Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

aeronauta

OZx P3D Libraries Open Beta *** UPDATED 27/11/2017*****

Question

55 answers to this question

No problems Jorge, I did grab that update. For the most part, everything is pretty much intact as far as I can tell (across VIC, TAS, NT and SA). The standalone (not embedded within OZx v3-3.5), such as Coober Pedy, Broken Hill, Devonport, Flukey's NT fields, Stawell all seem to be fine... I got through most of SA today and things are looking good apart from the very occasional missing object.

It is a shame to think that ORBX AU V2 will probably make OZx scenery a thing of the past... There are some real beauties (almost ORBX freeware standard) amongst the mix though that I hope will stand the test of time, at least for the next few years.

Maybe at some stage, it'll be a matter of picking those ones out and seeing what can be done to keep them going?....

As far as I understand from Holger Sandmann's posting on a coming Orbx Australia V2 there will not be a "total rebuilding". There should be a great chance to use the fantastic OZx sceneries furthermore (hopefully)

Please read here:

FTX AU incorrect inland water textures in P3Dv4

Posting #17

On 25.11.2017 at 4:16 PM, jeansy said:

The 3 sisters in Katoomba are from the orbx libraries  not OZx, they are a part of FTX AU or the old FTX blue region

I'm pretty sure that this is not the case, because the early FTX AU didn't place any new objects, it was just a replacement for textures, vector and landclass data. PNW was the first region that had custom objects and enhanced default airports. I'm pretty sure that Katoomba/YKAT doesn't even exist in default FSX / P3D nor in FTX AU. I bought FTX AU a few months after a trip to Australia, and I remember that I wanted to know how Katoomba looked in the simulator compared to the real life photos I took there. And I was disappointed that the airfield didn't even exist. That's why I was happy to find that one of the OZx packages included YKAT, and I did my first OZx flight from there to check out the Three Sisters and if I'm not mistaken they were modeled as a 3D object in FSX but disappeared when I switched to P3D. Maybe one of the developers could chime in and shed some light on this. 

Fabs79 I removed OZx from FSX and the model of the 3 sisters is still there , cannot be OZx..

don't know where it is coming from , have a few checks but cannot find the file..check with ORBX and ensure they put it on in Australia V2...

I found that it is in FTXAU25_Scenery ORBX_Katoomba_Three_Sisters_PLC.bgl ,  ORBX_3sisters.bgl  and three .bmp files in the texture folder...

Jorge

14 hours ago, Fabs79 said:

I'm pretty sure that this is not the case, because the early FTX AU didn't place any new objects, it was just a replacement for textures, vector and landclass data. PNW was the first region that had custom objects and enhanced default airports. I'm pretty sure that Katoomba/YKAT doesn't even exist in default FSX / P3D nor in FTX AU. I bought FTX AU a few months after a trip to Australia, and I remember that I wanted to know how Katoomba looked in the simulator compared to the real life photos I took there. And I was disappointed that the airfield didn't even exist. That's why I was happy to find that one of the OZx packages included YKAT, and I did my first OZx flight from there to check out the Three Sisters and if I'm not mistaken they were modeled as a 3D object in FSX but disappeared when I switched to P3D. Maybe one of the developers could chime in and shed some light on this. 

Im more than pretty sure they are and I can bet my left nut on it, as Im from blue mtns and i can confirm it was introduced in FTX blue well  before OZX made any local airfields,

ORBX even made several posts on their forums regarding the introduction the 3 sisters and even posted preview images. ORBX regions dont only contain textures they also contain objects like the sydney harbour bridge  etc, etc there are a lot of us that where here before the days OZX started and before FTX started

as Jorge made the effort to confirm it, it maybe a case of you needing to delete the Orbx libs and re downloading them or raising a support post with them as its their object or ensuring that the object flow 2 is activated in the addons.xml