EH101 2
sim=EH101
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=2
kb_reference=EH101_ref
atc_id=N887
atc_airline=GARDE-CÔTES
ui_type="EH101"
ui_variation="Garde-côtes américains"
ui_typerole="Giravion"

[fltsim.3]
title=AMC AgustaWestland EH101 3
sim=EH101
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=3
kb_reference=EH101_ref
atc_id=207
ui_type="EH101"
ui_variation="Douane américaine"
ui_typerole="Giravion"

[fltsim.4]
title=AMC AgustaWestland EH101 4
sim=EH101
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=4
kb_reference=EH101_ref
atc_id=n445
atc_airline=NAVY
ui_type="EH101"
ui_variation="US Navy"
ui_typerole="Giravion"

[fltsim.5]
title=AMC AgustaWestland EH101 5
sim=EH101
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=5
kb_reference=EH101_ref
atc_id=OY-HMS
ui_type="EH101"
ui_variation="Rechercher et sauvetage Danemark"
ui_typerole="Giravion"

[fltsim.6]
title=AMC AgustaWestland EH101 6
sim=EH101
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=6
kb_reference=EH101_ref
atc_id=N119
atc_airline=AIR FORCE
ui_type="EH101"
ui_variation="Réserve de l'USAF"
ui_typerole="Giravion"

[fltsim.7]
title=AMC AgustaWestland EH101 7
sim=EH101
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=7
kb_reference=EH101_ref
atc_id=N099
atc_airline=AIR FORCE
ui_type="EH101"
ui_variation="USAF"
ui_typerole="Giravion"

[fltsim.8]
title=AMC AgustaWestland EH101 8
sim=EH101
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=8
kb_reference=EH101_ref
atc_id=N001
atc_airline=ARMÉE
ui_type="EH101"
ui_variation="Opérations spéciales"
ui_typerole="Giravion"

[fltsim.9]
title=AMC AgustaWestland EH101 9
sim=EH101
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=9
kb_reference=EH101_ref
atc_id=N556
atc_airline=ARMÉE
ui_type="EH101"
ui_variation="Armée portugaise"
ui_typerole="Giravion"

[fltsim.10]
title=AMC AgustaWestland EH101 10
sim=EH101
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=10
kb_reference=EH101_ref
atc_id=JAOIMP
ui_type="EH101"
ui_variation="Police de Tokyo"
ui_typerole="Giravion"

[fltsim.11]
title=AMC AgustaWestland EH101 11
sim=EH101
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=11
kb_reference=EH101_ref
atc_id=221
atc_airline=AIR FORCE
ui_type="EH101"
ui_variation="RCAF"
ui_typerole="Giravion"

[fltsim.12]
title=AMC AgustaWestland EH101 12
sim=EH101
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=12
kb_reference=EH101_ref
atc_id=221
ui_type="EH101"
ui_variation="Livrée blanche"
ui_typerole="Giravion"

[fltsim.13]
title=AMC AgustaWestland EH101 RCAF_2
sim=EH101
model=
panel=""
sound=
texture=RCAF_2
kb_reference=EH101_ref
atc_id=CAFV2
ui_type="EH101v2"
ui_variation="RCAF-Dirty Bird"
ui_typerole="Rotorcraft"
description="This versatile medium-lift helicopter is in use for both civilian and military missions in several countries throughout the world. Built by a joint venture between Agusta of Italy and Westland Aircraft in the UK, the EH101 serves as a weapons platform, passenger carrier, air ambulance, search a rescue vehicle, and cargo hauler."

[General]
atc_type=AGUSTA
atc_model=EH10
performance="Maximum Speed\t\n167 kts       309 km\/h\n\nCruise Speed\t\n150 kts        278 km\/h\n\nEngines\t\n3 Rolls-Royce Turbomeca RTM 322\n\nMain Rotor\t\nFive-blade, 61.10 ft diameter        18.6 m\n\nEmpty Weight\t\n14,963 lb        6,787 kg\n\nMaximum Gross Weight\t\n34,392 lb        15,600 kg\n\nLength\t\n64 ft        19.53 m\n\nHeight\t\n15.42 ft        4.70 m\n\nSeating\t\n2\n\nRated Load (hoist)\t\n600 lb        272 kg\n\nRated Load (sling)\t\n10,000        4,536 kg\n\nMaximum Payload Weight\t\n11,905 lb        5,400 kg"
editable=0
Category = Helicopter

