Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

geejo

Parkes Radio Tel

Question

Hi

I've Just downloaded Parkes Airport but there is mention of the Telescope.  This does not appear in my scenery.  Please help.  Thanks

Geejo

8 answers to this question

Did you include the the files of the OZx_Lib that comes with OZx_Parkes_NSW.zip?

If yes you should see the Observatory here:

S32 59 54 and E148 15 49

Edited by Dieter

Hi.  You say to include the files in the OZX lib but where to?.  I've flown to the spot in the sim but there is only a big white circle and trees.  OH, and cars going through it. 
I'm a bit confused by the Readme which says:-

The OZx folder contents need to go into the OZx_Lib folder to ensure all objects are visible.  Do you mean the OZX folder outside the Add-on folder.  THere are 2 of those.  One is just OZX, and another is OZX australia.

Thanks again

Hello geejo,

Inside  OZx_Parkes_NSW.zip (OZx YPKS Parkes NSW 1.0.0 download)  when extracted you will find a folder named "OZx Parkes_NSW" inside that folder you will find 2 folders "OZx_Lib"  &  "Parkes NSW" + YPKS Readme.txt.

You should place the  "Parkes NSW" folder into your Addon Scenery folder.
Then....
Copy the "Scenery & Texture" folders in the OZx_Lib folder of the Parkes package, over to your \OZx\OZx_LIB folder, overwrite if requested.

When you start your sim it will build the data base for those files added to \OZx\OZx_LIB\Scenery & \Texture folders.....

Add Parkes NSW to the FSX Scenery Library in the usual way, leave it above other OZx entries, Activate it by clicking OK to rebuild the database. You should be ready to fly out of YPKS - Parkes to the co-ordinates supplied by Dieter, and find the Radio Telescope and surrounding buildings of the Parkes R/T facility. 

The Parkes Package + Library objects and Textures should all display as intended.

This is what you would see in Summer

114d75de87c1d11ffd00909397622d6b.jpg

Edited by Jethro-VH-JET

Thanks for that reply Jethro. I missed that support thread for Parkes...probably should have answered it as I did do the Parkes scenery...LOL. 

Spot on with the answer.

30 minutes ago, Jethro-VH-JET said:

Ooops, sorry Craig! :oops: I got a little excited, LOL. :laugh::smile: 

I like your Parkes addon very much, the RT facility looks terrific a welcome long lost element is returned to the sim with your scenery.

No...don't be sorry... I just hadn't seen the post iniatilly so I was glad you answered it, so don't think I was having a go at you...that last thing I want to do is stiffel your expertise. Happy for you to answer as many things as you like Jethro.:smile:

Thanks Jethro.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I thought I'd followed your thing to the letter but NO DISH.   Thanks anyway.

Hello Geejo,

Could you indicate which sim you are using please.

It might be one for Craig to look into, but in the meantime could you post a picture of what you are seeing at both YPKS airport from a topdown external view, and also a picture at the location of the Parkes Radio Telescope using the co-ordinates, altitude and mag bearing, in my screenshot. You never know it might indicate what is not present with regard to pre-requisite OZx sceneries or your YPKS installation and active OZx folders. 

Info about posting screenshots below, click the topic title "Do you want to post a screenshot ?"

Edited by Jethro-VH-JET