Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Flukey

WA FIFO mines Pilbara

28 posts in this topic

In support of WA month over at Vatpac (Australia's online community for Vatsim) I created a couple of FIFO Airports for a calendar event..

Here they are now for all to share whether you fly online or offline ^_^ which includes 4 FIFO Airports located in the Pilbara region of Western Australia

Airports are:

YANG - West Angelas Airport
YCWA - Coondewanna Airport
YFDF - Fortescue Dave Forrest Airport
YCHK - Graeme Rowley Aerodrome

All for Airports see regular service by Qantas and its Charter Partners as well as Virgin Australia and its regional Partners utilising F70/100, B717/738 and A320s to and From Perth international (YPPH)

YANG.jpg

YCHK.jpg

YCWA.jpg

YFDF.jpg

Flukey, did you mean to send the file ch_YTMO_mineobjectsplc.bg..looks like a ring in... from Craigs YTMO..I see also rf_YBRY_ADEX.bgl. but it only removed the RW the PAPI is still there..

Must compliment you on your use of file naming!!!

Jorge

Craig gave me the libraries to use and that's all they are, it doesn't include any of his new stuff (currently in development).

as for YBRY I thought I deleted it before the upload, so people go ahead and remove that ade file

The file is a PLC file for YTMO, YBRY removes as I said the RW but not he lightss.

It does to sorry, I'll remove an reupload

as for YBRY as I said just delete it all together but since I'll reupload I'll remove it

Perfect...

Jorge

As a dedicated "mineophyle" I thank you so much for this..Incredible, and right "out of the blue". Thanks again mate.. Teecee.

Great stuff Rob - what a lot of "easter eggs" we are getting from you great developers - we'll all be outback operators for the next couple of months I believe LOL

I have installed the mines airports and they look great. I have one problem though. They will show up in the airports list in P3D but won't show in Plan-G.

Tried that..I can't get them either.. Teecee.

I dont have Plan-G but Could it have something to do with the fact they dont have updated Airacs like other flightplanning programs such as Aivlasoft and only use data comes direct from the sim?

These Airports were not in the sim and had to be created from scratch..

I use aivlasoft myself and being that you can update airacs it picks these up, yet active sky next which doesn't and only takes sim data does not register these airports.

No big deal mate.. we know where and what they are.. If a fix turns up ..great. If not, as I said..No biggie. Teecee

PS: you can add your own markers in Plan-G.

I hate to appear greedy, but any chance of a basic PR of the Christmas Creek mine? Teecee.

These PlanG problems are strange.

I just checked after rebuilding database:

- YANG/West Angelas

- YCHK/Christmas Creek

- YCWA/Coodewanna

- YFDF/Fortescue Dave Forrest

All 4 airport are displayed in PlanG map.

Dieter

WA Mines.jpg

OK.. for some reason Plan-G did not recognise the file RF WA scenery, and I had to physically add it..got them all now.. I might add that in all my years of running Plan-G this is the first time I have had to do this, and I have no clue why now. Teecee.

Something I have never had to do Terry. Now need to find out how to physically add them.

Dont forget that now if you have 2 SIM's (FSX and P3D ) the database has to be done for both and the Display Database has to be ticked to the SIM you are flying... ( Menu>Data> Display P3D or Display FSX database...)

Jorge

Hi Rob (Flukey)

Just wanted to say thankyou for your continued enhancement of our OZx/Orbx world, these mining strips are perfect.

I have at least two 'elevated' strips (of these four), so I guess I go find Alan Blencowe's & turn them ".off" eh?