Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Im slowly going through the paint kit and re doing it for the way I like bare meta tones and detail rather than plain grey with a black alpha, once I have the base metal done, then i can start on some repaints

excuse the panel lines at the moment, im using them as reference for now

please bare in mind, AH paint kits lack a lot of detail, so this isnt a 5 minute job

2017-8-22_23-26-44-550.png

2017-8-23_0-2-37-7412.png

im redoing the release candidates schemes to fix the minor errors with decals and painted parts and redo the base metal layer

original

old.thumb.png.8594eccdea84fa69644baa3440767d42.png

revised version

new.thumb.png.a7eb9ba090b764c16654f3018154353d.png

22 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Hehehe - JH could only wish ;)

I know

I still have to do the hardys dak when i remember

4 hours ago, Mike H said:

Like your work, just a question, interesting end to that runway and turn nodes - where is it?

Flytampa Corfu

4 hours ago, CathyH said:

Any chance of a fictional RNZAF one based on the Camo scheme used on the Bristol freighter?

No sorry I dont take requests

Sorry I dont do requests steph

anyway i had a free hr tonight

2017-9-3_1-40-35-141.png

Sorry mate, when you are one of only 3 active painters here, and you accept requests, you will be surprised the several dozons of requests you get each week, even these days I still at least get 20 requests via email, forums or facebook a week when i publicly state I dont take requests

the main driving factors are,

• its something i would like to do however if you can imagine it takes time on somethings and if I say yes to someone and no to others its surprising how quickly people get their back up and send hate mail
  • the only time I will do a request if its something I have plans on anyway or something that I would personally use in the games myself
  • and the fact that one request turns into a fleet withing a matter of days is the normal, no one is every happy with just one request
  • plus (not directed at you) there are countless repeated requests even today by people who dont contribute to the site, they just want and want and do nothing in return.
  • as ive stated in another thread, I do work for a few payware devs, the repaints I do here are for fun, the moment that you are doing these extra paints, makes the whole process less enjoyable as your locked into something that you have no interest in
  • Some people are never happy with the outcome, that want sometimes unrealistic and unimpeachable results with some models
  • there are some developers I refuse to consider due to their nature of business or poor quality models
  • Most times I find the resources poor to work with and the requester isnt happy with the result
  • And finally I only have about a hr each night to do a paint, if it takes more than hour I rapidly loose interest in doing it,

Im sorry but I hope you understand

Ive uploaded the following (refer to the gif image, it cycles every second)

output_Yxntus.gif

ive reinstalled the c46 and working on the fde (well a bastardized version) if you want to try it and see how it handles post butchering send me a PM and i will send a copy to review and comment

Jeansy - noted red the FDE, will do but not just yet have my hands full with outside the PC real life stuff at the moment (not a drama but time consuming and tiring) but will be interested to see what you have come up with. 

I will send a pm, its a bastardize fde from a few other aircraft, she doesnt take off in 50m and needs a decent run up to take off and can climb up to 10000ft ok, and once level she can sit at 130kts