Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Dieter

Orbx announcing Australia V2 for next year

JV's posting in Orbx forum:

Australia V2 will be next year and be a paid upgrade (big discount for existing customers though). New tech, new textures, new vector, every airport upgraded and possibly photoreal Great Barrier Reef as well.

Scroll to posting #29

Great to read, but in what manner will this update have an effect on all our OZx installations? Well, just wait and see ...

Edited by Dieter

well that is great news,  although its still better than default, the current AU has a lot of detail missing and some regions incorrectly portrayed

Im glad theyre re-doing the GBR, as in its current format, its somewhat of an eye sore

if they add the same level of detail like they did with NZ, ie hospitals etc etc and include Nth Sydney and harbour features and correct landclass for places like darwin and a few others  a paid upgrade is without question

Hopefully it wont impact too much on pre existing OZx freeware

When in the Orbx early days and I first got Australia, I was quite impressed.   Times have changed though and even with the few upgrades over the years and the OZX and Ants enhancements, it still leaves a lot to be desired and has become a bit booring to fly over..  More detailed and accurate scenery will be very welcome.

John

Looking forward to this.. sooner the better.. as I agree with JohnY  " has become a bit boring to fly over"  I rarely fly most of OZ and stick to the mining areas done by Ozx.. Bring it on Orbx, and thank you for doing this update. Teecee. 

I'll believe it when I see it. Australia and New Zealand have been forgotten in the chase for the almighty dollar. This announcement is about 5 regions too late.

40 minutes ago, Bruce e said:

Great news, never boring to fly over, good company covers any cracks. 

Fly OZxFC  every Friday at 0930z :beerchug:

Covers even those deemed to be wise. :yes:

Nothing  to do with wisdom Noel, simply a matter of personal choice..That's the beauty of simming, your choice of where to fly and when.

I love Aus, even more so now I am away from  my spiritual home, but several hours flying alone over desert or similar terrain does tend to be boring. Thank the Lord for mines and cities and all the Ozx addons I say.  (and bring on the new Orbx). Teecee.

im interested to see if they go the way like they went with the netherlands with photo scenery

To be honest, looking at the way Orbx has marketed Australia v1, they have indirectly relied on OZx freeware to supply the extra airports to make the region really interesting (and it really is interesting for VFR).

Now, for Aus v2, they are going to have to either make a whole heap of airports themselves for VFR, or they are going to have to piggyback off OZx again.

I just wish that Orbx would at no cost help the community speed up the completed development of OZx for P3D version 4.

That way they would be able to market Aus v2 as probably the most amazing region ever created for ESP sims and without having to add a lot of development cost on their end - and they would get browny points with the community to boot.

It would be win-win for everyone.

Should I post this on Orbx forums? Cheers.

@jeansy Same here!.. I am curious and excited for a new Australia. Flying the Australian scenery always makes me realise there is still quite a large gap to bridge in terms of accurate regional (non airport specific) scenery. I guess we have to keep in mind that the Netherlands is quite a small country... Australia in photo scenery may be too much of an ask, but I can only hope that it is on the cards! The way I look at it, well done photo scenery is the only way of bringing real-world scenery accuracy into the sim.

Do we have any ideas on what the cityscape and Aus airport will be, I dream of Darwin or Adelaide!....

2 hours ago, Andrew Hunter-Graham said:

@jeansy Same here!.. I am curious and excited for a new Australia. Flying the Australian scenery always makes me realise there is still quite a large gap to bridge in terms of accurate regional (non airport specific) scenery. I guess we have to keep in mind that the Netherlands is quite a small country... Australia in photo scenery may be too much of an ask, but I can only hope that it is on the cards! The way I look at it, well done photo scenery is the only way of bringing real-world scenery accuracy into the sim.

Do we have any ideas on what the cityscape and Aus airport will be, I dream of Darwin or Adelaide!....

the cityscape and airport is for gold coast. 

hobart airport was also mentioned as on agenda

Edited by capt sl

11 hours ago, glider1001 said:

To be honest, looking at the way Orbx has marketed Australia v1, they have indirectly relied on OZx freeware to supply the extra airports to make the region really interesting (and it really is interesting for VFR).

Now, for Aus v2, they are going to have to either make a whole heap of airports themselves for VFR, or they are going to have to piggyback off OZx again.

I just wish that Orbx would at no cost help the community speed up the completed development of OZx for P3D version 4.

That way they would be able to market Aus v2 as probably the most amazing region ever created for ESP sims and without having to add a lot of development cost on their end - and they would get browny points with the community to boot.

It would be win-win for everyone.

Should I post this on Orbx forums? Cheers.

Not true

OZx is a by product of FTX AU,  Orbx  never relied upon OZx  and in fact they cut all ties with OZx a few yrs back

OZx was formed because of a fall out between 2 people, then it grew from there and eventually shrunk from there a few yrs later

Its only for a small handful  of loyal and dedicated developers  that this place  remains alive as majority of the former devs here went over to Orbx and never returned

Even today many Australian  Orbx forum users dont even know what OZx is or what it has to offer in downloads, once FTX went global the interest for OZx  sadly diminished.

If FTX AU2 goes photo real with updated airports, there could be a very good chance there will be very little interest for this place(excluding the bus sim guys)  especially if OZx pre  ftx au2 is incompatible

fingers crossed they dont go that way otherwise a lot of hard work will be lost

hoping that it is compatible for sure , though Au region needs some love .

its really only you guys that provide new aussie scenery .

currently reloading everything onto a new system to v4 quality .

I'd really like it to roll into each other , though i'm feeling i am going to waste my time as i would also like to modernize my sim experience.

i'd like to fly up a freeway or road in GA low level and actually be able to recognize where i actually am . big ask but patiently waiting

there surely is room to add to the new Au region when it comes . they wont do every airport surely...........

19 hours ago, jeansy said:

Not true

OZx is a by product of FTX AU,  Orbx  never relied upon OZx  and in fact they cut all ties with OZx a few yrs back

OZx was formed because of a fall out between 2 people, then it grew from there and eventually shrunk from there a few yrs later

Its only for a small handful  of loyal and dedicated developers  that this place  remains alive as majority of the former devs here went over to Orbx and never returned

Even today many Australian  Orbx forum users dont even know what OZx is or what it has to offer in downloads, once FTX went global the interest for OZx  sadly diminished.

If FTX AU2 goes photo real with updated airports, there could be a very good chance there will be very little interest for this place(excluding the bus sim guys)  especially if OZx pre  ftx au2 is incompatible

fingers crossed they dont go that way otherwise a lot of hard work will be lost

Thanks for filling me in on the history and I agree totally. What do you think though about the advertising for FTX AU V1 at OrbxDirect that says "100's of freeware airports available". Surely they mean OZx because I honestly cannot think of anything else but OZx that would have 100's of freeware airports.

to explain the 10+ years of OZx and Orbx and their history together will only open old wounds, so Im leaving it at that

I dont recommend you ask the same at Orbx.

Ii know those dangers only too well Sue. And yes an updated Australia is long overdue and will be much appreciated by this little black duck. Most of my flying is done over Australian scenery.

Occasionally, to get the Europeans a bit excited I might fly over Germany North or Germany South in a Lancaster, Mosquito, P-38 or Mustang. After all I am known as a **** stirrer.