[CameraDefinition.0]
Title = "Landing Gear"
Guid = {96873AAD-621B-4C45-8A58-DEF7B7FCB051}
Description = View of the landing gear and left wing inboard flaps
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = .52
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = -2.3, -1.2, -7
InitialPbh = 0, 0, 13
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=TRUE
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.1]
Title = "Tail"
Guid = {5c1df273-034b-4e7f-953a-9d5e26f1646c}
Description = Looking forward from behind the aircraft
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = .75
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 0, 3, -25.0
InitialPbh = 5, 0, 0
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=TRUE
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.2]
Title = "Right Wing"
Guid = {C690EAFD-223A-42d0-99E0-681ADF93BB59}
Description = View from the right wing tip looking at the cockpit
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.5
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 20.0, 1.6, 0.0
InitialPbh = 6, 0, 280
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect = FALSE
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.3]
Title = "Left Wing"
Guid = {f25dfa2e-fd2e-4b89-81e2-0575cbcb60de}
Description = View from the left wing tip looking at the cockpit
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.5
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = -20.0, 1.6, 0.0
InitialPbh = 6, 0, 80
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect = No
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.4]
Title = "Hoist"
Guid = {B88B45A4-D4CB-4c5f-95CD-7FB511868963}
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.5
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 2.6, 2.4, -1.6
InitialPbh = 85, 350, 350
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect = FALSE
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.5]
Title = "Top"
Guid = {1A3100BE-955D-4b88-8BBB-210225631DC6}
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.8
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 5.5, 25.0, -1.6
InitialPbh = 90, 340, 340
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect = FALSE
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.6]
Title = "Slingload"
Guid = {1A3190BE-955D-4b88-8BBB-210225631DC6}
Description = View 60 feet below the helicopter looking forward
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.8
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 0.0, -17.0, -35.0
InitialPbh = 0, 0, 0
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect = FALSE
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.7]
Title = "Fixed Spot"
Guid = {94695C59-97C7-4f1b-ADAE-908CDFD10A27}
Description = This is the description of the spot view.
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = FixedChase
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = FALSE
Transition = Yes
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category = Outside
ClipMode = Spot
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0

[CameraDefinition.001]
Title = "Left Seat"
Guid = {8ff6c134-098d-409f-baec-caba3f683f98}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = YES
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = .6
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=100
HeadingPanRate=100
InitialXyz=-1.3, 0.0, 0.0
InitialPbh=2, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.002]
Title = "Center Console"
Guid = {4B8BEE17-EB6C-42c9-BDC4-28A31364680D}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.7
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=-0.65, 0.2, -0.4
InitialPbh=48.0, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.003]
Title = "Overhead Panel"
Guid = {E153F994-4F5A-4982-865C-3C9C8E964048}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.3
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=-0.65, 0.1, -0.4
InitialPbh=-56.0, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.004]
Title = "Map"
Guid = {827A0F00-69CD-4fdc-8E9D-A0EBC3AE953C}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = No
SnapPbhAdjust = None
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = None
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.9
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=-1.08, -0.36, 0.3
InitialPbh=7.0, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.005]
Title = "Side Door"
Guid = {222921D1-DDF1-4deb-93E1-791BE12FE7AB}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = YES
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = .6
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=80
HeadingPanRate=80
InitialXyz=-0.8, 0.4, -4.2
InitialPbh=19, 0, 110

[CameraDefinition.006]
Title = "Rear Door"
Guid = {9A2A4D53-3090-4b10-B0C2-2FFDF4065E86}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = YES
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = .6
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=80
HeadingPanRate=80
InitialXyz=0.0, 0.25, -7.5
InitialPbh=25, 0, 190

