Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

ScaniaL113

Varying Passenger Numbers Dependent on Times

Question

Hi - I'd like to make it so that the numbers of passengers who get on my bus vary dependent on the time of day (e.g. less people for evenings). Is there a quicker way to do this instead of creating seperate bus stop cubes or is that the only way possible? Thanks in advance! ^_^

5 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Chuckinho said:

Not sure, Manly ACT TWO uses separate bus cubes

I knew that was one option but I wasn't sure if there was a quicker way than that. Did you find it time-consuming to do all the trips and station links between the new cubes for Act Two or is that just part-and-parcel of the whole map-making/editing business?

Yes and no.

The amount of passengers on the bus is depending on the amount of passengers on the street.  In the global file you can set the passenger density per timeslot. Keep in mind that the amount is also based on the amount of passengers that you allowed in the general settings.

For example:

If the pedestrian setting in the general setting is 100.

[trafficdensity_passenger]
8.000 (the time of the day)
1.500 (Factor of the passengers on basis of the general settings)

So, in this case, there will be 150 (1.5 x 100) pedestrians around.  When you use a number below 1 (1.000 x 100 = 100) like 0.400 you have 40 pedestrians around. This way you have also influence on the amount of passengers that enter a bus. 

Of course the number of entering passengers is always depending on the values given in the max and min fields of the busstop cube.  However, I have enough proof that Omsi not always works conform those figures.

I hope this make sense.

11 hours ago, Chuckinho said:

Not sure, Manly ACT TWO uses separate bus cubes

That's a cumbersome way....  See above.

22 hours ago, Mr Drive said:

Yes and no.

The amount of passengers on the bus is depending on the amount of passengers on the street.  In the global file you can set the passenger density per timeslot. Keep in mind that the amount is also based on the amount of passengers that you allowed in the general settings.

For example:

If the pedestrian setting in the general setting is 100.

[trafficdensity_passenger]
8.000 (the time of the day)
1.500 (Factor of the passengers on basis of the general settings)

So, in this case, there will be 150 (1.5 x 100) pedestrians around.  When you use a number below 1 (1.000 x 100 = 100) like 0.400 you have 40 pedestrians around. This way you have also influence on the amount of passengers that enter a bus. 

Of course the number of entering passengers is always depending on the values given in the max and min fields of the busstop cube.  However, I have enough proof that Omsi not always works conform those figures.

I hope this make sense.

Thank you - I'll have a crack at that later and see how I get on ^_^ I did try doing the bus stop cube thing, but it's very tedious. And I also accidentally got rid of one of the bus stop cubes so I ended up with blue sky again because there was no bus stop recognised for some routes - so I had to re-download the map and re-do my changes. Only a took a whole day :lol: