Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Captain Poppens

Missing airports

How come these airports weren’t included in all versions of VOZ (these are not all the airports but just some)

Bourke 

Broken Hill 

Moree 

Narrabri

Parkes 

Plus how come there wasn’t a terminal at Moruya and Taree 

VOZ? I thought VOZ died years ago..and "how come?" is not a nice way to ask the question surely? most of these ports I believe are available for FSX, but VOZ? I think not. Teecee.

Becuase fs9 is still a popular platform for a lot of people

Hence why voz is still available for download and has its own fourm

Why dont you try these airports in VOZ if you like, but there is no guarantee they will work. I'd be interested how it does turn out...just out of curiosity.

Hours and hours of work go into each airport and it is impossible to make them backwards compatible to that platform unfortunately. My guess is over time P3D will become the standard, and because it is getting more popular, we have tried to make the airports compatible with that platform as well. 

i dont think we will go back to FS2004 airports from a developers point of view...just not the demand for it compared to the demand for other platforms.

On 16/11/2017 at 7:41 AM, Captain Poppens said:

Okay why weren’t these airports included in VOZ

Because its too difficult to port backwards and those who designed these Airports for OZx which was for fsx have probably removed FS9 to begin with, I know I did once I finally moved, I deleted everything I had for FS9!

Unfortunately what is there in the complete VOZ package is it, if you are after more fs9 airports for Australia go here, http://www.freewarescenery.com/fs2004/australia.html

19 hours ago, Flukey said:

Because its too difficult to port backwards and those who designed these Airports for OZx which was for fsx have probably removed FS9 to begin with, I know I did once I finally moved, I deleted everything I had for FS9!

Unfortunately what is there in the complete VOZ package is it, if you are after more fs9 airports for Australia go here, http://www.freewarescenery.com/fs2004/australia.html

I’m just asking why weren’t they included in VOZ when you released it 

8 hours ago, Captain Poppens said:

I’m just asking why weren’t they included in VOZ when you released it 

Because VOZ predates OZx..

Voz was created 10+ years ago when it was just FS9, while OZx was set up as people moved to FSX fulltime as the sim became more stable. 

And as I mentioned previously those designers then decided to give up on FS9 all together due to the difficulties in porting backwards, remember this is freeware and people give up there time to create these airports etc so sometimes there is no need to double the efforts for something you dont use anymore..

Unfortunately no matter how hard you ask or question why, VOZ and fs9 here are dead and what remains is it, so please enjoy what was created for that version and time to move on and let it go, especially about the latest airports not being in VOZ ;)

" I’m just asking why weren’t they included in VOZ when you released it"

To be honest I think this question is not only stupid, but it's offensive.. It's  like asking someone that gave you a gift ten years ago why it was not a better gift.. Time to close this thread In my opinion . Teecee.

Edited by Teecee