Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

JohnY

Live weather program wanted for P3DV4

Question

Can anyone suggest a decent live weather program please?

Not HiFi AS16 please. It destroys my sim every time I've tried to use the beta version they have out now.

Thanks.

John

11 answers to this question

John,   Active Sky for P3D4 IS NOT AS 16 !  IT IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PROGRAM !!

https://hifisimtech.com/downloads/#ASP4

Active Sky 2016

AS16 for P3D is NOT COMPATIBLE with P3Dv4.  See ASP4 for P3Dv4 compatibility.

If you own an ASP4 license, you can use the same license for AS16 for P3D , and vice versa.

I have to agree with Sue, theres no more beta its now a RC

Hi Sue and Matt

I mean ASP4.  It wrecks my sim'.  Hi-Fi Help and Technical Departments have been on the case and not only failed to rectify it but each time resulted in the need for three/four uninstalls and re-installs each of which took the best part of a week!

Hence my need of an alternative.

John

Hi John

I am using a stable version of ASP4 in P3Dv4 without any problems. Rex is another weather addon but still being upgraded for P3Dv4.Pity about your sim, Ive used Active sky next and AS16 as well in fsx as well as Rex and I consider ASPv4 and AS16 with ASCA (Active Sky Cloud Art ) the best on the market as PMDG aircraft's weather radar will only read Active Sky weather at this stage.Do you have P3D installed outside program files in a folder on its own.I have mine on a separate SSD drive, I realize everyone cant afford a SSD drive or extra drive but the way to go if you can.Best to keep working with Hifi guys. I had to re install windows 7 recently due to a corrupt file in my system and I didnt lose anything as I had FSX in its own folder just had to run the windows updates etc. On another note I bought the Carenado 690B and in fsx with the directx 10 fixer the beacon was flashing a pale set of squares, once I repaired windows the problem was fixed. Sorry to ramble on.I'm sorry I cant be of more help.

Cheers Greg

Thanks Greg.

I've got a 500GB SSD 'C' drive and two 3TB  hard drives in my  Windows 10 computer.    I'm running P3DV4 from a folder in Program Files (not 86)  and everything is working fine except for ASP4.

Not even Hi-Fi Help or the Technical Dept., know why  it crashes my sim' when everyone else's seems to be fine.  I wouldn't mind trying it again except for the frustration it causes when it crahes my sim' and the full week of work that follows in getting it all to-gether again.

I'm also a long time customer of Hi-Fi having got my earliest version shortly after FSX came out even though that had a reasonable version of real world weather built in.   So, although I'm by no means a 'techie' I'm not exactly innocently ignorant with computer technicalities.

So, the whole thing is a conumdrom.  I'll give it another little while and maybe pluck up the guts to try again.

In the meantime I'm looking forward to the learning to fly a couple of new aircraft I just bought.

John

Posted (edited)

With my P3Dv4 I made a folder called P3Dv4 and P3Dv4 SDK nothing else on my 1TBSSD and FSX folder outside Program files outside program files x 86.on my main c drive with my os,I asume you have installed the sdk and run the simconnect files inside the main P3Dv4 folder redlist, if not that may help.If you have to re install again try ASP4 before you install anything else, just a thought.Have you checked the event veiwer as well after the crashs,type event veiwer in the seach bar, that can often give info as to the faulting path.

Edited by QCaptain

So back up your working installation to another drive first. Then try an install on the sim in program files. If it doesn't work, all you have to do is drag and drop the copy. I recommend also backing up the P3D folders in program dater and users\roaming.

Sue

Hi mate, you have asked for a good live weather program, specifically NOT AS16. May I suggest quite a good freeware (???) program. The instructions lead one to believe that it is a trial version with an expiry date however in practice that is not so; once you download and install it stays fully usable, on my system anyway. http://www.fsrealwx.net/

Hi Sue.

Yes you make sense.  I back everything up but in bits as they come in.  Stupid really.  That's good advice.  It won't make ASP4 work though!

Hi Bassman,

I've had a look at that and it looks promising.  However, before I leap, as the web site mentions only P3D , can you confirm please if it will work with W10 & P3DV4. 

Thanks,

John

It does work fine with W10 however I do not know about P3Dv4. Cheers Dan

I've checked it out Dan and I don't think they've got a P3DV4 version out yet.  They say they're working on a new update and they've already got a Beta but after my history with Hi-Fi starting with their Beta, I'm not prepared to take a chance.

FSGlobal is a favourite wish at the moment but they are still working an their V4 Version.

So, as usual with everything flight sim' related I'm having to wait!!

John