Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Mangoes

OZx in Prepar3d v4

Question

I installed the OZx scenery set in P3Dv3.4, some of the library objects were incompatible, but the benefits far outweighed the negatives. I am considering installing into P3Dv4 but would like to know if anyone has done so and what are they happy witj the scenery.

Steve S

26 answers to this question

Thats fantastic news, I'd be lost with all those outback Aussie airports thanks.

steve

On 6/11/2017 at 0:35 AM, hanleyc said:

We are in the process of recompiling the lib now. Should be available very very soon

Would love to have this. Holding off installing for this...

Sue

I've had quite good results by simply adding the area from my FSX installation using the Scenery Library.

When P3DV4 versions are ready it'll be just a matter of deleting the scenery entry for the FSX location and installing directly into P3DV4.

Make sure that you do not have any Teecee stuff  in your system, that would probably play havoc with  V4. Teecee.

On 22/06/2017 at 5:24 AM, Bruce e said:

594acf769f8bd_Snap2017-06-21at16_10_29.thumb.jpg.8c93ff6796f0b7f17ac303a9384aafd5.jpg

Can someone check Robs YSBK with the OZx P3D lib, I had a few hangers showing up black

I had that problem in v4 however i fixed it by placing all the  textures in robs ysbk texture folder into the main texture folder in the root directory

a added bonus of this method is since its loading from the primary texture folder of the sim, it will load textures faster than a 3rd party texture folder

On 6/10/2017 at 1:55 PM, Mangoes said:

I installed the OZx scenery set in P3Dv3.4, some of the library objects were incompatible, but the benefits far outweighed the negatives. I am considering installing into P3Dv4 but would like to know if anyone has done so and what are they happy witj the scenery.

Steve S

Hi Steve,

Having just bought P3D V4 and doing some testing, native FS9 models will come apart, I used for many years MAIW aircraft in FSX without any issues, but in P3D V4 they come apart, only some bits show. I'm thinking as long as it's a true FSX SP2 model you should be fine, any FS9 models and you'll have issues.

Cheers, Lawrence

On 7/19/2017 at 4:43 PM, aeronauta said:

Yes , no problems..although I have not checked for incompatible models ..

Jorge

Just checked Ants Hamilton Victoria and its missing the taxiways only part there everthing else is ok fyi..

3 hours ago, QCaptain said:

Just checked Ants Hamilton Victoria and its missing the taxiways only part there everthing else is ok fyi..

Thats a generic P3D problem with FSX afcads in P3D even OZx and other developers suffer the same problem

as for objects Ant created his own and thus far we havent found any problem with his custom objects

5 minutes ago, jeansy said:

Thats a generic P3D problem with FSX afcads in P3D even OZx and other developers suffer the same problem

as for objects Ant created his own and thus far we havent found any problem with his custom objects

Thanks Matt do you know a fix for it yet?

1 hour ago, QCaptain said:

Thanks Matt do you know a fix for it yet?

im not a scenery guru, but my understanding that the afcad needs to be re done with a program that complies 64bit afcads

I dont think there is such a program yet, but could be wrong

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:01 PM, jeansy said:

im not a scenery guru, but my understanding that the afcad needs to be re done with a program that complies 64bit afcads

I dont think there is such a program yet, but could be wrong

Missing taxiways happens even with Orbx in some places even in P3Dv3 32bit. Orbx YBAS is a classic example. I wonder if ModelConverterX can fix it?

Yep, 4.1 is available.

Incidentally, all my previous scenery re-installed very nicely into 4.1 wirth only one exception; Power Projects.  Got the pylons but the windfarms and Power Towers and steam effects refused.  Mind you, it was taken from  FS9 original scenery so I suppose I can't complain.

Aircraft proved to be a bit of a problem at first but there's now a hell of a lot of them that have been updated to work with both 4 & 4.1.  Just have to be a bit carefull that the model you choose is 4.1 friendly

John

hi . could somone check whitsunday airport for me . i just installed ants complete with whitsunday airport (airlie beach) . ants hamilton island works fine though when i approach airlie it starts to stutter and some buildings missings at airport.

running v4.1 max settings on strix 1080ti with ssds . it only happens here fine on orbx cairns ect ect . 

just wondering if i inslalled it wrong 

cheers pete