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
max_gross_weight = 34392                         // (pounds)
empty_weight = 14963                             // (pounds)

reference_datum_position     =  30.5, 0.0, -3.0   // (feet) distance from FlightSim Reference position: (1/4 chord, centerline, waterline)
empty_weight_CG_position     = -31.5, 0.0,  6.0   // (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from specified datum

max_number_of_stations = 50

station_load.0 = 170, -16.2, -2.7, 2.3            //     Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.1 = 170, -16.2,  2.7, 2.3            //     Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.2 =   0, -26.4,  0.0, 0.0            //     Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.3 =   0, -30.1,  0.0, 0.0            //     Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.4 =   0, -33.4,  0.0, 0.0            //     Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.5 =   0, -38.0,  0.0, 0.0            //     Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)

station_name.0 = "Co-Pilot"    
station_name.1 = "Pilot"       
station_name.2 = "Passenger 1"
station_name.3 = "Passenger 2"
station_name.4 = "Passenger 3"
station_name.5 = "Baggage"     

;Moments of Inertia
empty_weight_pitch_MOI   = 160000
empty_weight_roll_MOI    =  70000
empty_weight_yaw_MOI     = 150000
empty_weight_coupled_MOI =     0

[GeneralEngineData]
engine_type = 3                                 //0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=Turboprop
Engine.0 = -37.0, -4.0, 9.0                       //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum
Engine.1 = -41.0,  0.0, 9.0                       //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum
Engine.2 = -37.0,  4.0, 9.0                       //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum
fuel_flow_scalar= 1.0                           //Fuel flow scalar
min_throttle_limit =  0.0;                      //Minimum percent throttle.  Generally negative for turbine reverser

[TurbineEngineData]
fuel_flow_gain          = 0.011                 //Gain on fuel flow
inlet_area              = 1.0                   //Square Feet, engine nacelle inlet area
rated_N2_rpm            = 20974                 //RPM, second stage compressor rated value
static_thrust           = 0                     //Lbs, max rated static thrust at Sea Level

[turboshaft_engine]
power_scalar            = 1.0                   //Scalar on Turboprop power
maximum_torque          = 1335                  //Maximum torque available (ft-lbs)
rated_shaft_hp          = 2263                  //rated HP of shaft
PowerSpecificFuelConsumption = 0.80             //Brake power specific fuel consumption (turboshaft only)

[Helicopter]
reference_length       = 74.1   
reference_frontal_area = 125.0
reference_side_area    = 308
side_aero_center       = -38.0
lift_aero_center       = -34.0
right_trim_scalar      = 0.0
correlator_available   = 0
governed_pct_rpm_ref   = 1.0
governor_pid = 0.25, 0, 0.9, 0.01, 0.15
rotor_brake_scalar     = 10.0
torque_scalar          = 20.0
tail_rotor_translating_scalar = 0.5
cyclic_roll_control_scalar  =1.5
cyclic_pitch_control_scalar =2.0
pedal_control_scalar        =0.4
collective_on_rotor_torque_scalar = 0.4

[fuselage_aerodynamics]
drag_force_cf      = 0.52
side_drag_force_cf = 10.0
pitch_damp_cf      = -4.0
pitch_stability_cf = 0.5
roll_damp_cf       = -6.0
yaw_damp_cf        = -0.8
yaw_stability_cf   = 0.27

[MainRotor]
Position = -30.5, 0, 13.9                       //Longitudinal, Lateral, Vertical feet from datum
Radius   = 30.51                               //feet
max_disc_angle = 7.0
static_pitch_angle = 4
static_bank_angle = 0
RatedRpm = 210
Number_of_blades = 5
Weight_per_blade = 286.0
inflow_vel_reference = 56.0
weight_to_moi_factor=0.577000

[SecondaryRotor]
Position = -67.6, -3.7, 11.6                    //Longitudinal, Lateral, Vertical feet from datum
TailRotor = 1
Radius   = 6.56                                 //feet

[Sling.0]
hoist_extend_rate = 5               //Feet per second
hoist_retract_rate = -5             //Feet per second
position = -34.7, 6.7, 7.0          //Feet from datum
max_stretch = 2.0                   //Max stretch distance at ultimate load
damping_ratio = 0.6                 //0 for no damping to 1.0 for critically damped.
rated_load    = 600                 //Characteristics tension of cable in pounds
ultimate_load = 2250                //Breaking force in pounds
tolerance_angle=45                  //Angle, in degrees, used to determine lateral breaking force limit
auto_pickup_range = 8              //Max Range, in feet, for auto-pickup
auto_pickup_max_speed = 8.5         //Maximum speed (feet per second) for auto-pickup
hoist_payload_station = 4           //Payload station in which the hoist will load in and out of. 1 is first station.
hoist_door=2                    //Door associated with hoist.  Must be open for use.

