Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

aeronauta

OZx P3D Libraries Open Beta *** UPDATED 27/11/2017*****

Question

55 answers to this question

@Bruce e That's what I am seeing between my FSX SE install and my P3D V4 install!

@hanleyc Happy to help out when it is needed, often find myself with a bit of spare time here and there... I supprised myself yesterday afternoon by how I knocked over all those airfields.  Probably better off spending time beta testing rather than just aimlessly tearing about the sim!

I have an Excel table that came with the download below, is that pretty nuch up to date with all the airfields from OZx v3-3.5?

I created a repair windsock for the pole red pole with the missing sock...please report as many as possible.. It is an wind speed/direction animation with SODE if you have the initial Base windsocks  add this .xml to your C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\  folder (YBMC/YBSU, YBHI)  ..more to come..

Jorge

YBMC_WS.xml

YBHI_WS.xml

Repair WS.JPG

On 11/21/2017 at 6:21 AM, Andrew Hunter-Graham said:

@Bruce e That's what I am seeing between my FSX SE install and my P3D V4 install!

@hanleyc Happy to help out when it is needed, often find myself with a bit of spare time here and there... I supprised myself yesterday afternoon by how I knocked over all those airfields.  Probably better off spending time beta testing rather than just aimlessly tearing about the sim!

I have an Excel table that came with the download below, is that pretty nuch up to date with all the airfields from OZx v3-3.5?

its current up to v3.3

Bruce YRID looks just as in FSX...

Jorge

Peter here are the missing windsocks...unzip the file and copy the .xml's into  C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\

enjoy..

Jorge

WS_XML.zip

@aeronauta Thanks for those windsocks, looks like the one at YDPO is working, although the wind reading is at 24 mag and when I line the R66 up the compass is reading more around 21... Is that to be expected, it's not a big deal in my eyes.

Just on YRID, my fsx install is definitely showing buildings and in V4 none or very few...

Yesterday afternoon I knocked over the Tasmania airfields from OZx V3-3.5, looks like there are 9 airfields with issues, again, mostly missing buildings. I fear this could be a similar issue across each and every state, could there be an identifying factor that the Devs can pick out?

Have we got anyone else doing checks in P3D v4 for other states? It would certainly help. QLD looks like a very big task!!....

Unfortunatly i dont have P3D otherwise I would help. The more recent additions like my NW airport packs and Rob's Mt isa should be ok as most of the buildings for them were tested or converted. Most likely for these, it would be the windsock only.

Andrew , thank you for your great work, let me explain how scenery works , the developer creates the base scenery (Runways aprons Photo Real image of the ground and models of the objects to add . He has the originals , with these some files are compiled (xxx,.bgl) some are scenery files and others are objects files , in general the scenery files from FSX work OK in P3D but the objects and particularly animated (by SIM variables) do not.

Here I come to make all this work from  approx 10 years ago to convert all to P3D , all I can do is run every library (and its objects) through a program called Model Converter X,  MCX is magic it does its work when IT CAN... unfortunately not all models can be converted thats why there are some missing , the ones that are not missing and are black in texture sometimes can be fixed , I say sometimes because the dev's create a Library of objects and they get reused in various sceneries , this they apply using placement files , this files refer to the objects by a GUID  not by name , so I cannot decipher what they are.

As you see I have run 600Mb of objects through this converter and I think I got a pretty good outcome.

I will continue to fix as much as I can , but as I said my team of programmers and investigators is working flat out to make the best of what we have.

Jorge

ps I do not think there are any developers in  OZx developing for P3D . It is very different from FSX.

Sorry I forgot to include this folder in the latest Windsock delivery  paste  it in C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\  overwriting the existing folder..

Jorge

OZx_WS_Wh.zip

Thank you to Andrew that pointed up YYRM , I found the culprit sceneries causing most of the problems.. most of the UKVFR libraries fail to convert , MCX would not complain , simply would not create the converted file , so most files where missing , I converted some manually but some would not barge , these I replaced without conversion ..

Lets see how we go .. the new download is in the opening post.

Jorge

HI, there might be a missing object in the area around YKAT - when I first flew there in FSX, I´m pretty sure there was a 3D model of the "Three Sisters" rock formation in the Blue Mountains a little south of YKAT. When I switched to P3D ( I think it was V2.1 back then), the object was gone, so I thought that it might be a library issue because the OZx_LIB was still an FSX-SDK compiled library. Now I installed the new P3D libraries into V4.1 and checked if the Three Sisters were back. But they aren`t. Is this a compilation issue or has the model been completely removed from the OZX_LIB?

Cheers, Fabian

3 hours ago, Fabs79 said:

HI, there might be a missing object in the area around YKAT - when I first flew there in FSX, I´m pretty sure there was a 3D model of the "Three Sisters" rock formation in the Blue Mountains a little south of YKAT. When I switched to P3D ( I think it was V2.1 back then), the object was gone, so I thought that it might be a library issue because the OZx_LIB was still an FSX-SDK compiled library. Now I installed the new P3D libraries into V4.1 and checked if the Three Sisters were back. But they aren`t. Is this a compilation issue or has the model been completely removed from the OZX_LIB?

