Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

kevinsue

Normanton and Chillagoe textures

Question

I have been doing some sightseeing flights to Normanton (YNTN) and Chillagoe (YCGO) and have noticed that the textures for the runway and apron change or disappear depending on the which direction you are looking. The screens are of Normanton parking area and the textures will will change with a slight change of viewing angle. I'm using P3Dv3.4 and have tried reinstalling the OZx Libraries and ensuring they are in the correct position in the scenery library, and running  FTX Global AEC as well but the results remain the same.  I love these outback airports and would be great to sort this problem out.

34huq8h.jpg

2you4iw.jpg

2nbhp44.jpg

4 answers to this question

Check your airport folders..I found an old file in my YCGO scenery folder..Teecee.

I see also an Ozx Aus folder in your scenerys, could there be duplicates in there?

Edited by Teecee

Hi Kevin,

I think Teecee's on the right track for YCGO, you may have a duplicate. Might also be the case for YNTN.
The PR in my FSX @YNTN remains no matter which view angle or external view pan, the problem might be P3D specific. 
Are you using a mesh product  (ie;  AU_Holgermesh or Pilots Global 2010.) I don't see Holgermesh in your lib picture. Is FTX Australia installed, have you checked the box for (Australia) in the Vector config tool.

btw:- I have FSX and don't have those white box markings at YNTN, are they something you've added or are they part of P3D.

I think what Teecee is referring to in regard to OZx_AUS folder was renaming it so that it didn't shift out of position in your scenery library and the FTXCentral insertion points tool (Some users were experiencing problems with OZx folders shifting or disappearing with "FTXCv2"). http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/25728-ftx-central-2-removes-ozx-ysbk-bankstown-from-scenery-library/ But I see that your Scenery library Addons, OZx, and Orbx/FTX entries are in the right position (You are more likely to be using the latest v3 FTXC anyway, so may not be an issue). Not sure about your Vector and OLC positioning if you have them (can't see that portion of the Library).  

Thanks for the replies. I do have Holgermesh installed and FTX Australia and also have FTX Central 3 and FTX Australia checked in the FTX Global Vector Config Tool. I will try looking in the OZx folder for redundant files and see if I can find any. 

13 hours ago, kevinsue said:

Thanks for the replies. I do have Holgermesh installed and FTX Australia and also have FTX Central 3 and FTX Australia checked in the FTX Global Vector Config Tool. I will try looking in the OZx folder for redundant files and see if I can find any. 

Hi kevinsue,

I use a utility by voidtools, called "Search Everything":-

http://www.voidtools.com/

Finds pretty much anything, quite versatile and once it's done an initial general 'catalogue search' at install, is quite fast.
Not only finds all instances of a named file, but also lets you sort colums, so you can 'sort-of' group where they are located (in my case the "F" partition being FSX).
Then there's a right-click dropdown menu, for when you highlight a file and want to do something with it; like go to where it is (Highlight the file, right-click & select "Open Path").
Note there's quite a lot of right-click functionality as well as the usual 'top' drop-down menues.

Here's some screengrabs of my search results:-

5a0a22169b7d0_YNTNSearchEverythingResults.thumb.jpg.6567a311ceae4990f8a52bdab960f8a2.jpg

5a0a222608cbc_YCGOSearchEverythingResults.thumb.jpg.eba0777afb8f23528ef5e1fa26df11b7.jpg

5a0a2232b9cdc_YCGOSearchEverythingResultsright-clickmenuonVectorlocateditem.thumb.jpg.315792b9422f238ad4876fe6e45bb1d1.jpg

cheers,

Noel Brettoner