Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Bruce e

OZxFC JoinFS update on wind direction issue

10 posts in this topic

After testing today with Greg we have arrived at the following temporary (?) solution to the issue of different wind directions and speeds seen by pilots.

As of now do NOT tick the Wx box in JoinFS, instead each player MUST manually select the wind direction & speed into FSX / P3D

I will also publish my date & time / cloud layers / vis should you want to fly in similar conditions

Hopefully this matter will be resolved in the near future

.wx files cannot be created easily , one way to achieve this would be for the user to create a flight in the location and time desired , (any weather) and save it with a specific name related to the day of the OZx flight say  for today 1905 ..

The flight leader will do same but with the required weather and save the Flight .

All is needed now is for the leader to offer the .wx file that he created 1905.wx , for download  and for the users to replace their 1905.wx file with the one provided and load the flight.

Test it and I think it is going to be much better than trying to get all to learn how to set complex weather.,

One thing to note is that in the weather settings you will see still weater themes selected  but if you look at Customize the loaded weather is in.

Jorge

Here is today's weather.

1905.wx

PS forgot ...the weather files are in C:\Users\YOUR_ID\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files  or C:\Users\YOUR_ID\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files ,there would be 3 files 1905 with the following extensions .flt , .fxml and .wx.

That's what I had in mind. At least everyone would have the same weather as Bruce.

How practical it is remains to be seen.

Shouldn't be too difficult :frantics:

1. I publish DATE, TIME & PLACE

2 You load & save flight as above

3. I send Wx file

4. You replace your wx file with mine, job done....what could go wrong :baby::baby::hyper:

In the short term might just be easier to get all to set the wind manually.

we can discuss it when we meet next

what could possibly. ha.

Post your Wx file if you like and we could try it out. Shouldn't be too difficult.

The weather customization GUI is not very intuitive... and if you really want to create a complex scenario it would end in chaos!..

in any case doing the download and paste is a lot easier..

Jorge

I just checked. Vancouver is in the Northern Hemisphere.
Can I pack now? ^_^
{NB >> nb. Note to self = I must behave, I must behave, I must behave, ,,,,etc. I will I will. Promise!. ^_^  But I still want that Northern trip ok? :wub: }.
Slightly serious now. I apologise for my lax behaviour, which hopefully from now on will improve.

1 hour ago, nbrettoner said:

I just checked. Vancouver is in the Northern Hemisphere.
Can I pack now? ^_^
{NB >> nb. Note to self = I must behave, I must behave, I must behave, ,,,,etc. I will I will. Promise!. ^_^  But I still want that Northern trip ok? :wub: }.
Slightly serious now. I apologise for my lax behaviour, which hopefully from now on will improve.

Fat chance :laugh: