Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Flukey

I head Northwest!

Scenery design can be a little addictive sometimes and with my second child due in 6 months I said YBSU would be my last, well that lasted a couple of weeks and here we are with a place I have wanted to do for sometime now to enhance my Air North E170 flying..

East Kimberley Regional Airport (also Known as Kununarra Airport) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Kimberley_Regional_Airport

2017-6-15_16-3-59-111.jpg

2017-6-15_16-5-21-645.jpg

Rob, you are amazing. But with the family doubling soon we know you will have to change your priorities soon. In the meantime we enjoy your efforts. Thanks again.
P.s. Interested to know which E170 you fly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

9 hours ago, antonvs said:

P.s. Interested to know which E170 you fly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Wilco/feelthere version..

Despite it being dated visually I quite enjoy flying it, all systems seem to work fine

Hi Rob.

That takes me back to 1969 when I was working on the Kununurra Airport. It was just before Christmas and it was as hot as hell. We were installing  T-Vasis and other equipment on the new runway so that F28's could operate to and from the airport. After our works, the old runway was decommissioned as can be seen in the screenshots. Up until then, MMA, part of the Ansett Group were flying F27s to Kununurra. 

I was stationed at Port Hedland Airport later in 1972 and the F28's used to do a milk run from Darwin to Perth via Kununurra and Port Hedland. MMA in their wisdom shceduled the flight to leave Kununurra at dusk, just as the local bird population was flying from their day time haunts to their night time resting spots, right across the end of the runway. On a number of occassions birds got ingested into the engines and the next time the engines were run up to full power, at Port Hedland, one of them would fail. So when we arrived at work the next day, we would see a forlorn looking F28 sitting at the gate, waiting for the arrival of a Carvair from Melbourne with a replacement engine and mechanics to swap out the engine. Eventually MMA rescheduled the flight to avid takeoffs at dusk.

Both the Kununurra and Halls Creek updates look great. Thank in advance.

Cheers

Bernie

@BernieF I think that was a great story of the MMA/Ansett day's in the West. I was fascinated by your remark that "eventually MMA rescheduled....". With such a known risk I would have thought it would have been an instant decision after the first incident. Lol

Edited by antonvs

Yes,great stuff indeed!

When I first arrived on the Ord Project,it was later named Kununurra,there was only a survey camp,four tents,and I lived in a tent next to them for about 9 months until the first two houses were built,I was there with Northern Developments to prepare the pilot farm and grow the first crops,anyway that's another story,great to see the new airports under way,Halls Creek too,wonderfull!

Re donations ,I take it they are through the flight sim site?  cheers,Doc

Love the tales of the early outback, any more? Mine only go back to the late sixties. Teecee.

@Doc44 yes donations go through the Flightsim Store after you push the red donate button.  As an early bird at the Ord River Project did you ever come across one of my former colleagues the late Desmond J Clancy RIP - quite a character.

Got me beat, and I just spent a few minutes searching.. Got me beat mate, but regardless, it will be welcome, and I know it will be good. Teecee.

Its got me a bit stumped too,perhaps Fitzroy Crossing :-)   Doc

6 hours ago, Doc44 said:

Its got me a bit stumped too,perhaps Fitzroy Crossing :-)   Doc

Negative, thats alreay an OZx airport 

This place is another one of those locations Flightsim (and ORBX AU for that matter) forgot ;)

2017-6-28_23-12-57-4.jpg

2017-6-28_23-18-45-606.jpg

On 28/06/2017 at 0:01 AM, Flukey said:

Another Kimberley airfield in the works..Where art thou :ph34r:

I hear it has good fishing!

2017-6-27_23-40-51-103.jpg

Kalumburu, YKAL

Note my screengrab shows that 'trough' of water inline with your shot; in my Plan_G does not 'show' in my FSX.
I run Global & Global Vector, as well as all of Australia OzX/FTX5953c89ba4725_2017-6-29-1-13grab.thumb.jpg.0431acf9e77146637d73d2854bddf44e.jpg:twitch:

PS Flukey your's is much better looking. :wub:

Mate you could almost create a package called unlisted airports of Australia or the Forgotten Airports of Aus...

Hello Flukey,

Happy New Year and congratulation for your three new babies : one child and two airports ^_^

Cheers

Gérard