Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Bruce e

OZxFC "JoinFS" Club Flight 0930z Fri May 19

22 posts in this topic

NOTAM: We have received a complaint from both the ASA & SACAA relating to poor circuit  discipline.

You are reminded that all landing will be on the active RW as declared by the Wx God

Aircraft landing in opposing directions does not make for healthy pilots, also please keep chatter down to minimum

during take off & landings & when a/c are in the circuit.

Your cooperation in this matter is appreciated.

Failure to comply may result in a free boat ride to a place in the Northern Hemisphere! 

BAMT  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An initial exploration of Craig's Mnt Isa Remote Strips ( scenery will be available in the next few days ) starting at Cloncurry YCCY 

Please set wx as below (the time and wind are the important ones)  Do NOT  place a tick in the wx box in JoinFS

Date. present  Time. 1030 local...    Wind  122/8kts

Wx 3/8 Cirrus  10000 to 18000  Vis 50nm    

Wx file   1905.wx

591b31a9814b2_Snap2017-05-16at15_59_43.thumb.jpg.ac050478373406f4885dbe6c1f5ce6d0.jpg

IMPORTANT - Can I ask that everyone who wishes to fly this, please send me  PM so that I send you the link for the scenery. This will help me not let the world get hold off the unfinished scenery. This is an unofficial beta test if you like...any issues we find you can let me know.

I will have the link available sometime before Friday night....most likely tomorrow.

Hi Craig,

Although I will not be joining the lads and ladies on their OZxFC adventures, I'm always interested in their success. It is always interesting to fly privately some of the routes, and follow the after pictures by the members.

I like your idea of an unofficial beta test, offering scenery not yet seen before for club testing, as an added level of interest to the proposed flightplan.

Here's to a successful flight/beta test boys and girls, looking forward to some pictures (if that's allowed before official release).

30 minutes ago, Jethro-VH-JET said:

Hi Craig,

Although I will not be joining the lads and ladies on their OZxFC adventures, I'm always interested in their success. It is always interesting to fly privately some of the routes, and follow the after pictures by the members.

I like your idea of an unofficial beta test, offering scenery not yet seen before for club testing, as an added level of interest to the proposed flightplan.

Here's to a successful flight/beta test boys and girls, looking forward to some pictures (if that's allowed before official release).

No problems with pics.

3 hours ago, hanleyc said:

IMPORTANT - Can I ask that everyone who wishes to fly this, please send me  PM so that I send you the link for the scenery. This will help me not let the world get hold off the unfinished scenery. This is an unofficial beta test if you like...any issues we find you can let me know.

I will have the link available sometime before Friday night....most likely tomorrow.

Hi hanleyc,
Have sent you a PM. :smile:

kind regards,
Noel Brettoner

I've DL Craig's Mt Isa strips and think I've followed the instructions.

I've found all the strips by flying to them BUT don't have them on maps or GPS -  should they be ?

Don't have much scenery around them - have I loaded the OZx LIB file incorrectly (again)?

Cheers

David

Hi David,

I've also flown to each. At least one or two has/have some scenery added, but remember they are in Beta stage, and quite remote locations. ^_^

They will not show because they are not afcaded airports , also because of that wont show in plan-G even if you recreate the DataBase..

Jorge

So...what was the verdict with the weather .wx file? Was that going to be used or just set the weather as above?

1 hour ago, XBizzyB said:

I've DL Craig's Mt Isa strips and think I've followed the instructions.

I've found all the strips by flying to them BUT don't have them on maps or GPS -  should they be ?

Don't have much scenery around them - have I loaded the OZx LIB file incorrectly (again)?

Cheers

David

Dave,

Most are remote, dont have much or many objects/scenery around them, and a lot dont have ICAO's. Some are private strips on stations or large rural properties. I think you should be ok Dave. As long as you have placed the OZX folder contenets from the zip file into the OZX_LIB folder in FSX and the rest as a scenery folder you activate in FSX, you should be ok.  Some only have  a shed and maybe a windsock.

Thanks for all that.

I guess I've been spoiled by the 340(+++++) OZx strips.

Catch you later.

David

Here is a .csv to import into PlanG to get most of the MtIsa small airstrips...This will show the airstrips in PlanG

Jorge

MtIsaSmall.csv

Posted (edited)

VATSIM ? I thought this was for fun, don't talk- follow the rules- kiss the proper places. Been hanging out with John Venema ?

NOTAM: We have received a complaint from both the ASA & SACAA relating to poor circuit  discipline.

You are reminded that all landing will be on the active RW as declared by the Wx God

Aircraft landing in opposing directions does not make for healthy pilots, also please keep chatter down to minimum

during take off & landings & when a/c are in the circuit.

Your cooperation in this matter is appreciated.

Failure to comply may result in a free boat ride to a place in the Northern Hemisphere! 

BAMT  

Edited by Penzoil3

Hi Craig,

Re-downloaded & reinstalled from your link (thanks).
Carefully checked through I had everything in their right places, but still just that bungallow & garage scenery items at Carlson Hills. (Just white squares on ground).
Also, note that I think the 2nd strip? I was supposed to have buildings opposite side of strip. I have just dense trees. But the others seem ok.
Could I have another library either not downloaded or turned off (that these buildings belong to) ? Which library are they supposed to come from, or are they actually part of each airstrip's download??.
Plus I only received one download from your PM.

4 hours ago, TreeTops said:

Do you have OZx lib 1.2 which released with OZx v3.5?

Hi TreeTops,

Where do these libraries end up in my PC?. How can I tell if/what libraries I have?.
I downloaded 3.5 & installed as per instructions when it was released.

Can I re-download and install in order 'over the top' of what I currently have?.

Just a BTW; I recently had to reload all my OZx fields - I used OZx_AUS complete, including OZx_LIB v1.2, but in the OZx scenery, none of the Ozx strips had buildings, cones, fixed a/c etc -in desperation, I downloaded OZX LIB v1.0 and v 1.1 , which fixed it all !

Cheers

Thats correct Dave. I have removed that 'complete' download for that very reason. The same content is available in the individual installers download.

OK an update.
Have re-downloaded all libs (1.0, 1.1, 1.2) & OZx_OZ_v 3.0 to 3.5
Have reinstalled all libs, but not OZx_OZ stuff yet (I already should have all installed previously).
Not yet reflown vfr Cloncurry to Carlton Hills Strip, but Carlton Hills now looks all~good.
Am about to check out the rest. Will "PM" Craig with a copy of this post.
Have several screengrabs but won't share unless Craig says ok?.

However I can't remember if Craig said YCCY was unfinished or not. I have the main Terminal & adjacent building (next to passenger jet) missing, as well as several black squares beyond main airport area.
At the fuel tank slab I have three fences & a small black square behind slab (slab ok). Also small black square at distant rusty-roofed on-site bungallow.
Possibly windsock base also black?.

Has anyone else who has stuff apparently missing taken any pics??. Any comments? ^_^

Just so everyone knows...Cloncurry isnt complete. I just put it in as a start point for last Friday's flight. No need to report it again.

Let me know any other issues anyone finds. Myabe send me a PM with any screenshots.