Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

JayKae

Why is this called 'Hutchie's Hatch' ?

Remember seeing the coverage on the night on Brisbane TV news then having a 'phone call from a mate up the range - couldn't believe it - such a genuine aussie young fella and he was going to be an asset to real life Oz aviation in the future for sure.

Yesterday, 8th May, marked 5 years since young Hutchie's funeral, killed tragically on the 2nd May.

I was just a few months into my membership on this forum and still feeling my way. My memories of Hutchie were mostly of he and his cousin Peter flying the T28 Trojan in tight formation and they would do it for hours. I cant remember ever flying with Hutchie but I can remember a couple of times when Peter joined our Friday night flights where he would swoop in, lock onto a wing and never move. Those two must have spent many a happy hour honing their skills.

These days we have Ants amazing T28 Trojan set which im sure Hutchie would have loved. I know I will be taking a few flights in the T28 this weekend out around Tawoomba.

Tonight we will be holding a OZx formation flight in the Tiger Moth from Mount Brisbane to Hutchie's Memorial Field to mark a very sad occasion.

Gone but not forgot mate.

To Whom It Concerns but please all read,

A long long time ago, in the early run up days of VOZ I ran into an old grumpy man by the name of Jack, Jack Gruschow, he came from Rotorua in New Zealand and in writing was the most terrible man.. or so I thought.

Then one day when we started with multiplayer flights, I spoke to him on Team Speak and he was the loveliest old man one could imagine. We have shared laughs, tears, and every other emotion you can think of over the years. My last 18-20 months have been so hectic that I did not even notice Jack was not around anymore until the other day and a joined effort of the team here has confirmed that Jack has passed on to another place.

Jack's favourite plane to fly was the default green C172

19880524DXNNZNESLowe.jpg

Jack, I will miss you my old friend, you taught me a few life lessons and on occasion I cursed you and ranted at you because you had posted another abrasive post on the forum, but anyone who spoke to you on TeamSpeak fell in love with you.

May your and your wife's soul entwine in the arms of eternity my dear old friend. Finally reunited, I know how much you missed her, I know how much you wanted to be with her again. May you both rest in peace for all eternity and know that at OZx every July 29th will be Jack Gruschow Day.

18 months you have been dead and I did not even know... I am so sorry my friend for not realising you were not here anymore, forgive my oversight. Out of sight perhaps but never out of my heart anymore.

Blue Skies Jack... blue skies my friend and stop fiddling with the f*&king settings Jack !!!!!

Also for tomorrow check this out please everyone:

PS: It would be REALLY AWESOME if one of our painters could make a paint with ZK-JACK of the default Cessna. IF you are interested let me know when you upload it so I can adjust and approve it, please

*sighs* I saw a Moth on TV today and I thought of Hutchie.. you are still missed my young friend, so are you Jack you old grumpy bastard lol oh how I loved talking to you, I did not get enough time to do so ..

May you both rest in peace

This year will be 7 years since we lost young Will (Hutchie). My first impression of him was the he was just another young smart arse that Admins would have to deal with. But over the months he matured and showed us his true colours. For a GOB like me I was wary of him for a while but over time his youthful enthusiasm grew on me and I looked forward to his descriptions of riding from Toowoomba in the T-28.

I must admit that when I heard of his death I shed a tear and raised a glass to his honour. I still use one of his quotes on my SOH signature.

Hope you are enjoying those blue skies Hutchie. RIP mate.

Well said lads, and seconded..Teecee.

PS; Thing I remember most of Jack was his rusty voice and his smokers cough.. he never did give up those fags, right to the end. RIP mates.

Edited by Teecee