[Sling.1]
position = -30.5, 0.0, 0.0          //Feet from datum
max_stretch = 2.0                   //Max stretch distance at ultimate load
damping_ratio = 0.75                 //0 for no damping to 1.0 for critically damped.
rated_load    = 10000                 //Characteristics tension of cable in pounds
ultimate_load = 25000                //Breaking force in pounds
tolerance_angle=70                  //Angle, in degrees, used to determine lateral breaking force limit
auto_pickup_range = 8              //Max Range, in feet, for auto-pickup
auto_pickup_max_speed = 8.5         //Maximum speed (feet per second) for auto-pickup

[electrical]
max_battery_voltage = 24.0
generator_alternator_voltage = 28.0
max_generator_alternator_amps = 60.0

//0  Class                        <0=none,1=wheel, 2=scrape, 3=skid>
        //1  Longitudinal Position        (feet)
        //2  Lateral Position             (feet)
        //3  Vertical Position            (feet)
        //4  Impact Damage Threshold      (Feet Per Minute)
        //5  Brake Map                    (0=None, 1=Left, 2=Right)
        //6  Wheel Radius                 (feet)
        //7  Steer Angle                  (degrees)
        //8  Static Compression           (feet)  (0 if rigid)
        //9  Max/Static Compression Ratio
        //10 Damping Ratio                (0=Undamped, 1=Critically Damped)---
        //11 Extension Time               (seconds)
        //12 Retraction Time              (seconds)
        //13 Sound Type
        //14 Airspeed limit for retraction     (KIAS)
        //15 Airspeed that gear gets damage at (KIAS)

[contact_points]
;gear
point.0=1,  -14.10,   0.00, -4.60, 2100, 0, 0.5187,75.0, 0.50, 1.7, 0.6, 3.0, 3.0, 7.0, 0.0, 0.0
point.1=1,  -37.70,  -6.37, -4.40, 3500, 1, 0.5187, 0.0, 0.900, 1.2, 0.6, 3.3, 3.3, 7.0, 0.0, 0.0
point.2=1,  -37.70,   6.37, -4.40, 3500, 2, 0.5187, 0.0, 0.900, 1.2, 0.6, 3.8, 3.8, 7.0, 0.0, 0.0
;bottom
point.3=2,  -10.00,  -4.00, -3.00,  800, 0, 0.0000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.0, 4.0, 0.0, 0.0
point.4=2,  -10.00,   4.00, -3.00,  800, 0, 0.0000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.0, 4.0, 0.0, 0.0
point.5=2,  -46.00,  -6.50, -3.00,  800, 0, 0.0000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.0, 4.0, 0.0, 0.0
point.6=2,  -46.00,   6.50, -3.00,  800, 0, 0.0000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.0, 4.0, 0.0, 0.0
;tail
point.7=2,  -74.00,   0.00, 14.00,  800, 0, 0.0000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.0, 4.0, 0.0, 0.0
point.8=2,  -70.00,   0.00,  3.00, 1600, 0, 0.0000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.0, 4.0, 0.0, 0.0
;rotor
point.9=2,  -32.00, -32.00, 13.00,  800, 0, 0.0000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.0, 5.0, 0.0, 0.0
point.10=2, -32.00,  32.00, 13.00,  800, 0, 0.0000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.0, 6.0, 0.0, 0.0
point.11=2,  -3.00,   0.00, 12.00,  800, 0, 0.0000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.000000, 0.0, 0.0, 9.0, 0.0, 0.0

static_pitch = 1.27
static_cg_height = 7.0
gear_system_type=1           //Hydraulic

[brakes]
parking_brake = 1       //Parking brake available
toe_brakes_scale = 0.7  //Brake scalar
auto_brakes = 0

[hydraulic_system]
normal_pressure = 3000.0    //PSI
engine_map      = 1,1,1     //pumps on Eng1,2,3

