Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Andrew Hunter-Graham

A2A T-6_North East WA, Kununurra to Lake Argyle

I haven't posted any of my flying antics here before but thought this one might be worthwhile and that others might be interested in checking out the area.

A few years ago I flew from Broome to Darwin in sim and stopped at Kununurra airport. I noticed on the map the huge Lake Argyle and a river leading to or from, just south of the airport so I hopped back in and went for a fly to check it out. From the airport, following the river South,  it runs through open farmland before entering quite a valley, all the way to the Lake (and a pretty sketchy dam wall/lack of). It was an interesting challenge as a low-level flying area with the aircraft barely climbing above 400ft.

Just recently I took the A2A T-6 through, although faster more agile aircraft are a great challenge. The scenery is ORBX AU and I snapped a few shots of the run.  A keen eye will notice that I missed the bright red Pitot cover during my walkaround.  

I think this area would be pretty attractive in some high res photoreal and with an improved watercourse (it's a bit up and down...)

WA-NE_Kununurra (20).jpg

WA-NE_Kununurra (18).jpg

WA-NE_Kununurra (17).jpg

WA-NE_Kununurra (3).jpg

WA-NE_Kununurra (2).jpg

WA-NE_Kununurra (10).jpg

WA-NE_Kununurra (16).jpg

WA-NE_Kununurra (15).jpg

WA-NE_Kununurra (14).jpg

WA-NE_Kununurra (13).jpg

WA-NE_Kununurra (12).jpg

WA-NE_Kununurra (11).jpg