Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

thericksteruk

Bowdenham Hof File

Question

Hi everyone I'm stuck again with my editing of Hof file. I have come across a problem when using Hof Suite 1.2 i cannot seem to save any changes without getting a .Net Framework error and it clearing all routes within the Hof file is this the way bowdenham was written? As i have tested this with a standard default Hof file from spandau and it worked. Is there a workaround?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as usual ^_^

Cheers Rich

5 answers to this question

Hi Rich,

The Bowdenham hof was created the manual way and is the same format used in the Spandau map. This is the way Hof's are suppose to be created for OMSI 2. However, many people seem to use the old OMSI 1 layout. The Hof file suite never really worked properly and certainly doesnt use the OMSI 2 format.

Thanks

Dazza

Sorry to contradict you Dazza, HOF suite is a newer app that was released late last year - http://www.omnibussimulator.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=40888 - and not the one from a few years ago. When HOF Suite works it's brilliant, it creates Omsi 2 style HOF files and can automatically copy them to other buses HOF files (and remember which ones you chose) to keep them in sync etc.

But it's extremely temperamental, if a stop is missing or incorrectly named in any way that the programme doesn't understand it will stop outputting and generate an error, I had a similar problem with Fiktivy Szczecin HOF files. @thericksteruk - how much of the HOF file does it create? It's a lot of work to sort, but keep a backup of the original one you can compare it with the generated HOF file an then work out which entry needs correcting so that HOF suite likes it (it would be the next item in the HOF file that needs sorting) - took me over an hour to sort Szczecin out though and I eventually decided it wasn't worth the hassle!

47 minutes ago, JohnSwallow said:

Sorry to contradict you Dazza, HOF suite is a newer app that was released late last year - http://www.omnibussimulator.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=40888 - and not the one from a few years ago. When HOF Suite works it's brilliant, it creates Omsi 2 style HOF files and can automatically copy them to other buses HOF files (and remember which ones you chose) to keep them in sync etc.

But it's extremely temperamental, if a stop is missing or incorrectly named in any way that the programme doesn't understand it will stop outputting and generate an error, I had a similar problem with Fiktivy Szczecin HOF files. @thericksteruk - how much of the HOF file does it create? It's a lot of work to sort, but keep a backup of the original one you can compare it with the generated HOF file an then work out which entry needs correcting so that HOF suite likes it (it would be the next item in the HOF file that needs sorting) - took me over an hour to sort Szczecin out though and I eventually decided it wasn't worth the hassle!

Thanks John!

I have been out of touch with OMSI for a while. I was completely unaware of the new Hof suite!

Hi thanks both for the replys i am using v1.2 i noticed that yes there was a stop i added new my self in the map and was spelt incorrectly in the Hof Suite i corrected it and seems ok now apart from i had to remake the Hof file from scratch copying data from the original one if that makes sense ^_^

Cheers again ^_^

Rich

As John pointed out already there are two mods for making hoffiles:

• Hof Creator, an old one based on Omsi 1 hoffiles. This one is made by Janniboy and isn't very useful in this modern Omsi times....  ;)
  • Hof Suite 1.2. This one is made by a guy called Rumpelhans. This program makes excellent modern hoffiles, is easy to use, has a lot of nice functions but it has its whims.