Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
aeronauta

Aldinga YADG

I have completed Aldinga YADG and would like to submit it for review, I have a zip file of around 5Meg with all the required files.

Can you please advise, thankyou.

aldinga_final.jpg

Hi Jorge

You may be able to email it to me?

---- markwlee ---

----att------

---- bigpond -----

----dottt-----

---- net ------

----dottt----

----- au -----

I can then place it on the FTP. If it's lookin' goood - which I suspect, then Dev Status will make it easier to organise from there on. I'm sure there will be some minor alterations to make, though.

Hi Jorge

Some feedback on the most recent upload: can be moved to the dev forum once Jaykae gets a chance to grant you status.

th_aero_ADG1.jpg

th_aero_ADG2.jpg

th_aero_ADG3.jpg

Aldinga was one of FS9's top small strips, designed by Steve Royals. Yours is lookin' real good and will be a very welcome addition to OZx. I love your custom mdls.

Here's some things I noticed were missing or could do with a slight tweak:

1. Windsock

2. Buildings - just use ones from other libs?

3. Part of this building covers taxiway

4. Some more planes (Statics) would be nice - I couldn't open your FSX-planner AFCAD to see if you had Parking, hence AI traffic - but, checking in the FSX Freeflight screen there is none (N.B. the file ID for an AFCAD is AFX not FSX)

5. Another building and Static aircraft here

6. More buildings, including a custom one required?

7. Choose hangar instead of flat-roof shed?

8. Parked cars would look good

9. Add extension using apron - possibly choose bituminous instead of asphalt for runway, too as it's darker

10. OOps, I missed #10

11. Add turnaround using apron

12. Select and adjust colours (brown) to add some contrast and life to bkgd

13. Green up grass beside runway

14. Those infernal Road trees! - a temporary road exclude?

Are all the runways in it?

th_Aldinga_map.gif

Thankyou Mark...

1. I have a windsock in the middle of the airfield, I will put another in (1)

2. Can model some more but have to go back and take pics

3.will b e moved....

4. I was told that if the afcad prog used was FSX planner you had to use FSX...will change you are the Lead Dev.

8 I have parked cras there and a green post railing that I made and shd be in the aero lib.

11. tried several times and always looked bad...willtry again...

12.13.will repaint

14 have an exclude autogen, maybe needs an extra mm.

No all the runways and AI facilities are not in...

regards Jorge.

will work on all this items and resend...

Hi Jorge

It's well on the way!

"1. I have a windsock in the middle of the airfield, I will put another in (1)" Great!

"2. Can model some more but have to go back and take pics" Most would be okay as stock

"3.will b e moved...." It seems a little long

"4. I was told that if the afcad prog used was FSX planner you had to use FSX...will change you are the Lead Dev." Filenaming Convention

"8 I have parked cras there and a green post railing that I made and shd be in the aero lib." I have the rail but not the cars showing

"11. tried several times and always looked bad...willtry again..." It can look okay: check YGTO & ?

"12.13.will repaint" That'll be fantastic!

"14 have an exclude autogen, maybe needs an extra mm." Exclude Autogen doesn't work - try exclude roads poly in SBX

"No all the runways and AI facilities are not in" Just need enough to look good - not be totally accurate

I went to Aldinga YADG today and spent sometime with the operators there to find out a few things, the taxiways as I made the are OK there are no more, the second windsock is to be relocated to the other middle of the field and will be lighted as it is the runway, with white on the sides an orange in the centre taxiway and gree/red at the ends... I took pics of many new hangars and some more that they have planned....also some of the buildings around and some signs, they also have an old International Fire Engine..very good trip. Also went to old noarlunga for Jerry but that is another story.

Will model some of the things again and submit....

If I could just chuck in my tuppence pl

The 8 hangars just seem a little "too blue" - I realise that it is comparing to a satelite photo but they kinda look artificial in the colouration they show as

Not trying to sound picky - just an observation - the whole thing is very acceptable as is actually when compared to some of the stuff that is being thrown up these days and I wish I could do this stuff - I still hold you guys in awe

Sorry quinn I just saw your post, yes but the real thing is like that...look...

No worries mate - just an opinion and I see where you are coming from

Now, I assume you are going to hand code the hill in the background and that house overlooking the vineyard lol girl_devil.gif - and of course the sheds clapping.gif

cheers drinks.gif

i have downloaded the aldinga airfield from the latest oz collection but all i get is the main runways and the hangars but they are black and have no contrast.any ideas

Guest hcornea

Hmmm .. missing textures? will have to investigate.

Are you running FSX SP2, with DX10 switched off (only if using Vista)

If you can post a screenshot, that will help greatly.

Can I download this somewhere?

Hi Quinn

When will that be Sept 21. Can you email it to me ryan dot whyte at bigpond dot com :rolleyes:

Hi there mate

I was just wandering if you know about the clitch with current Aldinga YADG, SA in OZx. When you come in to land the ground disappears & you crash (not due to a bad landing). Its a a pain in the arse because its a good little airport & yours looks great, but i wanted to know if you knew about it or if theres a fix? I cant wait to download yours

Cheers for your time. :-)

Edited by Rye78

Hmmm .. missing textures? will have to investigate.

Are you running FSX SP2, with DX10 switched off (only if using Vista)

If you can post a screenshot, that will help greatly.

Hi hcornea

I was wondering if you were aware of the clitch in the OZx2.2 Aldinga SA. When i come in and land the ground disappears and then crash (not due to a bad landing) lol :bye:

i started my flight training at aldinga aerodrome, funny enough i think i remember talking to you aeronutica, i was with my father and we had a chat unless that was someone else also making a fsx version of aldinga aerodrome. anyways looking good so far.