kovariles

Texture does strange things when cycling views.

Question

Posted (edited)

Every time I cycle views on the ground the texture warps and slowly develops as the attached screen shots illustrates. It only happens with Ants airfields. I have Orbx scenery throughout but did not do much flying over Australia because of the lack of airfields until I discovered OZx and Ants. Now I am pigging out visiting all the fields I used to fly into in real life plus a lot more but the experience is somewhat spoilt by this glitch. I am sure there is a solution but I am not clever enough to know what it is. Could you please help me.

2017-3-16_18-47-42-547.jpg

2017-3-16_18-47-45-729.jpg

2017-3-16_18-47-49-253.jpg

2017-3-16_18-47-54-390.jpg

2017-3-16_18-47-57-681.jpg

2017-3-16_18-48-1-580.jpg

2017-3-16_18-48-3-907.jpg

2017-3-16_18-48-38-387.jpg

2017-3-16_18-48-40-159.jpg

2017-3-16_18-48-47-534.jpg

An important part of my activity is to take screen shots which involves cycling views. I would appreciate some help please. It only happens with Ants airfields.

Edited by kovariles

5 answers to this question

Make sure your have all Ants Airfields at the very top of your scenery listing.

Hi Kovariles,

Another thing you could try is to add a line to your Cameras.cfg  [CameraDefinition.007] Nearest Tower  &  [CameraDefinition.010] AI Planes.

CycleHidden = Yes     (adding this line disables the "s" key cycling for that Definition only, it will still be available from the menu bar Views) see examples below highlighted in blue.

These 2 view points when cycled can prolong the time taken to draw / redraw the scene, as they often redraw from a distant point far from the user aircraft. When cycling the viewpoint back to the user aircraft the whole scene takes more time to redraw around the user aircraft, hence the unresolved textures, terrain, mesh, & local elevation.

You can find your Cameras.cfg   here:   C:\Users\{yourusername}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

[CameraDefinition.007]
Title = Nearest Tower
Guid = {60BC0819-BD04-4AF6-8954-8FC8AA3545FF}
Description = This is the description of the tower view.
Origin = Tower
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = Track
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = 8.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = FALSE
Transition = No
ShowLensFlare = False
Category = Tower
ClipMode = Tower
NoSortTitle = True
CycleHidden = Yes

[CameraDefinition.010]
Title = AI Planes
Guid = {75A8357E-AB58-4294-9416-90C73FAFDD90}
Description = This is the description of the AI aircraft view.
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = FlatChaseLocked
InstancedBased = Yes
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = FALSE
Transition = No
ShowLensFlare = FALSE
Category = AirTraffic
TargetCategory = Container
ClipMode = Spot
PitchPanRate = 30
HeadingPanRate = 75
PanAcceleratorTime = 0
CycleHidden = Yes

2 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Make sure your have all Ants Airfields at the very top of your scenery listing.

Thanks Terry, that was the first thing I checked. I don't understand why this is suddenly happening with Ants Airfields. I also have Bankstown and that is fine. Aldinga is also an Ants airfield and that is also fine. Jethro's suggestion solved my problem (see just above). Cheers, Les

1 hour ago, Jethro-VH-JET said:

Hi Kovariles,

Another thing you could try is to add a line to your Cameras.cfg  [CameraDefinition.007] Nearest Tower  &  [CameraDefinition.010] AI Planes.

CycleHidden = Yes     (adding this line disables the "s" key cycling for that Definition only, it will still be available from the menu bar Views) see examples below highlighted in blue.

These 2 view points when cycled can prolong the time taken to draw / redraw the scene, as they often redraw from a distant point far from the user aircraft. When cycling the viewpoint back to the user aircraft the whole scene takes more time to redraw around the user aircraft, hence the unresolved textures, terrain, mesh, & local elevation.

You can find your Cameras.cfg   here:   C:\Users\{yourusername}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

[CameraDefinition.007]
CycleHidden = Yes

[CameraDefinition.010]
CycleHidden = Yes

Thanks Jethro, it did the trick but I would never have thought of it without your help. Thanks Mate. Cheers, Les

Glad yo got it sorted mate, that Jethro bloke knows a thing or three

Posted (edited)

My pleasure Les, glad it had positive results for your simming and screenshotting.  I imagine these 2 camera views are seldom used under normal flights and are not needed when cycling Views from the "s" key or joystick programmed button. They work quite well with a vanilla FSX (no addons) but when scenery addons with enhanced detail are installed the whole situation becomes a lot more critical. PC Resources can struggle to cope with making both near and far scenery loading available in the time it takes to press the "s" button on the keyboard or button on the joystick.

The beauty of disabling "s" key cycle for these 2 views is that you can cycle back to the VCockpit in a shorter number of button press without overloading your resources, the most important External views (Spot Views) and VCockpit Views remain, for capturing those all important screen shots. you will also retain the "a" key positional Views.  

Edited by Jethro-VH-JET