Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

JayKae

Why is this called 'Hutchie's Hatch' ?

This is what the forum showed when I closed it for 5 hours in honour of Hutchie, this is for all those new people that did not know him and do not know why the off-topic forum is called Hutchie's Hatch

1242016298.jpg

For more information click here and here.

Young Hutchie joined us over at the VOZ forums on December 4th, 2007 and for a long time has been sporting this signature:

stearmanbannersmall-1.jpg

Chuck Yeager once said "The pilot with the most experience is going to whip your ass, no matter what you were flying- it's that simple".

If Hutchie's parents are reading this by any chance, please accept all of our condolences, your son was a great kid with a kind heart and that reflects on you as parents. We thank you for letting him be with us for the time that we did. He was a good kid in general anyway as far as I could tell, I had to call him into the 'principles office' every once in a while but hey, he was a kid and the future of our hobby, I liked him a lot because he was passionate and enthusiastic about the hobby and aviation in general.

Join me in having a drink ( non-alcoholic one if you are a minor) and having a toast at Hutchie's life and what he meant to others. I am not a religious man by any means but I wish his soul will rest in peace and fly with the greats like Chuck and the great spirit in the sky.

You will be sorely missed Hutchie by all of us, be safe now wherever you are my young friend. Remember Hutchie next time you see your favourite plane guys, Hutchie deserves to be remembered by us. What more can I do or say now? It is that deafening silence in my heart that is killing me now. If you are asking yourself why I care so much, it is pretty simple really, I have kids of my own and I cannot even begin to imagine having to bury one of my children.

With kind and the sadest of regards,

Jay & Family

Hutchie was the only one who could reliably formate from pretty well anywhere in Flightsim. He was also one of the very few whose opinion on a flightmodel really counted. He matured a lot over the past year and was quietly protective of his rowdier cousin Peters. Hutchie was always keen for me to do more strips for the Downs. Well, it's too late but I'll be doing some to the North of the T-bar he would have loved. TS will not be the same without Hutchie and Peters flying formation raucously but out of our earshot in the GA channel.

What a waste of knowledge, enthusiasm and potential.

I miss you. The world was a better place with you in it. It is a poorer place since your passing.

Carpe Diem

I've been away for a couple of weeks, and only caught up with this tragic news today.

Yes a nice tribute Jay, to someone I regarded as a "forum friend", who will be missed by us all.

Condolences to all his near and dear, and may he indeed Rest In Peace.

Thanks guys and just to clarify a little, I chose the word 'hatch' because I associate that with 'birth' so... a start of new beginning, nothing macabre about it :) :) Hutchie deserves the tribute.

Nice one JK, a Nice little Tribute to the lad as ive said i did not know Hutchie in real life only saw him on the forums but what a very well respected young lad he was by all that ive read from other forum members, God Bless you little Flyer.

cheers

Iain.

Though relatively new here at OZx, it saddens me to have logged in - after a few weeks of missing time for it - to read about this fine young lad to have been taken away. The tributes and words I've read definitely show what a fine lad Hutchie was, and I will echo my condolences to the families - and to all of you on the forum as well, for it is always sad when someone passes - but even worse when it is one so young.

May you rest peacefully, Hutchie - knowing that your Mates here and around the world will be forever thinking of you - and wishing you many a fine thermal to help carry you to where your Spirit wishes to go!

With Regards,

I recently became a member of this forum and came across the the thread about this young mans death and it made me very sad. I do not know him but in a way I guess all of us who use these wonderful resources for flight sim (Asutralia) are influenced by this.

The Almighty is with him now and he is at peace.

Edited by ThrottleUp

I joined today and saw the post regarding what happened, it's always sad when someone so young is taken so early but some people can bring so much joy to peoples life's in a short time than some do in a lifetime.

He will live on in the memories of those who new him and will be forever with them.