Cheers, Fabian

The 3 sisters in Katoomba are from the orbx libraries  not OZx, they are a part of FTX AU or the old FTX blue region

Ok, so today I went back through all of the VIC and TAS airfields.... I have seen big improvements! Buildings are all as they should be in that none seem to be missing anymore.

I have identified what appear to be two issues that are still present.

At XPCH: Light poles in the car park are still missing and the cars in the carpark are still missing also. Although it is great to see the static helicopter, animals and one or two buildings are back in action!

At YKTN: There seems to be a DC3 static model that is missing but that is all as far as I can tell. Big plus is that the buildings are all back in action!

At YSTH: There is also a missing DC3 static model. In my FSX SE install the DC3s look identical so possibly this model is missing elsewhere. 

Appart from that they all just need the windsocks ^_^

I'm not sure if this is something library related but there are several airfields that look great with 3D grass, unfortunately, this grass causes an aircraft crash when landed or taxied on. Apart from disabling crashes is this something that can be fixed behind the scenes?  In the cases of YWYY and YSMI, I would love to start flying to these more regularly (because they are really decent quality sceneries!!) But straying on to the grass is a killer!.... 

ICAO: YWYY       Issue: 3D Grass causes crash  **

ICAO: YSMI        Issue: 3D Grass causes crash  **

ICAO: YZFC        Issue: 3D Grass causes crash

ICAO: YFRI          Issue: 3D Grass causes crash

ICAO: YZIL           Issue: 3D Grass causes crash

ICAO: YKII            Issue: 3D Grass causes crash

ICAO: YZWN        Issue: 3D Grass causes crash

7 hours ago, hanleyc said:

Thats interesting Bruce. I did remove cars from  the airport. are you using the right placement file?

I don’t think it’s that Craig as car textures are dependent on which oz lib I use , Jotges latest or an earlier June 30 version. It’s interesting as some are visible and s9me not. I’ll post a pic later.

i reckon this could be easier if Jorge were to jump on TS and together check out some of the issues

Thank you Andrew, the missing DC3 and poles must be non convertible objects so nothing I  can do , the crash in the grass ...well you should not taxi through the grass!!!!:laugh: ... now in a serious note , that is a common problem , all objcts have what is called a Crash Box that surrounds it , the developer must make sure that the size is reasonable , in the case of grass it should not have one , again nothing I can do , you should use your SIM with disable crash detection , as you are bound to find more subtle crashes around many (even payware ) airports..

Jorge

No problems Jorge @aeronauta, I reckon it's safe to leave Vic and Tas at that then ^_^ Great work on sorting out the issues, really appreciate it! I have certainly discovered some nice airfields, YCDN, YWYY and YSMI are some of the best, reminiscent of ORBX freeware!

I'll see how I feel about SA and NT, will probably have time throughout next week to look over either one's airfields. The issues that were fixed with some of the Vic and Tas airfields, has that been applied across airfields of all the states and territories?

Jorge I have something amiss at YWRN, compare the two pics

The first is using the P3D OxLib_v4 posted in June and the second is your latest Open b updated Nov 25. I seem to have texture issues with the latest version, containers tanks etc

5a1ac50bf0eb2_Snap2017-11-26at13_40_11.thumb.jpg.8ab26a3a88850771dfb8aae0c4a992e4.jpg5a1ac50e23d97_Snap2017-11-26at13_23_13.thumb.jpg.3417750b3adaaec998c4950fffdc8b71.jpg

I found some of the problems , the conversion of textures to .dds caused some of them , so here is a new OZx_Lib folder to replace  the OZx_Lib , I think all the problems are fixed now...

Jorge

http://aussiex.org/ozxteamII/aero/OZx_LIBP3DV4.zip

I have gone over the NT airfields that are in OZx v3-3.5, including Flukey's NT airfields.... Doesn't seem like there are too many noticeable issues.

What I did find:

ICAO: YAMJ Missing flag pole (flags are just floating off the ground)

ICAO: YGUM missing  5 of 8 buildings, some trees are interfering with the scenery...

Ther are possibly other instances where a couple of buildings are missing from small settlements but unless I count them individually it's hard to know for sure.

The two you mention Andrew are impossible to fix as there is no indication in the scenery from which library the objects come , the flags I dont have  at all.. you have the latest version right 27/11/2017..thank you for your work..

Jorge

Alan has just discovered the YDPO does not have any hangars...found the reason , no YDPO library , here it is , unzip and paste on top of the existing OZx_Lib folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r036scba79vx2m0/OZx_LIB.zip?dl=0

replace if asked.

With only two or three people reporting problems this work will take some 5 years and after ORBX AU V2 a waste of time , might as well give up and enjoy flying a bit more...

Jorge