Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

aeronauta

OZx P3D Libraries Open Beta *** UPDATED 27/11/2017*****

Question

This is the OZx library for P3D as I use it with V4.1..  Please report any problems with relevant info and pics.

Uploaded 27/11/2017

http://aussiex.org/ozxteamII/aero/OZx_LIBP3DV4.zip

Jorge

55 answers to this question

1 hour ago, vh-eee said:

found these today . oz military ships addon  . p3dv4 orbx Au

2017-11-18_23-25-37-511.bmp

2017-11-18_23-25-40-814.bmp

2017-11-18_23-27-32-110.bmp

They have nothing to do with OZx libraries, they are a completely different thing all together

this topic is about the new P3D library objects

Hi Teecee I  think there are some benefits,  some objects will show and some Windsocks that are funny like a leanning cilynder are fixed ..this version is good for all P3D versions...remember it is only good for P3D only.

Jorge

Just remember this is an open beta, so any issues please report back here to Jorge so he can fix them. This isnt  a final version of the libraries, but Jorge and Matt thought it would be better to get as many people as possible to check for errors while using P3D.

With a bit of luck there may not be many issues highlighted.

2 hours ago, peterb said:

Thanks for your work. Is this a replacement for the existing library or do you over write it? Will try it and report back.

Peter

Peter

Firstly make a back up of your current OZX LIB folder in the OZX root folder

and place that copy external to your Sim's location and just overwrite the current files  in the OZX folder

Once the beta has been tested 110% and confirmed nil errors or CTDs, the you can delete that copy

Hi all, thanks for your work @aeronauta. I think I have installed everything correctly, going through the victorian airports and things are looking reasonably good although I'm not really an expert on what should and shouldn't be at certain airfields...

At YYRM, I am fairly certain there might be a problem... Objects around the airport, however, all buildings are missing. Have attached pics.

Is it ok for me to post possible issues as separate posts to keep things kind of neat?..

Andrew

2017-11-19_17-44-4-141.png

2017-11-19_17-48-55-545.png

Thank you Andrew, I looked in FSX and the scenery is the same , interesting there is a plc file but no objects...will investigate further

Jorge

ps found that the PLC file was compiled using FS9!!!   will see if it can be converted...else will have to live with some of this very old scenery problems...

Hi Jorge and Jeansey

I have not found anything significant, other than are missing winsocks, often with the poles missing. Also there are motor vehicles missing.

YBHI missing cars

ybhicars.png

YBMC windsock

ybmcsock.jpg

YBHI windsock

BrokenHill.jpg

YBWW Windsock

ybww.jpg

YGTE windsock

YGTE.jpg

YDPO cars and winsock

ypdo.jpg

YBSK windsock

ysbk.jpg

Windsocks have similar problems at YSDU, YMER, YHLC,  YPKS.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Thank you Peter, the windsocks have been removed as they are not P3D compatib le , (\environmental variables triggered animations are not supported in P3D ) and some vehicles are FS9 objects not supported either.

I am creating OZx winsocks with SODE , look elsewhere in the forum

Jorge

Hi Jorge @aeronauta,

So I have got a list of all the Vic airports that appear to have some form of issue (I have gone through all of the ones from OZx v3-3.5), mostly missing buildings. I will go through my version of FSX and double check before posting my list.

So far my Yarram in FSX SE is showing OZx related buildings which are missing in P3D V4... I understand that some of these may be pretty old makes, at this stage my preliminary list is 18 long though, hopefully I can cross a few off as 'just how they are supposed to be'

Andrew

Hi again Jorge @aeronauta,

Unfortunately, I have had a good hit rate (for someone who hasn't flown much OZx for the past year or two).

The list I was going off had 40 airfields, of those 40, 20 had issues that I pretty much sighted immediately (in the case of buildings). Double checking in FSX SE I can confirm that those 20 airfields are all missing buildings along with other objects, such as aircraft, cars/vehicles, fences and in one or two cases animals. 

The fields are:

YSLE: Fencing

YRSI: Buildings, Aircraft

YRID: Buildings, Aircraft, Cars

YPOK: Buildings, Aircraft

YPEN: Buildings, Aircraft, Cars

YNGB: Buildings, Cars

YLCS: Buildings, Cars, Aircraft, airfield trees (I think)

YKTN: Buildings, Cars, Aircraft

YKYB: Buildings, Cars, Aircraft

YLKE: Buildings, Cars

YHSV: Building

YGLG: Buildings, Cars

YGRL: Buildings, Cars

YEUA: Buildings, cars

YCOH: Buildings

YCES: Buildings, cars

YYRM: Buildings

XPCH: Cars, light poles, helicopter (Static), Animals

YMNG: Buildings, possible aircraft

I do fear that the other 20 may have also been missing similar objects... The combined 40 airfields are from OZx v3-3.5 only, that's all I have installed at the moment.

Hopefully this helps a little!

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Hunter-Graham
Removed YCDE from the list, fencing is actually there, just looks different from FSX to P3D

@ClemWu In my few years of being in OZx I haven't been able to contribute much, my mind boggles at what goes into developing scenery. When everyone starts talking dev talk I barely have a clue as to what the different file types do or how they are made.

So when it is something straightforward like checking over scenery for missing items, that is certainly something I can do!! I've got an eye for detail and know when something doesn't look right in the Flight Sim. So it's my time to try help out, it's the least I can do considering I take advantage of all the work the devs do!! ^_^

3 hours ago, Andrew Hunter-Graham said:

@ClemWu In my few years of being in OZx I haven't been able to contribute much, my mind boggles at what goes into developing scenery. When everyone starts talking dev talk I barely have a clue as to what the different file types do or how they are made.

So when it is something straightforward like checking over scenery for missing items, that is certainly something I can do!! I've got an eye for detail and know when something doesn't look right in the Flight Sim. So it's my time to try help out, it's the least I can do considering I take advantage of all the work the devs do!! ^_^

I think you just signed yourself up a beta tester on a permanent basis without even knowing it ^_^