[Views]
eyepoint = -16.5, 2.2, 4.7

[Radios]
// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope
Audio.1       = 1
Com.1         = 1, 1
Com.2         = 1, 1
Nav.1         = 1, 1, 1
Nav.2         = 1, 1, 0
Adf.1         = 1
Transponder.1 = 1
Marker.1      = 1

[keyboard_response]
//Breakpoint speeds (knots) on the keyboard increments of control surfaces.
//Speed at which the incremenet is reduced to  1/2 and 1/8 respectively.
//NOTE: These map to cyclic (fore/aft), cyclic (left/right), and anti-torque
elevator = 100,  180
aileron  = 200, 1000
rudder   = 200, 1000

[direction_indicators]
//1 Type: 0=None, 1=Vacuum Gyro, 2=Electric Gyro, 3=Electro-Mag Slaved Compass, 4=Slaved to another
//2 Indicator number of slaving indicator if Type = 4
direction_indicator.0=3,0
direction_indicator.1=3,0

[attitude_indicators]
//Type: 0=None, 1=Vacuum Gyro, 2=Electric Gyro
attitude_indicator.0 = 2
attitude_indicator.1 = 2

[turn_indicators]
//Type: 0=None, 1=Electric Gyro, 2= Vacuum Gyro
turn_indicator.0=1,0
turn_indicator.1=1,0

[pneumatic_system]
max_pressure=18.000000
bleed_air_scalar=1.000000

[Auxiliary Power Unit]
available = 1

[pitot_static]
vertical_speed_time_constant = 1                //Increasing this value will cause a more instantaneous reaction in the VSI
pitot_heat = 1.0    //Scalar on heat effectiveness, 0 = not available

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin
light.0 = 3, -37.10, -7.80, -0.10,  fx_shockwave_navred ,
light.1 = 3, -37.10,  8.00, -0.10,  fx_shockwave_navgre ,
light.2 = 3, -74.4, -1.60, 13.30,  fx_shockwave_navwhi_l ,
light.3 = 1, -38.35,  2.80, -1.40,  fx_shockwave_beaconb_lowl ,
light.4 = 2,  -38.35,  3.25, -1.45,  fx_shockwave_strobe ,
light.5 = 2,  -38.35,  2.50, -1.45,  fx_shockwave_strobe_2 ,
light.6 = 10, -16.00, 0.00, 6.00,  fx_shockwave_vclightgre ,
light.7 = 5, -11.8, 0.0, -1.45, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_double // Shockwave light
light.8 = 5, 10, 0.0, -4, fx_shockwave_landing_light_light // Shockwave light

[EFFECTS]
wake=fx_wake
water=fx_spray
dirt=fx_tchdrt
concrete=fx_sparks
//(Disabled by FSFX_PFX_Effect)touchdown=fx_tchdwn_m, 1
EngineFire=fx_heliFire

touchdown = fsfx_PFX_5451754250764F397544796D3272546754336958544358343536776E706A3862 //FSFX_PFX_Effect
contrail = fsfx_PFX_3263496B6372304972726C58476F30724A6E664249392F32434D38462B313262 //FSFX_PFX_Effect
vaportrail_l = fsfx_PFX_34674C5337767A6562726D55346A5A534B686D646C3251373953557569794639 //FSFX_PFX_Effect
vaportrail_r = fsfx_PFX_34674C5337767A6562726D55346A5A534B686D646C3251373953557569794639 //FSFX_PFX_Effect
SnowEngineWash = fsfx_PFX_3263496B6372304972726D3730684D4C74476972497363777170555745577935 //FSFX_PFX_Effect
WetEngineWash = fsfx_PFX_3263496B6372304972726B7A6C552B343846367461396D6A575165706E564135 //FSFX_PFX_Effect
WheelSnowSpray = fsfx_PFX_77755038474E6775336E5979767345506C385645532B7352474361724F437231 //FSFX_PFX_Effect
WheelWetSpray = fsfx_PFX_77755038474E6775336E61444251543245683042305976514A4C4A684330686B //FSFX_PFX_Effect
SkidPavement = fsfx_PFX_77755038474E6775336E5A6C3231714C4F656D4E4E467A496B396568304E694C //FSFX_PFX_Effect
[exits]
number_of_exits = 3
exit.0 = 0.4    ;Main / Hoist door
exit.1 = 0.17   ;Rear ramp
exit.2 = 0.4    ;Pilot

