Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RCFlyer

NMD S-64 Skycrane - Lifting Capacity?

3 posts in this topic

Anyone with the S-64:

What is the actual lifting capacity in pounds modeled in the aircraft?  I know the actual aircraft can lift ~20K lbs.  Many of the sim aircraft are not modeled to lift anywhere near what the aircraft can lift.  One can see this in the aircraft.cfg by comparing the empty weight and max gross weight.  I am considering purchase of the S-64 for firefighting simulation.  Also, of those with the S-64 who answer this post, who is using it in P3D?

Regards,

Danny

This is all I could find.

The Fuel and Payload menus on all four aircraft show different payload weights. The CH-54 carrying a pod weighs 2,800 pounds more than the CH-54 without a pod. The S-64 carrying water weighs 809 pounds more than the S-64 carrying nothing. Nonetheless, all four aircraft seem to perform the same. If there were any handling differences, I didn't notice them.

From- http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?1491-Sikorsky-Tarhe-Skycrane-By-Nemeth-Designs

Thanks for the information.  It sounds as if the modeling does not accurately reflect real life payload capabilities.  I figured as much.

Regards,

Danny