Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

aeronauta

Windsock latest BETA..

Here is what I have done, two sets of windsocks White and Orange  ,they follow the wind direction and the wind speed with 4 different positions, I have tested them in V4 and V3 but they should work in FSX also.

Have to create now the delivery method ..

Jorge

0.JPG

01.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

02.JPG

2 hours ago, alank said:

"Have to create now the delivery method .. "

They say Australia Post is very efficient Jorge ....

Alan :rolleyes:

Is that the same Australia post I know...mmm...LOL

could you use the same object id (GUID) number as the socks that appear as oversized PVC tubing in P3D and replace that sock across sim versions in the ozx library  with your new one ?

We did that before with some of MWL windsocks , all that does is replace a windsock that does nothing by another that also does nothing...

This windsocks are SimObjects and are animated by SODE as P3D does not support animation triggered by SIM variables..

Jorge

If you want windsocks that follow the wind speed and direction , you have to plot the Lat/Lon, remove the old windsock then create  an  .xml file and install one with SODE , we are already doing this for P3D for this Friday flight with Bruce. (as he said "only 435 to go!!")

We know they work OK in P3D V3 and V4 , we tested FSX and did not work (theoretically should , I am investigating why with SODE) , but also found that if you have the V4 OZx libraries  some objects do not show in FSX.

Once we tested enough I will be providing the files, folders and instructions to the developers .

Jorge

6 minutes ago, aeronauta said:

If you want windsocks that follow the wind speed and direction , you have to plot the Lat/Lon, remove the old windsock then create  an  .xml file and install one with SODE , we are already doing this for P3D for this Friday flight with Bruce. (as he said "only 435 to go!!")

We know they work OK in P3D V3 and V4 , we tested FSX and did not work (theoretically should , I am investigating why with SODE) , but also found that if you have the V4 OZx libraries  some objects do not show in FSX.

Once we tested enough I will be providing the files, folders and instructions to the developers .

Jorge

Hi Jorge I'm available 'till 2pm today. I have TS on & am in 'Lounge'
Dropbox gives '404'

53 minutes ago, aeronauta said:

Jorge

At a lot of the fields the W/s are not visible in P3D so in that case there is nothing for P3D users to remove ^_^

editing the xml file using Jorges template is almost as quick as placing a w/s using IS, even I can do it so it must be easy :ermm:

The beauty is that we now have w/s in P3D that correctly show wind direction and speed

Re. Not working in FSX............

would this not just be provided as a fix for users of P3D? So P3D users would be guided to install SODE and developers would create the .xml file for the airport

SODE offers the option of SIM ID to specify which sim you want the object to run on , FSX is available , I think the problem Bruce, Noel and I are having is that the SimObjects I am using are P3D compiled objects and may not show in FSX. I will modify the Objects to be FSX and create a new .xml to test this ...

For now , for whomever wants to test P3D V3 and V4 here are the files and folders required for a bunch of airfields , you will find the names in the .xml files .

To run this you need SODE installed in the default location and registered to  your SIM's , get it  here  https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9#

Next download this zip file https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqjtpsj5k6l10sg/ozx.zip?dl=0

unzip and get some .xml files and an exe file  (the exe file will check that you have SODE installed in the default location) , run the OZx_WS_Base.exe this program will setup your sode and add the SimObject folders for the OZx White and Orange windsocks. (this SimObjects will be used now by anyone that writes the correct .xml file),  now copy and paste all the xml files into the C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml.

Done , restart your SIM if it was running and go and test the socks , select wind speed and direction and see ..

Once completed the DDesktop folder OZx Windsock Base can be deleted.

Jorge

PS : Any criticism will be treated with contempt...:rolleyes:

The cause of the WS not showing in FSX is the model ,that although being exported as an FSX model , may not be right , I think I have to reconfigur MCX to use the fFSX SDK and try .. will do tomorrow..

Jorge

you need the fsx mdl definitions file in the fsx sdk in mcx directory sources ,  when i was modifying Aircraft mdls that was the only file i needed to point to to get it to convert to fsx

its a pain in the @$$ going back and forth for p3d and fsx sdks

On 15/11/2017 at 7:13 AM, aeronauta said:

SODE offers the option of SIM ID to specify which sim you want the object to run on , FSX is available , I think the problem Bruce, Noel and I are having is that the SimObjects I am using are P3D compiled objects and may not show in FSX. I will modify the Objects to be FSX and create a new .xml to test this ...

For now , for whomever wants to test P3D V3 and V4 here are the files and folders required for a bunch of airfields , you will find the names in the .xml files .

To run this you need SODE installed in the default location and registered to  your SIM's , get it  here  https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9#

Next download this zip file https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqjtpsj5k6l10sg/ozx.zip?dl=0

unzip and get some .xml files and an exe file  (the exe file will check that you have SODE installed in the default location) , run the OZx_WS_Base.exe this program will setup your sode and add the SimObject folders for the OZx White and Orange windsocks. (this SimObjects will be used now by anyone that writes the correct .xml file),  now copy and paste all the xml files into the C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml.

Done , restart your SIM if it was running and go and test the socks , select wind speed and direction and see ..

Once completed the DDesktop folder OZx Windsock Base can be deleted.

Jorge

PS : Any criticism will be treated with contempt...:rolleyes:

and here are some more             <xml files>   for P3D users for Craigs QLD Remote strips

Thank you , you have been a busy man ...good on you.!!

Jorge

The irony of it all was that I was the promoter of the JoinFS ...and cannot enjoy it, now I provided windsocks for all the airfields for last Friday flight and ....no one was flying P3D!!!!!:(

Jorge:(

We shouldn't have too much irony.
It makes things too heavy, and we then have trouble getting off the ground.
We should always detatch all technicians and crew~of~the~ground~variety (excepting of course good baristas), before attempting takeoff.

Some screenies from last night's great flight (Bruce you were missed):-

2017-11-17_21-25-32-448.thumb.jpg.1350c56d117d28972bcac2890d850a6d.jpg

2017-11-17_21-36-2-101.thumb.jpg.87d8a35ff72ca68d9e39cdfbfcd65798.jpg

2017-11-17_21-36-45-800.thumb.jpg.55ccf15c6902fb8f225a09e12c55dcf4.jpg

2017-11-17_21-37-42-241.thumb.jpg.e838f27d4f4a2f5cc05e13df86c35fa2.jpg

2017-11-17_21-47-27-630.thumb.jpg.d75a7c3730e58887b816d5b7758e18af.jpg2017-11-17_21-47-40-552.thumb.jpg.499daa67b4db261e976cccf3308168cb.jpg

:rofl:

6 hours ago, aeronauta said:

Thank you , you have been a busy man ...good on you.!!

Jorge

The irony of it all was that I was the promoter of the JoinFS ...and cannot enjoy it, now I provided windsocks for all the airfields for last Friday flight and ....no one was flying P3D!!!!!:(

Jorge:(

Give them the wind socks and they will come..........didn’t they make a film round this theme?

answers on a postcard, first correct answer will win a free limited edition copy YTWB :cheer: