Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Timmy74

Please jog my memory....!?!

8 posts in this topic

Hello Guys,

Could you all please help me understand something....?   I am in the middle of doing a FULL P3Dv3 re-install and have only installed FTX Global, FTX Vector, FTX AU/NZ/EU/US regions, FTX OpenLC AU/US and all of my FTX AU Airports....

From last memory I thought that the scenery library listing would go like this.....

FTX AU Airports...
FTX AU/NZ/EU/US Region...

FTX OpenLC... 
FTX Vector...
Does this sound correct?

When I look at my scenery library listing I am getting my FTX stuff ALL over the shop!?!?  I did not think that you had to manually move them into their correct positions..I though the installer/FTXCentral did all of that!?!?

Like I said I can not remember..!?  Could someone please tell me which is the correct order that my scenery library should be in regards to the FTX entries??

Here is a snap shot of my scenery lib list for my current P3Dv3 install....  Does it look correct or is it time to re-install AGAIN!?!?!

Cheers

Tim...

FTX1754bc.jpg

FTX2431d0.jpg

Looks ok to me but have you set your "Library Insertion Point" for "Open LC" not forgetting insertion point for FTX when you have other scenery installed eg OZx stuff etc

58ef45c22f400_Snap2017-04-13at10_29_59.jpg.5c558b88dfe6283999d8b20b9d8fa868.jpg

1 hour ago, Bruce e said:

Looks ok to me but have you set your "Library Insertion Point" for "Open LC" not forgetting insertion point for FTX when you have other scenery installed eg OZx stuff etc

58ef45c22f400_Snap2017-04-13at10_29_59.jpg.5c558b88dfe6283999d8b20b9d8fa868.jpg

Hey Bruce,

Thank you for that. I have not yet installed any addons except FTX (ORBX) and wanted to check that it was correct before adding any OZx and other 3rd party stuff....
It just look incorrect to me. I always thought that FTX airports were at the top, then the "Full Fat" regions followed by OpenLC then Vector...?  But if you say that it looks correct I will push on and keep installing stuff.

Thank you,

Tim.

p.s. Here is a screenie of lower down FTX entries....
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/04/13/FTX381d06.jpg[/img]

Timmy just as a heads up

Ive noticed a bug/flaw or what ever you want to call it with ftx central v3.+ as for me and many others it messed up the scenery order, while I was googling to see if other people had same problem I came across quite a few post of people bitchin about FTX Cv3.+ and their new scenery orders

for me it was placing all my ftx addons in random order everywhere, I was getting NA freeware addons, the NA regions, then AU regions then NZ regions followed lastly by AU airports at the bottom

1. my fix was I reinstalled V2 of central and allowed it to rebuild my lib order and closed it,
  2. then i restarted the sim and did the minor scenery level adjustments and then save it
  3. then I saved a copy of my scenery and terrain cfgs post v2 and keep them in a save place
  4. then reinstalled the latest version of FTX v3
  5. each time I add a new non FTX scenery I save a copy of my scenery and terrain cfgs post v2 and keep them in a save place

now my scenery order is perfect and runs like a well oiled machine where previously with FTX Cv3 was causing system crashes

every time when FTX3 updates something on completion after my order is rearranged again as a messed up state,  I then would  find my saved scenery and terrain cfgs and paste them back into my program data folder and everything is back to normal

Since they dont support paypal, I have no interest in using my CC, so I wont purchase anything, other than If I was to add new scenery, I would start the process all over again from step 1 to 5

since doing that way P3D runs like a treat  where previously it was causing system hangs and lockups

sorry mate,  im a lil warm and fuzzy from some kick @ss painkillers for my shoulders, you have my number send us a txt and I can talk you thru the process that worked well for me and others

Thank you for the offer of help Matt.

Another question....  I have FSGlobal 2010 installed on my C: drive. So when I go to add scenery in P3D and pint it to my C: drive.....where do I place the FSGlobal 2010 entries?  Below FTX OpenLC?  Or below the FTX Vector entries?

In short where in my scenery library should FSGloabl 2010 sit?

Cheers,

Tim.

Whatever you do do not mess with the Vector Sc Lib order, it [Vector] will install where it needs to go.

My FS Global 2010 is immediately below the five Vector entries & above 1107 Base

1 hour ago, Bruce e said:

Whatever you do do not mess with the Vector Sc Lib order, it [Vector] will install where it needs to go.

My FS Global 2010 is immediately below the five Vector entries & above 1107 Base

Thank you again for your reply Bruce.  I have just re read my last post.....Man I must have been tired? It makes no sense!?!  

I was meant to say that I have FSGlobal installed on my C:\ drive and want my P3D (installed on my F:\ drive) to read those locations.... So when I add the FSGlobal entries manually to the P3D scenery library, were do they sit in regards to ORBX entries?

However, you have answered that for me now.  Thank you.   I am just sooooo tired from re-installing EVERYTHING again!?!?

I hope you are well? I have notice Duxford are really getting on with the Victor restoration.  Are you going to the Duxford Air Festival this year?

Cheers,

Tim.