Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

SubLogical

Golf Course Scenery

Question

It seems every airport has an adjacent golf course.  But I've never seen any populated with golfers and their paraphernalia ... e.g. golf carts motorized or pulled, players holding clubs and bags etc.

If anyone knows of a path to such scenery objects I'd appreciate a tip off so I can rectify the FltSim world problem of ghost airports ...

Thanks ... hopefully ...

Ken

Make that "ghost golf courses" not airports ... please!

4 answers to this question

Doubtful that anyone but scenery techs can populate the courses with moving people, but should not be a problem to add  statics using instant scenery or some such program.  Teecee.

15 hours ago, SubLogical said:

It seems every airport has an adjacent golf course.  But I've never seen any populated with golfers and their paraphernalia ... e.g. golf carts motorized or pulled, players holding clubs and bags etc.

If anyone knows of a path to such scenery objects I'd appreciate a tip off so I can rectify the FltSim world problem of ghost airports ...

Thanks ... hopefully ...

Ken

Make that "ghost golf courses" not airports ... please!

there are only a small number of animated people libraries, Orbx being the bigger one, however in their EULA, it is forbidden to people to use their objects for non orbx scenery, From memory aerosoft and flytampa also have similar objects, however you need to buy their products to access their objects

its not impossible to do what your asking, however Ozx will need to start from scratch making such objects, and the devs are having a pause for now until they see the out come of FTX Au v2

Personally cant see the guys spending time on new 3d animated objects when there is a lot fo work to do to get the libraries up to p3d v4 standards, and the unknown of the new ftx australia

Thanks for the reply Matt,

I have 40 plus acres on which we do some ranching and I decided to create my own simulator airport and have some fun populating the area ... the standard land classes don't have much to offer as far as I can see except for the golf course set ... so this was what I added for a part of it and it works well!

It's nice to live on a golf course with an airport ... that's what got me going on the golfers :smile: 

Anyway, appreciate your thoughts.

Ken

There are golfers, golf carts and golf hole flag libraries out there.  Haven't used them or tried to use them in P3DV4. I do not know of any animated versions. One could try to add then into P3DV3 using instant scenery and then try to port the library and scenery to the V4 to see if they work without conversion.

However, unless one is in the trike, helicopter or something else going low and slow one would never really see those golfers anyway.