Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

JohnY

Joysticks and Throttles.

7 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if anyone can help me here but here goes.  Oh, and please remember I'm in England so any recommendations need to be for what's available in Europe.

Here goes.  I have a really good virtually new Saitek X52 Pro Joystick and Throttle.  They're  linked to-gether by cable and powered by one USB connection.  I really like them but I have a problem with the Throttle.

It works perfectly in every other way except that with the faster aircraft no matter what I do with the Axis I can't get it to slow down sufficiently to taxi comfortably and when landing I have to use full flaps, and reverse thrust. A couple of my large passenger aircraft just will not stay down on the runway even if I can get them to touch it and apply full brakes.

My question is, and because I really do like them, is there something I can do which will ameliorate this problem or, as a last resort, can someone recommend reasonably priced alternatives please?

Many thanks.

John

I have the same set up & dont have this problem.                   Is it the same for ALL a/c?

Check this...........

Unless the throttle axis sensitivity is to the far right your throttle will not fully close.  See first two pics   Rpm 2515 with Saitek throttle closed

.591d9dd1153b9_Snap2017-05-18at14_09_21.jpg.e190cc169b8e29a6676cdca4098d6439.jpg591d9dd3a892d_Snap2017-05-18at14_08_33.thumb.jpg.5ea9b5880ad7f677a61a9e65bde24e1e.jpg

and with the Throttle sensitivity to far right rpm down to 732 with throttle closed

591d9dd250dc3_Snap2017-05-18at14_10_28.jpg.855f25b4360e092e22bf1d2f73fead76.jpg591d9dd327154_Snap2017-05-18at14_11_39.thumb.jpg.0eb51cd5753675e084f008e265c98b42.jpg732

Same set up here with no problem. Calibrate in Windows control panel too, check your dead zones on the throttle. Bring the bottom limit up past where the throttle goes, it WILL shut off!

Hi Bruce and Sue

As usual, its me at fault.  I had the Pro-FlightX52 Pro settings with a very small null zone but had forgotten all about the Controls in P3D which are slightly different from FSX - has one more setting.  Anyway, shoving the P3D Throttle setting all the way to the right seems to have fixed it.  At least with a bit of reverse thrust I got it to land on the runway and actuall stay there.

So thanks both for your input. 

But I have one question please Sue.  What and where is the Windows Control Panel?

John

Windows Start Button, on right side of menu "Control Panel."  Then click on "Devices and Printers." Right click on the X-52 icon then select  "Game controller Settings."

Thanks Sue.  I did already have that and was actually trying to control it all from there.  I thought you had found something else in the Windows program.  Sorry.

All the best.

John