[fuel]
Center1   = -30.0, 0.0, 2.0, 283.0, 0.0         //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
Center2   = -30.0, 0.0, 2.0, 283.0, 0.0         //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
Center3   = -30.0, 0.0, 2.0, 283.0, 0.0         //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

fuel_type = 2                                   //Fuel type: 1 = Avgas, 2 = JetA
number_of_tank_selectors = 3                    
electric_pump=1
fuel_dump_rate = 0.0167                        //Percent of max quantity per second, i.e. about 1 minute for full fuel

[Reference Speeds]
cruise_speed            = 150.0                 //Knots True (KTAS)
max_indicated_speed     = 167                   //Red line (KIAS)

[autopilot]
//   autopilot_available= 0
//   flight_director_available= 0
autopilot_available=1
max_pitch=15.000000
max_bank=20.000000
helo_airspeed_hold=1
yaw_damper_gain=1.000000
autothrottle_available=1
autothrottle_max_rpm=90.000000
yaw_slip_control_gain=0.000000

[yaw_string]
//  yaw_string_available=1
yaw_string_available=1

[deice_system]
structural_deice_type=0     //0 = None, 1 = Heated Leading Edge, 2 = Bleed Air Boots, 3 = Eng Pump Boots
[vacuum_system]
max_pressure=5.000000
vacuum_type=1
electric_backup_pressure=0.000000
engine_map=1,1,1,1

[CameraDefinition.201]
Title=EZdok Aircraft Universal camera
Guid={D8D67955-2E9B-4e75-9D8B-8EFFBBFAC65B}
Description=Universal camera for EZdok cam utility
Origin=Center
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=FALSE
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=FALSE
Track=None
ShowAxis=FALSE
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=0.40
ShowWeather=Yes
InitialXyz=0,0,0
InitialPbh=10, 0, 0
XyzAdjust=TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=FALSE
ClipMode=Minimum
HotKeySelect=4

and nothing appear ?

i'm in P3DV4.2

thank for help

Patrick

On 24/02/2018 at 3:28 AM, jeansy said:

64Bit P3D v4.2+ Helicopter AutoPilot

Easy to install 64bit Helicopter Autopilot written by LM for P3D v4.2 onwards, all code and credits are by LM

It has only been tested on a full update of v4.2 &  not been tested on a system that has only the client updated as the new helicopter coding is contained in the content update files.

HAP.png

Discussion thread can be found here>

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/24/2018
  • Category
  • Manufacturer
    Lockheed Martin
  • Model
    Helicopters
  • Specifications
    64bit v4.2 onwards

Thank's a lot Jeansy for this grat Add on !!

By the way it doesn' work on my PC....

I have P3D 4.2 and I install this package with you're informations.

I can see the Autopilot gauge but I can't switch the Autopilot ON (the AP SWITCH stay GREY) on the R22.... can you help me please ?

Thank's a lot !

Benjamin

Benjamin, in the R22 there is an entry already for

[autopilot]
autopilot_available= 0
flight_director_available= 0

make sure that you delete this one and only leave the one from Jeansy..

Jorge

Well I've tried everyone's suggestions, .... your last cfg version (Matt) I pasted in, and it seemed to work for a short period, but as soon as I tried to adjust a parameter, the dreaded oscillations came back in. 

At the moment I've got the yaw damper gain set at 20, and the oscillations are micro, less than 1 degree each way, but with a frequency of 80 to 100 /min. This is flyable, but barely, and bloody irritating. 

Any further ideas.  I tried Danny's additions, but couldn't perceive any difference with the Robinson.

I've put everything into the Milviz Huey, but can't get the AP to even appear on screen.

Heaps of potential, just a few bugs to sort out .... and thanks to everyone for your help.

Cheers.

Tom the problem is every cfg is different there is no set cfg so every helo will respond differently

The gauge code was written by LM

the i find the faster the ias over 50kts the more stable the helo is

Try addressing this with lm on thier forums as im not suffering these oscillations and i dont have the time

Another thing have you got autorudder ticked in the settings?